When Will We Begin The Slafkovsky Discussion? - UPDATE: Hatrick Against Philadelphia April 9, 2024

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I'm pretty sure that's what they believe they did.
Farrell, Simoneau, Harvey-Pinard, Mesar, Hutson, Caufield... the Habs haven't shied away from drafting small but talented players. If they picked Reinbacher it's because they felt he was the better prospect.
better than Michkov? if that's true then as a fan Id hope that the scouting staff are fired and someone new comes in that hasnt lost tough with reality.
also pretty bad when the most talented player is Caufield who is still pretty far away from being considered High-end Skill.
Caufield is good dont get me wrong but he will likely never be in conversation to being among the top NHLers in the league.

Michkov likely will be up there though

atleast they moved on from only drafting players that speak French

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
It's some scrub named Henri Richard. Had a famous brother apparently.

Thanks. I stopped looking after I got to the 1958-59 season and didn't find anyone.

Had I known I had to go all the way back to 55-56 to find an O6 era player who scored 40 points in 64 games as a 19 year old, I wouldn't have wasted my time looking for the record, and would have gone straight to pointing out that the record being that low for that long helps confirm how few good 19 year olds have actually played for the Habs over the years.

I may have also pointed out that Slaf had 37 points by March 20, and was therefore 3 points behind the record, not 2 as the first post claimed.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
better than Michkov? if that's true then as a fan Id hope that the scouting staff are fired and someone new comes in that hasnt lost tough with reality.
also pretty bad when the most talented player is Caufield who is still pretty far away from being considered High-end Skill.
Caufield is good dont get me wrong but he will likely never be in conversation to being among the top NHLers in the league.

Michkov likely will be up there though

atleast they moved on from only drafting players that speak French

They never did only draft players who spoke French. Not sure where you got that idea.

If Michkov were such a guarantee to be among the top players in the league, he wouldn't have fallen to the Flyers. Every year there's a prospect that HFBoards is certain was overlooked, or dropped too far, or will prove NHL scouting departments wrong... experience has shown me that NHL scouting departments get it right more often than HFBoards. Michkov may very well turn out to be better than Reinbacher. But I'd bet good money it's not nearly as much of a slam dunk as you believe it to be.

Reactions: viceroy

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
They never did only draft players who spoke French. Not sure where you got that idea.

If Michkov were such a guarantee to be among the top players in the league, he wouldn't have fallen to the Flyers. Every year there's a prospect that HFBoards is certain was overlooked, or dropped too far, or will prove NHL scouting departments wrong... experience has shown me that NHL scouting departments get it right more often than HFBoards. Michkov may very well turn out to be better than Reinbacher. But I'd bet good money it's not nearly as much of a slam dunk as you believe it to be.
if Michkov wasnt staying in the KHL for 3 years he could have gone as early as 2nd or 3rd but the time in the KHL is what pushed him little further back. something that shouldnt concern MTL considering their position.

Reactions: Ciao

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
are you new to HFBoard? most threads go this way but if u back track enough u will see one of my original messages was on Slav

...you can literally see everyone's join date.

Yeah, I know a lot of threads get like this and they all suck for it too. Its lame when you want to read about the topic and you click only to find the last bunch of messages are from posters going back and forth on something completely off topic.

You have different opinions on the Habs draft and Michkov. Leave it at that the entire thread doesn't have to become that. Also, YOU brought up the habs passing on Michkov for absolutely no reason at all other than derail the positive Habs' player thread.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

Yeah, I know a lot of threads get like this and they all suck for it too. Its lame when you want to read about the topic and you click only to find the last bunch of messages are from posters going back and forth on something completely off topic.

You have different opinions on the Habs draft and Michkov. Leave it at that the entire thread doesn't have to become that. Also, YOU brought up the habs passing on Michkov for absolutely no reason at all other than derail the positive Habs' player thread.
never meant to derail this thread but was just saying there was never a reason to hate on Slav but gave an example of something to laugh at.

sorry dont let things get to you so much? I dont know what to tell you.

people rip on my team and just about anything that has to do with it all the time and that's just fine. I'm pretty sure u will get over people giving you guys a hard time for passing on Michkov

Heffyhoof

Jan 17, 2016

people rip on my team and just about anything that has to do with it all the time and that's just fine. I'm pretty sure u will get over people giving you guys a hard time for passing on Michkov
Welcome to being a Habs fan now because you've disagreed with a boring troll.

ismelofhockey

Oct 22, 2017
if Michkov wasnt staying in the KHL for 3 years he could have gone as early as 2nd or 3rd but the time in the KHL is what pushed him little further back. something that shouldnt concern MTL considering their position.

Or so you believe. But what proof do you have.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Or so you believe. But what proof do you have.
Dont need to, there were plenty of places saying Michkov was the 2nd most talented player in the draft but due to staying in the KHL for atleast 3 seasons he was never going over the other 4. he was ranked as low as 2nd and as high as 4th on elite prospects among all sources.
Ranked #3 by CONSOLIDATED RANKING
Ranked #4 by ELITEPROSPECTS.COM
Ranked #3 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #3 by DAILY FACEOFF
Ranked #4 by THE HOCKEY NEWS
Ranked #4 by TSN/BOB McKENZIE
Ranked #4 by MCKEEN’S HOCKEY
Ranked #4 by TSN/CRAIG BUTTON
Ranked #2 by NHL CENTRAL SCOUTING (EU Skaters)
Ranked #4 by SPORTSNET
Ranked #3 by RECRUIT SCOUTING
Ranked #3 by DOBBERPROSPECTS
Ranked #2 by DRAFT PROSPECTS HOCKEY
Ranked #4 by SMAHT SCOUTING

Welcome to being a Habs fan now because you've disagreed with a boring troll.
I dont troll anyone, Im just speaking the truth, Im sorry you dislike it. I guess welcome to life as a Leafs fan? where 90% of people bash you every chance they get.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Dont need to, there were plenty of places saying Michkov was the 2nd most talented player in the draft but due to staying in the KHL for atleast 3 seasons he was never going over the other 4. he was ranked as low as 2nd and as high as 4th on elite prospects among all sources.
Ranked #3 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #4 by SPORTSNET

I dont troll anyone, Im just speaking the truth, Im sorry you dislike it. I guess welcome to life as a Leafs fan? where 90% of people bash you every chance they get.
This is a Slaf thread. Stay on topic.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Ranked #3 by FCHOCKEY
Ranked #4 by SPORTSNET

Then why didn’t Anaheim, Columbus or SJ picked him between 2-4? Or Arizona at 6? They’re all as far as Montreal in their rebuild.

jellybeans

Nov 9, 2007

I'm pretty sure Mithkov will be very good but there was to much risk with him for some teams.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Juraj Slafkovsky has 19 points in his last 21 games.

He is also now just 2 points shy of the record for most points by a 19 year Habs player.

I hate the Habs but this kid is special. Where are the haters?
Are we pumping tires on a 1st OV pick that will likely finish his second season under 50 points?

Reactions: Kleefeld

Killswitch

May 22, 2022
McDavid and Mathews, plus MacKinnon had 63 in his rookie year. RNH had 52 in his rookie season. Hishier had 52 in his rookie season. Bedard has 58 in his rookie. Or are we only counting second seasons for some weirdly specific reason?

DaPhazz

Jun 30, 2016
When he and the Habs become relevant. For now who cares.

Too bad for him that he will have to wear the first over-all banner and the pressures which come with it. I see him as a Patches type of player. He will make an impact, but I highly doubt he will ever be even close to elite.

Credibility, self-destructed

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Shane Wright in AHL this season,
38 points in 50 games = 0.76 ppg

Joshua Roy in AHL this season,
32 points in 40 games = 0.80 ppg

Shane Wright NHL to date,
2 points in 11 games

Joshua Roy NHL to date,
9 points in 23 games

Roy is only 5 months older than Wright. If he were 6 weeks younger, he would have been in the same 2022 draft class as Wright and Slaf.

The opposite for me. The reps benefited Slaf a LOT. Too bad if it worried stat-watching fans or poolers.

is this a Michkov thread? Keep it on topic
@Breakfast of Champs. I guess you missed the post comparing Joshua Roy to Sane Wright.

If that's not off-topic I don't know what is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad