Where do you play?

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
First of all, this is a great idea for a forum, especially with the lockout depriving us of hockey talk.
:handclap:

Post what kind of hockey you play, position, age etc, as well as your highest level of competition.

Myself, I play in the Adult Safe Hockey League, I'm a goalie, never played anything better than House league (bantam and midget) and Bush League Senior.

I just got all new goal gear this year so it's a little tough getting it all broken in, but it's getting better.

Keetz

Sep 14, 2004
Little Falls
Just started organised last spring at the age of 33. Grew up in minnesota, always skated and played the pond but family couldn't afford the youth programs.
I'm loving it! Everyone is so helpfull and freindly, except for the head hunters who have forced me to wear a full cage because some freak would shoot the puck at my face every time he had a chance. No lie five times in one game even when he had an open shot on goal he choose to lift it to my skull. the ref gave him 2 mins for being a p&ick I think.

I play defence. and have just learned to not screen the goalie. my D partner is my greatest mentor. once I figured out he was yelling at me I started doing what he said and it has made me so much better. the better players still burn me but now it takes effort to burn me.

I'm having the time of my life. Everyone no matter the age or sex needs to play hockey.

f1nn

Jan 12, 2004
Espoo, Finland
I play for The Dallas Stars Selects bantam team as a defenseman and also for the SouthLake Dragons (High School). I huave played since I was 5 and have played for EJK, Bracknell Buzzers, Portland JuniorHawks, and the teams mentioned above.

usmhuskies

Well I am 27...Played hockey since I was 3: played 4 years for my high school despite my coach hating me): played 1 year of prep school : found out I was nothing but a goon, hey 117 PIMS in 20 games isn't bad... Tried out for a D III(Southern Maine)team a few years back, I made it but I didn't play at all so I hung them up ...I play pick-up every now and then still but i can't play too much cause I run a Men's league in Gorham Maine where a few Fellow HF Boards members still play in(if ya want to see a cool site go to check my pro we have a message board and everything for the league)...Last nite we just had a couple of fights and somebody BITING somebody after a fight: aww some of the thing you see in men's league you wouldn't think could happen...By the way, I was a D man(either side) and I still would put down a 20 dollar wager to anybody who thinks they can get by me... :)

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
I Play for the NGS Braves Midget Rep team. I'm a goalie. It's not the NHL but it's a great group of guys in the room and we have fun. We're above .500 too, a rarity for my age group.

Accord

Sep 25, 2004
South Florida
Officer Jim Lahey said:
First of all, this is a great idea for a forum, especially with the lockout depriving us of hockey talk.
:handclap:

Thank you, thank you :).

I'm 19 and have been playing since I was around 6 or so. I'm a defensemen and currently play in a no checking adult league, the highest level i've played at was travel in Amherst when I was 12.

two out of three*

I'm 15, and play for the Midget A 16u Ventura Mariners. I'm a defenseman. The highest level of Hockey I played was this, but I think im for sure AA caliber player.

Hawkeye8

Aug 2, 2002
San Pablo, CA
I'm a goalie and the highest level I have played is Midget 16u (would have made Midget B that year if it wasn't for the 16u team) for the Tri-Valley Blue Devils. Currently I'm just playing Adult pickups though I'm going to get into an Adult league soon.

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
right now i play junior triple A in quebec... ive played for well over 10 years. im a center and i like to think my style of play is alot like saku koivu's except im alot bigger then him ( 6'3 ) ;)

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
I am playing Midget Teir II for a double A (AA) organization team on Vancouver Island.

I am a goaltender, my stats so far this season are:

10 Games Played
2 Wins
6 Losses
1 Tie
0 Goals
0 Assists
0 Points
0 Penalty Minutes
0 Shutouts
585 Minutes Played
44 Goals Against
4.51 Goals Against Average
444 Shots Against
400 Saves
90.09 Save Percentage

The highest level I have played is exhibition in Junior A.
Brand: Bauer Vapor/Supreme

Icer

Oct 15, 2004
Keetz said:
Just started organised last spring at the age of 33. Grew up in minnesota, always skated and played the pond but family couldn't afford the youth programs. I play defence.

If it wasn't for the age difference I'd say we were twins separated at birth....

I started playing on an adult league three years ago at age 36. I grew up in Michigan playing pond hockey and pickup at the local rink but could never afford the youth programs. I also play defense.

My +/- is good and I strip the puck or break up the play more often than I allow shots on goal. I never take a bad penalty. If I could develop a slap shot, I'd probably be in the top pairing.

Youreallygotme

Aug 21, 2003
Kelowna BC
Dynamix said:
I am playing Midget Teir II for a double A (AA) organization team on Vancouver Island.

I am a goaltender, my stats so far this season are:

10 Games Played
2 Wins
6 Losses
1 Tie
0 Goals
0 Assists
0 Points
0 Penalty Minutes
0 Shutouts
585 Minutes Played
44 Goals Against
4.51 Goals Against Average
444 Shots Against
400 Saves
90.09 Save Percentage

The highest level I have played is exhibition in Junior A.
Brand: Bauer Vapor/Supreme

Where exactly on Vancouver Island? We just finished a tournament in Victoria this weekend and played a few teams from there.

badtakemachine

Dec 20, 2002
nucks&flames said:
Where exactly on Vancouver Island? We just finished a tournament in Victoria this weekend and played a few teams from there.
Alberni Valley, we weren't there.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
I play Rec league now...haha...it's good times.

I play for the JV team at UNBC - currently basically just in the Rec A division of the PGRHL

Stats can be found here: http://www.pgrhl.ca/teams.asp

currently sitting 2nd on my team with 25pts in 13 games.

We also played against Trinity Western University in October up here. 2 really good games. They were all about the speed....we were all about the hitting and punishing them when we got the chances haha...Won 4-2 in the Saturday night game, lost 7-4(half the team was hungover) sunday morning.

I played 2 years of Midget AAA, attended 1 WHL camp :yo: hahaha...ya right. 2 BCHL camps and 2 VIJHL (www.vijhl.com) camps. I played for the Comox Valley Glacier Kings ( http://www.island.net/~gkings/index.html ) towards the end of the 99-00 season, beat Port Alberni in the first round of the playoffs in 5 games, with game 5 going to double OT then lost to the Campbell River Storm in the North Division finals in 3-0....and got smoked handlely haha...

Last edited:

canadahockeygirl*

This is such a good idea for a thread...

I'm 24, grew up playing pond hockey and wanted to play with the boys, but I wasn't allowed until I was about 12. By the time I was in HS, the coach said he didn't want any girls on his team (even though I was better than a lot of them), so I played pickup with the boys and took a few clinics with girls. I ended up transferring to a prep school with an awesome team and was converted from D to goal since I couldn't stop checking. I was recruited to a few schools, but didn't play college (I showed up and one of the coaches decided she didn't want 3 goalies, so I quit) other than for a local club team whenever they needed a goalie or when my ex wanted to practice shooting. Last year I played for the Senior Lady Monarchs travel team and pickup with men every Sunday. This year I'm playing pickup as a goalie with two different groups of guys and I'm a very bad forward for the MIT club team. Some nights I'm absolutely awful, but I love being out there.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
canadahockeygirl said:
This year I'm playing pickup as a goalie with two different groups of guys and I'm a very bad forward for the MIT club team. Some nights I'm absolutely awful, but I love being out there.
You mean the Varsity MIT team??

Zetterberg4Captain*

Im a first year Bantam for the Redwing Bandits. I play left wing.

DaveyCrockett

Dec 8, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
I play rec league and shinny year round. I played a bit of house league as a kid but I really didn't start skating until last December. I'm a defensive defenseman. I am pretty awful but I was a decent player in E division in Toronto Ice Vic Park last summer. I currently play non-contact intramural at Western. I am starting my own D division team in the ASHL for this coming summer at Scarborough four rinks. During my 4 months off school in the summer, I play hockey 5 days a week unless my groin injury flares up (4 days shinny/stick and puck, 1 day my actual league).

ShippinItDaily

Apr 28, 2004
Saskatoon
I play Junior B for the Saskatoon Chiefs.

The highest level I ever played was an exhibition game in junior a for the humboldt broncos who went on to be junior a champions of canada, that was 2 years ago.

my league website is www.nsjhl.com

There is a forum on there but i think its terrible ...

canadahockeygirl*

Douggy said:
You mean the Varsity MIT team??

No, I mean the Women's club team. Only undergrads (or first year grad students who didn't play one of their four years of undergrad) are allowed to play Varsity, and I finished my undergrad in '02.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Accord said:
Thank you, thank you :).

I'm 19 and have been playing since I was around 6 or so. I'm a defensemen and currently play in a no checking adult league, .

We call those slow puck leagues in these parts; no hitting, no slap shots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad