When Will We Begin The Slafkovsky Discussion? - UPDATE: Hatrick Against Philadelphia April 9, 2024

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
Consistent 1st line icetime definitely helped him. Playing with Suzuki who has elevated his game to another level this year has helped him a lot. But he deserves full credit. Something clicked and he figured something out. Personally I was wrong about him. I did not realize the hockey IQ was so high and I think another thing that stands out is that he seems to have a strong will to learn and absorb what people (coaching staff) are telling him. You can see the confidence grow almost each game. He's learning to use his size, anticipates plays more by being in the right places, reduced the turnovers and always battling. He looks like he's a lot to contain and he's only 19. It'll be interesting to see where the ceiling is with him for sure.

Non Player Canadiens

Jan 25, 2012
Maplewood, NJ
Juraj Slafkovsky has 19 points in his last 21 games.

He is also now just 2 points shy of the record for most points by a 19 year Habs player.

I hate the Habs but this kid is special. Where are the haters?
Maybe lets see him do this over a full season / multiple seasons before you hang the mission accomplished banner.
i don't see any Mission Accomplished banners, do you? OP is literally starting a discussion.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
All 12 goals are even strength, he also has 72 hits in the last 39 games. He's still only 19 and he's still learning how to use his body. Kid is going to be the next premier power forward similiar to prime Bertuzzi/Iginla.
actually only 7 of the 12 goals are even strength, but that doesn't diminish the fact that he has been really good in those 39 games. And there is more to come, I am sure. I am a big believer in this kid.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
When he and the Habs become relevant. For now who cares.

Too bad for him that he will have to wear the first over-all banner and the pressures which come with it. I see him as a Patches type of player. He will make an impact, but I highly doubt he will ever be even close to elite.

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada

He is also now just 2 points shy of the record for most points by a 19 year Habs player.

4666fd_98dd62ffabb14c6c8d8f8f607f34d7be~mv2.gif

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I'm sure they all went back to look at the history of high-level picks who took more than a year to grow physically, mentally, emotionally into good or even great players and adjusting their hot takes, right?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Yeah but when he's no longer a teenager in 10 days his development is going to come to a screeching halt. Players can't develop further once they hit 20, especially former top draft picks.

Omg he’s that old already?
Take him out back and put that old geezer down.
Habs better think long and hard before extending him.

• Haha
Reactions: Pomee

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Consistent 1st line icetime definitely helped him. Playing with Suzuki who has elevated his game to another level this year has helped him a lot. But he deserves full credit. Something clicked and he figured something out. Personally I was wrong about him. I did not realize the hockey IQ was so high and I think another thing that stands out is that he seems to have a strong will to learn and absorb what people (coaching staff) are telling him. You can see the confidence grow almost each game. He's learning to use his size, anticipates plays more by being in the right places, reduced the turnovers and always battling. He looks like he's a lot to contain and he's only 19. It'll be interesting to see where the ceiling is with him for sure.
Someone, has been watching the Habs and Slafkosky.
Nice post.

As for the original question where are the haters, they were the one's who did not watch the kid, and let themselves out a couple of months ago when the kid proved them wrong.
These threads usually don't get to pages 2-3 and then shutdown.....

The kid has played well, and should continue to be a good NHL player. No one ever said, the Habs drafted a Crosby or Ovie type, player................but many of us said, give it time, he could be a good one. We are only just passing a number of games that has him around 100 so let the chips fall.

The talk of a bust, were so immature, hence they always got shitdown.

Where's the dude who made a thread about Slaf being litteraly the single worst #1 round Pick of all time at right now?
Asking his dad for some allowance?? LOlL.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006

Shane Wright in AHL this season,
38 points in 50 games = 0.76 ppg

Joshua Roy in AHL this season,
32 points in 40 games = 0.80 ppg

Shane Wright NHL to date,
2 points in 11 games

Joshua Roy NHL to date,
9 points in 23 games

Roy is only 5 months older than Wright. If he were 6 weeks younger, he would have been in the same 2022 draft class as Wright and Slaf.

Slaf's solid season has taught me two things.

1- He shouldn't have been in the NHL last season.
2- Suzuki is way better than most people think. My favourite Hab.
The opposite for me. The reps benefited Slaf a LOT. Too bad if it worried stat-watching fans or poolers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad