When would you start believing again?

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
I BELIEVE that we see eye to eye finally. ;)
Well except for the guy above who says "I BELIEVE THAT WE"LL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR BOYS". Anybody see eye to eye with that?
Oh, wait, it was just an eg.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Diehard? Really? I see a lot of fickle people on this site. One day they love the team, next day they hate them.
One month player X is a legend on this board, next month he's a "dumpster fire".

I consider myself a diehard. I would never make an avatar that says "now hiring losers" - even when I thought that Katz had given a directive to lose on purpose to obtain high draft picks. When you think about it, its kind of ridiculous to call any player good enough to make the NHL a "loser". In much the same vein, its pretty foolish to call men with the accomplishments of Katz, Lowe and MacT "losers". You seem comfortable calling the team out as a pack of losers and broadcasting your loss of "belief". Is that diehard? Maybe I'm doing this "fan" thing wrong ...

Again, I have to question what this means. Its an ice hockey team. Do you mean confidence? Or is watching ice hockey a spiritual experience for you?

Now that I can understand. If the OP had asked "what will make you happy", or "when will you be satisfied", perhaps I wouldn't be confused.

i take the 'believe' as asking when will I believe the team is going in the right direction, or believe the rebuild will work out, or that the team is in good hands.

I do believe the rebuild will eventually yield a decent team, but I nolonger believe it will automatically yeild a cup or even a contender. why? because i do not believe the organization has the balls to do what i believe needs to be done. Namely, trade a few of their wunderkids that they are so in love with.

I believe the core is flawed and will not win it all, as is. When they can part with an Eberle or a Schultz, then the management team has matured enough to make a deal to take them over the top. but, as long as they are married to this core and the original plan, i expect them to be a team that can win 2 playoff rounds, but not 4.

but, they are still my team. I'm just not as enthusiastic as I once was, and I am no longer a self proclaimed die-hard. that part of me died last season.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
i take the 'believe' as asking when will I believe the team is going in the right direction, or believe the rebuild will work out, or that the team is in good hands.

I do believe the rebuild will eventually yield a decent team, but I nolonger believe it will automatically yeild a cup or even a contender. why? because i do not believe the organization has the balls to do what i believe needs to be done. Namely, trade a few of their wunderkids that they are so in love with.

I believe the core is flawed and will not win it all, as is. When they can part with an Eberle or a Schultz, then the management team has matured enough to make a deal to take them over the top. but, as long as they are married to this core and the original plan, i expect them to be a team that can win 2 playoff rounds, but not 4.

but, they are still my team. I'm just not as enthusiastic as I once was, and I am no longer a self proclaimed die-hard. that part of me died last season.
I get what you are saying but this team is better than anything we have had post 06. Yes they underachieve in most aspects and the balance does seem to be fatally flawed. But and it is a big but, we finally have some very talented players to build around. I know there are some very warranted doubts about coaching and mgmt. being able get this rebuild on the right track. My biggest hope is that they figure it out before the nucleus of the team starts to give in to frustration…and that could happen soon if the team fails to play meaningful hockey late in the season. I am an optimist so I will say they get it turned around this year.

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Well except for the guy above who says "I BELIEVE THAT WE"LL MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS YEAR BOYS". Anybody see eye to eye with that?
Oh, wait, it was just an eg.

Hahahahaha... I wish I could believe that.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Bumping this thread...

When the team doesn't follow a winning streak with a losing streak ...

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
We would have to win 6-7 straight games and blow out some good teams to get me back to where we were at with Krueger.

DarksideGhost

Apr 9, 2014
Edmonton
I would start believing again if draft this guy.
connor-mcdavid.jpg

Or Get Mark Messier to come out of retirement and play Center since we are looking for a #2 lol! Then truck load money to Scott Stevens to teach us how to play D. :P lol! My fantasy Oilers in NHL94 team :P

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
I'd start believing again when we can be over .500 at the 60 game mark. And even then I'd still be stingy.

bestmyfeeling

Oct 22, 2010
i will believe again when eakins/mact or anyone one or both of those two are replaced by someone with 200+ NHL games of experience.

Ogopogo*

We need a real defense - this brigade of third-pair guys is why we suck. As much as I like Eberle, we need to trade him for a good first-pair D man then, we might have a little stability.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
Only a complete purge by Katz.

MacT, Lowe and Eakins are hellbent on forcing their plan, process and program. They will literally take this team to the pits of hell before admitting they were wrong.

They are like crazed madmen. Seriously, this management team has lost it.

Katz has to do it.

Stainsy

Time to improve
Jun 21, 2005
Ont.
www.parkerhousemotel.com
I honestly believe that this team won't have a winning season again until they all go see the same sports psychologist that Horcoff went to go see before his one and only breakout season. This team has to think that they are cursed, and there certainly is no pushback when things start to go bad. You can see it etched in every face, damn, here we go again when something bad happens.

I honestly believe that all the losing for the last 7 seasons has sunk into the dressing room so badly, even with all the player turnover, that the team hasn't got any belief that they can win. They don't know how to win. They have no clue what it takes to win. Right now, there is no one on the team player, or management wise that can convince this team that they can win. They are finished. SUCK. Its in every persons mentality on this team.

That is exactly why players that get off this team go to another team, and start being successful again. Nope, its not a lack of talent, its not a lack of team play, its not just a lack of scoring or bad goaltending. All the games I have watched, they have let down in key moments, given up bad goals, or gotten in a hole early. Why? They just don't believe that they can win. They need to have their psyche changed.

The whole damn team, including management need to go to that same sports psychologist, and figure out where they are going wrong.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
Only a complete purge by Katz.

MacT, Lowe and Eakins are hellbent on forcing their plan, process and program. They will literally take this team to the pits of hell before admitting they were wrong.

They are like crazed madmen. Seriously, this management team has lost it.

Katz has to do it.

100% agreed. These guys have no idea what they're doing. I bet they're gonna ruin the team trying to save their jobs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00