Pre-Game Talk: Whenever vs. Ottawa: The Most Important Game for the future of the team?

What are you hoping for on Monday?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Not sure the game even gets played.

That said win or lose I think Tippett remains as coach till his deal expires. (Not a pole choice) Retaining him can’t be as simple as passing the Ottawa test. Can it??

Reactions: Czechboy

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Not sure the game even gets played.

That said win or lose I think Tippett remains as coach till his deal expires. (Not a pole choice) Retaining him can’t be as simple as passing the Ottawa test. Can it??
I thought Ottawa can't postpone anymore games?

All the verbal this week is somehow leading to that seemingly preposterous assertion, lol.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I thought Ottawa can't postpone anymore games?

All the verbal this week is somehow leading to that seemingly preposterous assertion, lol.

Friedman reported that earlier but then Ottawa postponed 2 more games today and said it remains to be seen if they even play in Alberta next week.

Daley said the league might have to extend the season by a week today as well.

Reactions: Cloned

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Oilers win and get healthy, Tippett gets more leash. Oilers lose at home to the 3rd worst team and this team's owner quite possibly pushes the issue to fire the coach versus 21 player trade with Tampa Bay. ;)

EDIT: Breaking News on the 21 player deal with Tampa. See video and substitute Tippett and Tampa Bay.

Happy Friday.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dorian2

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
How many coaches has Hopkins played for?
7 in 11 seasons?
Tippet has best winning percentage since Glen Sather and we've been totally screwed in many ways this season.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
7 in 11 seasons?
Tippet has best winning percentage since Glen Sather and we've been totally screwed in many ways this season.
How's Tippetts playoffs winning percentage compared to Sathers? I think this is the point. It's noticable that he has lost the room now and he isn't an elite coach anyway. It's time to move on.

He might not be able to get them to the playoffs. Sather... Lol. I wish

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
7 in 11 seasons?

He could play for a million coaches, doesn’t matter if none of them are very good

Reactions: RattsSSV

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I should have heeded the siren call of Klefbom's shoulder turning to dust and Larsson choosing expansion much more than I did at the time. I think we all should have. What kind of team loses pieces of that value and survives?

(and replaces them him a couple of old pieces of meat that cost top dollar)

Reactions: Skar

Rengorlex

Aug 25, 2021
Is there any word on whether the games postponed games are being played during the scheduled olympic break?? Watch Oilers have senseless, several week breaks and then go 26 games in 30 days to finish the season.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Is there any word on whether the games postponed games are being played during the scheduled olympic break?? Watch Oilers have senseless, several week breaks and then go 26 games in 30 days to finish the season.

Yea it’s been widely reported most of the postponed games will tried to be run during the former Olympic break and Daley said today they may even have to add a week to the end of the season.

YakDavid

Dec 12, 2010
I find it unreal that they postpone other games but not this. Probably pissing off nhl players further about the whole Olympics and non participation. I understand it’s a business decision but at some point the games have to get played.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Saturday is an optional practice, Sunday full practice, Monday morning skate, then the game gets postponed 20 minutes before puck drop....

Reactions: Czechboy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad