Pre-Game Talk: Whenever vs. Ottawa: The Most Important Game for the future of the team?

What are you hoping for on Monday?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
People should honestly stop referring to him as a "coach". That title isn't befitting.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
lol unfortunate mistake in wording on the tsn web site re stalock getting waived.

"Meanwhile, the Oilers plan to start Mikko Koskinen Saturday at home against the Edmonton Oilers after it was announced on Thursday that goalie Mike Smith will miss one to two weeks with a thumb injury."

Reactions: foofighter

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Jb4Usp3.gif

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
lol unfortunate mistake in wording on the tsn web site re stalock getting waived.

"Meanwhile, the Oilers plan to start Mikko Koskinen Saturday at home against the Edmonton Oilers after it was announced on Thursday that goalie Mike Smith will miss one to two weeks with a thumb injury."

Outside of Rishaug the Toronto Sports Network doesn’t GAF what really happens in Edmonton.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Honestly maybe just try Barrie at forward, lol, it can't be worse than that trainwreck of a lineup.

What exactly is the hard on the Oilers have for not giving Cooper Marody a shot too?

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Just saw on TSN’s ticker that the Oilers have placed Stalock on waivers. Does that mean he’s healthy enough for some type of action? I didn’t think you could waive injured players. If nothing has changed in his status why wouldn’t they have done this before?

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018

No, that isn't a mistake. Mikko Koskinen plays very well against us on many nights, helping the other teams gain momentum by leaking goals against.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Just saw on TSN’s ticker that the Oilers have placed Stalock on waivers. Does that mean he’s healthy enough for some type of action? I didn’t think you could waive injured players. If nothing has changed in his status why wouldn’t they have done this before?

Keep an eye on the pinned Injury thread for all things Injury/covid related to players.

He was cleared by doctors earlier this week.

Reactions: rboomercat90

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I mean the context is pretty specific. If losing one game loses us Tippett than its a win overall cause we will win more without Tippett.
One game in the grand scheme of things is meaningless if it leads to change.
But I mean, they aren't replacing Tippett anyways, so fingers crossed the players can do miracles on their own. Those lines are a terrible start though. Like you can't look at those lines and think "Man Tippett is so good and knows what he is doing"

The context is crystal clear, and zero gray area. If you're hoping your team loses you've ceased cheering for the clubs ongoing success.

ffs for a decade here people (some) were cheering for losses so that we could "rebuild" loading up on picks like Hall, Nuge, Eberle, lol Yakupov. That didn't succeed in anything but around a decade of the darkest seasons ever. But here we are again..

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Anybody thinking McLeod can't handle a line apparently hasn't been watching the last year of hockey. he's a better option at Center, already, than RNH is. With what we have left for players McLeod centering the 2nd line is about the most sense. Of course you load up McDrai against Ottawa because it always works. The McLeod line could score too.

Gonna say it here too. People were saying we should shorten up the forward lineup, dress 11 guys and give some fill with McDrai or others pulling some extra shifts. When it happens its another reason to fire Tippett. lolol.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The context is crystal clear, and zero gray area. If you're hoping your team loses you've ceased cheering for the clubs ongoing success.

ffs for a decade here people (some) were cheering for losses so that we could "rebuild" loading up on picks like Hall, Nuge, Eberle, lol Yakupov. That didn't succeed in anything but around a decade of the darkest seasons ever. But here we are again..
No one is hoping to lose games.
There was a rumor (that was pretty not real) That if we lost against Ottawa, Holland would fire Tippett.
There is a ton of gray area. To some losing this single game means we win more games this year cause our bad coach is gone.
There is a difference between wanting to lose a single game to force a change and actively cheering against the team game after game.

Reactions: Stoneman89

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
No one is hoping to lose games.
There was a rumor (that was pretty not real) That if we lost against Ottawa, Holland would fire Tippett.
There is a ton of gray area. To some losing this single game means we win more games this year cause our bad coach is gone.
There is a difference between wanting to lose a single game to force a change and actively cheering against the team game after game.

Total bs. I've seen some of the same posters cheering for the club to lose through the decade of darkness. Some of those posters are still here. I'm not the only one noticing it.

Reactions: TB12 and Leo360

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

If fan cheering did anything maybe you should cheer for competent management.

It's not like any of us gets a vote on anything going on here.

If fans were allowed to vote, Barzal would've been taken with the pick, the Oilers would've waited for a Muzzin type to be available instead of overspending for Larsson, Zegras over Broberg, Smith would not have been banked on to be the starter this year, Tippett would not be the coach, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited:

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Total bs. I've seen some of the same posters cheering for the club to lose through the decade of darkness. Some of those posters are still here. I'm not the only one noticing it.
Okay? Thats some. You implied it all. I thought you didn't judge people everyone based on some peoples actions.
At the time the poll was made, I hoped for a loss cause that most likely (apparently) meant that Tippett was gone and we no longer had to watch his boneheaded coaching moves.
Now that its no longer the case. I hope for a win.

Oh look, a shade of grey.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Yeah losing just begets more losing and ingrains into the culture of the hockey club. Tippett isn't going to be fired, Holland said as much earlier this week so cheer for wins and good times!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce