Speculation: Where do the Jackets finish?

How many points do the jackets finish with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Jackets are 4-4-1 this month, though the wins have come over the Senators (fired coach), Blues (fired coach), Sabres (bad and maybe going to fire their coach?), and Leafs, a team that notoriously can't win very often in regulation and in which a 5 goal lead was blown.

In the last 10 games, the only win over an NHL-.500 or better team was that 5 goal blown lead against Toronto.

10 points behind WC2 spot (if you sort by points %).

Sens have fallen off so CBJ now sit 28th in the league by points %.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Dead last.
It's posts like this that prove to me once and for all you're not paying any attention whatsoever to any other teams in the League.

We have a better chance at a wild card spot than we do of dropping to the level of Chicago and San Jose (accounting for "games in hand" at both ends). San Jose has over double our negative goals differential (-95 to our -44) and Chicago is closer to that than not (-81).

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm with the majority here, I think anywhere from 80-90 points.

I listen to Portys podcast and he keeps predicting we start slow. Well, looking at our schedule, if we start slow it will likely be a major issue and a worse season than I actually thought. It's a relatively weaker start (4 game home stand to start, only 3 road games total in October) than we had last year. We also have a lot of home games in November too. So if we start slow, I feel like its going to be a potential bottom 5 finish again.

There's too many question marks for this to be a playoff team (center is still an issue, defense will be improved but by how much? And of course, goaltending) in all likelihood. If Elvis rebounds into first year form, then we can be right there. I don't anticipate that though and would not be surprised if Martin/Tarasov unseats him as starter at some points in the season.

Special teams will probably be an issue again.
Well, at least I was right about the schedule and special teams.

Unfortunately (kinda?) right about Elvis, roster issues, and definitely wrong on the point total.

Reactions: Cowumbus
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad