Where do you play?

Goodwith Sticks

May 11, 2004
Vancouver
Should have got around to this one earlier...

I play for the Incheon Ice in the 4 team S.H.L. (Seoul Hockey League) here in Korea.. I've fallen a long way since my junior glory days .. ha not really. I'm here teaching English to be near my fiance (Korean) and was asked to join the team by another Canadian teacher. I fare very well with ease playing like this, there is such a large disparity in skating ability between players - I have a blast skating at will out there :D

And yes I've seen Tikkanen down in Anyang...

Tbagger

Dec 23, 2002
Bakersfield
Visit site
I'm 33. Played roller for about 5 years then thsy shut the rink down. A year later the built the Bakersfield Ice Sports center where I play now. I'm on the Adult Silver league. I play D on the red team.

Galchenkel

Nov 9, 2003
Saint Pierre
twitter.com
i'm 17 (october 1987) and i play midget in st pierre and miquelon, afiliate with french hockey asociation but i most play all around newfoundland! here we only have minor hockey that you must finish at 18 and then you play in the local garage league! :D but honestly, we have here young really promising talent but no scouts in the neighbourhood, gotta pay to go to ottawa, quebec, st john's....for training camps :shakehead

easton-AU

Jul 12, 2004
Sydney, Australia
I play in the ECSL here in australia, which is our highest junior division. Have played at national level also.

Forward for the sydney ice breakers right now.

Injektilo

Feb 3, 2005
Taiwan
Raven25 said:
Should have got around to this one earlier...

I play for the Incheon Ice in the 4 team S.H.L. (Seoul Hockey League) here in Korea.. I've fallen a long way since my junior glory days .. ha not really. I'm here teaching English to be near my fiance (Korean) and was asked to join the team by another Canadian teacher. I fare very well with ease playing like this, there is such a large disparity in skating ability between players - I have a blast skating at will out there :D

And yes I've seen Tikkanen down in Anyang...

That's pretty cool, just goes to show how you can find a hockey league to join just about anywhere I guess. I'm counting on that for when I start moving about after i'm done university.

I play in a intramural league based out of both the University of Waterloo and another one based out of Wilfrid Laurier University. I actually attend WLU, but I play under a friends name at UofW so I can play for free :D . I also play shinny when i'm able to at some noon hours (I was supposed to play every day this week till I hurt my ankle in a game on wednesday night, now i'm out for a while
:madfire: ) and rent the ice at UofW once a week for me and my friends when it's available. For UofW students its only $35 an hour, which is a great deal.

I've only been playing since I started university really, well, other than two years of atom way back when, so I'm hoping to improve enough by the time i'm done here to be able to join a league and not embarass myself.

GoBoltz56

Brisebois 1st Rounder
Jul 31, 2004
Tampa and Michigan
I played Junior B in Grand Rapids in the Central states league in 2001-2002, then played for Grand Valley state after i transfered there. Too busy with school at the moment, so i'm not playing currently :cry:

TORRUS

May 31, 2004
Beli
I'm from Croatia, 20 years old and I quit playing hockey about 5 years ago due to some problems with my teammates. It was the worst decision in my life... I plan to join a veteran team in october because I miss hockey too much! I was a member of the national team (I guess U14 or U15), leading scorer (played center) of our league and the highest level was playing in Slovenian league and tournaments in Czech republic and Slovakia. I played against all Slovenian players who were members of this years U20 squad (Kopitar included :yo: ). All that doesn't matter much since it was long time ago and we were just kids playing hockey.

Yammer

Oct 22, 2002
Republic of East Van
I play in a duffer's league. In Vancouver, we're spoiled for choice in recreational leagues -- there's everything for the rec player from beginner to quite expert. We're intermediates, I guess. I'm a checking center -- ok feet, bad hands!

hockeystud938

Feb 21, 2005
i am 14 i play D for my high school varisty team and i also am on that AA travel team i have been playing hockey for about 5 years now

Mackee

Oct 9, 2003
Montreal
I'm surprised I hadn't posted in this one myself.

Up until this past winter, I was a goalie in the Montreal Hockey League. The league has two seperate seasons (winter and summer obviously) and I played all year round (though I might get back into that next winter).

Two years ago I started playing in the Dollard-Montreal Ball Hockey League. I was a goalie in that league too. Wound up winning team MVP playing on a very bad team. This summer, I plan on playing defense...got tired of 50 shot games/countless 3 on 1s.

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
re:

I am a goal and the best caliber i ever played was Bantam A(we have A and AA here). That year i played against a few NHL draft pics including Travis Zajac. I ran into the problem of having to compete against Mike Nichol as well as Tyler Plante at every tryout for the high tier teams. Last season of hockey i played was a few years ago as a goalie for our Highschool team, we had a rough go of it, but picked up our play in the final half of the season and cracked the playoffs, only to go out in 4 straight lol.

PRB

Apr 29, 2005
Toronto, Canada
www.prbsports.com
I play for the Belfast Community Flyers. I'm 23 and only started the game 1 1/2 years ago but loving it and wishing I started earlier. Clearly my career is going nowhere but the rec hockey team im playing with is alot of fun. Only problem is there is only 2 teams in the country and due to a dispute thats only just been resolved we've yet to get a game in against them - yet. We've only had 1 game in our 1 year history against a touring team from NY that beat us 10-5 though I did manage to pick up 3 assists in my only game to date :D

knittingonskates

Apr 8, 2005
Qld, Australia
I'm 16 and I play in Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia, (inline not ice) so around here there isn't that much in the way of competition as we have an in house league though it has produced i think 8 australia players in the last 9 years.

The highest level i've played is starting goal for the state under 17 girls team and in september i'll be back up on the state open women's team to contest in the national titles. I think last nationals i ended up with thr 5th best Gaa in the country for female under 17 goalies.

Sasky

If only we had goalie coachs

GermanDevil

I play Roller Hockey here in Bad Nauheim in the 3rd german League... Three years ago I played together with former NHL-Player Bill Lochead... Im defender and my stats in the last years...

2005 = 10 games, 6 goals, 9 assists, 15 points, 26 minutes (the season isn´t over...)
2004 = 13 games, 8 goals, 6 assists, 15 points, 106 minutes <= :D
2003 = 12 games, 8 goals, 16 assists, 24 points, 14 minutes
2002 = 9 games, 5 goals, 7 assists, 12 points, 14 minutes
2001 = 15 games, 11 goals, 15 assists, 26 points, 51 minutes

Second Star

Aug 8, 2005
Pittsburgh, PA
For '05-'06 I'll be a rookie blueliner on the Pittsburgh Am. Penguins 19-U girls' AAA, 14-U girls' travel and local Bantam A. Last season I played local 19-U and highschool freshman for Ambridge.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Second Star said:
For '05-'06 I'll be a rookie blueliner on the Pittsburgh Am. Penguins 19-U girls' AAA, 14-U girls' travel and local Bantam A. Last season I played local 19-U and highschool freshman for Ambridge.
Do you just live at the rink or what?That is one heck of a load for someone under 14.

MiZZZike*

I'm 18 years old in Michigan, I play Midget AA (I think I'm one of, if not the oldest kid on the team), I skated with and made a Junior C team last year but I decided that I didn't wan't to do all the traveling up north and down south to Ohio, etc. I have a few friends who play Midget Major and I'm just as good as them, better than at least one. The problem is I didn't start playing organized ice hockey until I was 13, otherwise I think I could have possibly drafted by a Junior A team (I'm still young enough to maybe play there, but it's a longshot).

dbbourn

Aug 22, 2005
New Jersey
I'm 28 and play in a couple beer leagues full of ex-High School and Division III College players. I started playing on the ice 6 years ago and have been addicted since. I wish I started earlier, but I still enjoy every time I step on the ice. Our team has played some charity games against the NYC Fire Department, Port Authority Police Dept., and NJ Devils Alumni Team. (Daneyko didn't show) I know it is pretty lame compared to some of the other posters, but it is still hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad