Speculation: Where do the Jackets finish?

How many points do the jackets finish with?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Losses in 8 of last 9 games.

Perfectly acceptable in the world of CBJ ownership, I guess.

If Jarmo and/or JD had a shred of personal integrity, then they would resign. They've each bilked the franchise out of of undeserved mega millions already by huge job under performance and cost the ownership millions upon millions in contracts to Babcock and others and lost ticket revenues. Enough is enough.

Reactions: Michigan Magic

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
Jarmo???

Attachments

• rsz_jo200603c.jpg
    rsz_jo200603c.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 5

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
I said at the beginning on the season the only way Jarmo and JD get fired is if they have another lottery finish....

Well, we still have a long way to go left in the season but they might want to start checking the housing market to see what they can get for their homes next summer.

I get that they don't want to make any reactionary moves, but something has to do get done about goaltending. Martin is struggling with basics, Elvis has extreme swings with little consistency and both struggle with rebound control. We're not going to win many games giving up 3-4 goals/game.

This team is super inconsistent, which was expected... But there's no way this team should be under .500

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Through the first 15 games....

-'22-'23: 5-9-1 (11 points)
-'23-'24: 4-7-4 (12 points)

Winning less, but losing more in OT/SO.

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
I said at the beginning on the season the only way Jarmo and JD get fired is if they have another lottery finish....

Well, we still have a long way to go left in the season but they might want to start checking the housing market to see what they can get for their homes next summer.

I get that they don't want to make any reactionary moves, but something has to do get done about goaltending. Martin is struggling with basics, Elvis has extreme swings with little consistency and both struggle with rebound control. We're not going to win many games giving up 3-4 goals/game.

This team is super inconsistent, which was expected... But there's no way this team should be under .500
why does John Gibson get a pass when the team is rebuilding.. but when the BJ are rebuilding its " Elvis sucks".. Elvis is insanely underrated.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
why does John Gibson get a pass when the team is rebuilding.. but when the BJ are rebuilding its " Elvis sucks".. Elvis is insanely underrated.
1000001632.png

He hasn't been good for a few seasons tbh. Yes the team around him hasn't exactly been great but he's nothing special. I was hoping he'd rebound and turn back into the beast from the first few seasons, but that's not likely imo.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
10 losses in the last 11 games. Last year, the team never lost 10 of 11 in any stretch.

Last year's team only had one 6+ game losing streak (7 in a row).

Michigan Magic

Nov 3, 2023
Hattiesburg
That's OK. Coach and Shelley will tell us how it goes beyond the final score. We have glate practice. Working hard. I got a feeling this'll be the breakout game for our guys struggling.
I wish I could buy ESPN+ so I didn't have to hear that yes man talk every game.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
That's OK. Coach and Shelley will tell us how it goes beyond the final score. We have glate practice. Working hard. I got a feeling this'll be the breakout game for our guys struggling.
I wish I could buy ESPN+ so I didn't have to hear that yes man talk every game.
I mean it’s $11 a month, I’d do it

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
it’s kinda crazy every game minus the red wing game has been a one goal game ( not counting empty net goals) this team could easily have a positive record the future is bright!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Imagine if they ever fix the power play.
Man you're funny, jackets with a competent powerplay?!

Seriously though, have we EVER had a top 10 powerplay at the end of the season?

Edit:
our best PP% in a season were
13/14 we finished 11th at 19.3
14/15 we finished 5th with 21.7%
16/17 we finished 12th with 19.9

Last edited:

Cheddarcheese

Oct 24, 2023
We have the weapons to have a top pp I imagine we finish somewhere in the middle of the pack this year and hopefully build a strong one to carry over next year !

Reactions: Monk

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
I was very optimistic going into this season, but it's becoming clear that they are not going to be where I thought they would be.

To some degree, I agree with the argument that they are better than their record shows. I mean, just imagine them having league average PP. How many more goals wouldn't they have? Enough to win a few more games, certainly. Has Vincent mentioned the PP as an issue?

The problem, I think, with that argument is which of the Eastern teams are they "actually" better than? Montréal? Probably. Philadelphia? Maybe, but the Flyers have been quite good so far. Washington? Same thing as with the Flyers. Pittsburgh? Doubtful? Ottawa? Probably not. So probably only the Canadiens. Since they predominantly face Eastern teams, I am getting more and more convinced that we are looking at another bottom five placement for the Jackets in the league, even if they get going more. If they lose to Chicago next time, I am probably going to start thinking about the next draft more than this season. I still believe in them in the long run, though.

Last edited:

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
My initial vote was in the 70 points range. It's doubtful that they even hit 70 now.

Congrats to 3 the Super Cynics/Realists who took under 70 points. Under 70 appears to be the winner at this point as 58 points in the final 63 games doesn't look realistic.

A 4th straight season with no playoffs is almost a certainty. And it ain't the fault of the Penitentiary Ghosts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad