Where do you rank Kharlamov all time?

Where do you rank Kharlamov all time?

• Total voters

Brucelenok

Aug 9, 2016
i bet 2% people on this board saw him play, i havent seen him live either. But based on videos (actual 1 hour long videos not highlights) I watched, skill wise he is top 20 players of all time and based on his domestic and international accomplishments

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
I went top 50 because hes closer to 50 than 100 and could be in the top 50 I think if I broke it down. But if hes 55-60 I still voted top 50 just because its a bit closer and doesnt imply he could be 90th or something.

Overrated from an all time stand point though. People put too much stock in a few international tournaments and a national team that trained together 7 days a week for 5-6 hours a day. Yes, those teams with chemistry developed and training all year round are going to look good internationally.

If a guy like Datsyuk played in a similar situation and people saw what he did defensively plus his insane dangles but only saw it a couple times a year internationally they would think he was Gretzky. These top Russians were good players dont get me wrong but couldnt hack it with the top 20 all time types

This is something people always ignore. "omg the Russians were even with Canada, always close matches, etc". What they fail to realize is that 1 team is training together all year to have competitive games with a "team" that played together for like 2 weeks. It's actually embarrassing for the Russians and shows how much better the Canadian players were.

100% agreed on the international tournament stuff. In this very thread "Kharlamov was soooo dominant in 72" so they just apply it to the rest of his career. Even though I posted his resume which quite honestly is pathetic for the pedestal some try to put him on.

Reactions: newfy

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
To anyone who voted for Top 5 or higher:

o3ke7q8iha95.gif

Zuluss

May 19, 2011
I'd say Makarov slots in right around Bossy. Kharlamov is well below.

Makarov is a Soviet Lafleur (7 dominant scoring titles in the Soviet League, the face of a great dynasty).
Kharlamov is a Soviet Bossy (great career cut short, awesome goal-scorer, could easily go goal-per-game if called upon, the money guy in the big moments).

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
So he has a quantity of quality wins..

Lmao I dont even understand your logic and I dont think you do either

ok, which player is likely better: The one who plays 20 NHL seasons and wins 4 Rosses or the one who plays 2 seasons and wins 2 Rosses?

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
The one who won more?
How do you define “more”? The one who won Rosses at a 100% rate vs the one who won at 20% rate or the one who played longer and gathered more? Please don’t tell me longevity makes you a better player. This was a respons to the quality vs quantity discussion. Seems difficult for some people around here to comprehend these terms.

Gavy

Jan 30, 2012
Ottawa
How do you define “more”? The one who won Rosses at a 100% rate vs the one who won at 20% rate or the one who played longer and gathered more? Please don’t tell me longevity makes you a better player. This was a respons to the quality vs quantity discussion. Seems difficult for some people around here to comprehend these terms.
4 is more than 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad