When Will We Begin The Slafkovsky Discussion? - UPDATE: Hatrick Against Philadelphia April 9, 2024

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
was it though? by saying didn't Leafs pass on Guhle? pass on him over who? the guy that just passed away? why got something negative to say about him?
then what was the point in bringing up passing on Guhle? it's not really out of line to question it

The disrespect for the person you are responding to it takes to immediately think someone saying "Guhle would have been a good draft pick for you guys," to somehow think the person is dancing on someone's grave is not measurable. Shows a lack of respect to Amirov and his passing as well to use it for one upmansship on HFboards.

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
It was a reach at the time. Amirov was selected much earlier than he should have. RIP.

But none of that has anything to do with Slaf ripping it up! :)

When is Knies gonna tear it up???
what u mean he was selected much earlier than he should have?
only 2 had him going later than he did.
dont care if Knies rips it up at all lmao. its so funny because I really dont give a shit if Leafs do well or not

Reactions: The Podium

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
what u mean he was selected much earlier than he should have?
only 2 had him going later than he did.
dont care if Knies rips it up at all lmao. its so funny because I really dont give a shit if Leafs do well or not
Again, what does this have to do with Slafkovsky? No once cares about why the Leafs missed out on Guhle. Get over it. Stay on topic.

Reactions: Rozz and viceroy

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
The disrespect for the person you are responding to it takes to immediately think someone saying "Guhle would have been a good draft pick for you guys," to somehow think the person is dancing on someone's grave is not measurable. Shows a lack of respect to Amirov and his passing as well to use it for one upmansship on HFboards.
well thats the impression I got out of it, why would you even bring that up? Amirov was selected 1 spot before Guhle. he's obviously trying to make it out to be a big mistake but really you have no idea how Amirov would have turned out if he stayed healthy.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
well thats the impression I got out of it, why would you even bring that up? Amirov was selected 1 spot before Guhle. he's obviously trying to make it out to be a big mistake but really you have no idea how Amirov would have turned out if he stayed healthy.
True, he could have been an ECHL player. No one knows.

Reactions: Rozz and viceroy

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
It's good for the league when high draft picks live up to it. Good to see him turning the corner.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
How did a Slaf thread devolve into a Leaf shouldn’t have drafted a guy who died thread?

Stay classy Habs fans

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
No one’s talking negatively. Only you are deraoa thread. Why? Get on topic!!
you guys keep replying to me and keeping the conversation going not like Im alone on this. you have a part in it too pal

Again, what does this have to do with Slafkovsky? No once cares about why the Leafs missed out on Guhle. Get over it. Stay on topic.
I didnt bring up Guhle or Knies up originally just so you know. if you guys wanna keep it on Slav and start talking about Slav I dont know what to tell you

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Slafkovsky blows Knies out of the water. But that’s to be expected.
does he? they seem kinda close and Slav only has like 10 more points which is kinda interesting considering one is on the 1st line and the other is on the 3rd line.
Slav prob should blow Knies out of the water considering he's a 1st overall pick and Knies went 57th overall

frederixx

Dec 5, 2005
does he? they seem kinda close and Slav only has like 10 more points which is kinda interesting considering one is on the 1st line and the other is on the 3rd line.
Slav prob should blow Knies out of the water considering he's a 1st overall pick and Knies went 57th overall

I'm sure the Leafs are happy with their selection (and they should be), but there's a reason one is playing on the 1st line. If I'm not mistaken, he's been close to PPG since he's been moved on that 1st line and while I don't watch many Habs games, he's also been an important part of that line.
And let's not forget that he was 19 the whole year.

2 good picks that will play against each other for years to come

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
I'm sure the Leafs are happy with their selection (and they should be), but there's a reason one is playing on the 1st line. If I'm not mistaken, he's been close to PPG since he's been moved on that 1st line and while I don't watch many Habs games, he's also been an important part of that line.
And let's not forget that he was 19 the whole year.

2 good picks that will play against each other for years to come
I wouldnt say either is better than the other right now but I think both will be good players just not sure how good

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Slaf is better right now. Pretty easy to see
whats so easy about it? Slaf gets more ice time, more opportunity but yet he only has 11 points more. besides Im not trying to say that Knies is better but does Slaf blow Knies out of the water like buddy said? well what about him blows Knies out the water? Knies seems fairly close to him right now most nights Slaf gets around double the time on ice Knies gets but only has 11 more points.
interesting to hear what's so easy about it

Last edited:

thefutures

Sponsor
Jul 2, 2017
whats so easy about it? Slaf gets more ice time, more opportunity but yet he only has 11 points more. besides Im not trying to say that Knies is better but does Slaf blow Knies out of the water like buddy said? well what about him blows Knies out the water? Knies seems fairly close to him right now most nights Slaf gets around double the time on ice Knies gets but only has 11 more points.
Didn't knies get extended looks in the top 6 without producing much this year?

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Slaf have 27pts in is last 30games. Right now, he is the better player and it's not even up tho debate.

Reactions: CristianoRonaldo

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com
Didn't knies get extended looks in the top 6 without producing much this year?
like most young players he has been streaky but hes had looks in the top 6 usually when there have been injuries or trying something new. I doubt Slaf would have been able to keep a top 6 role in Toronto all season long either.

still not sure Slaf blows him out of the water.

Slaf have 27pts in is last 30games. Right now, he is the better player and it's not even up tho debate.
im sure playing full time with Nick Suzuki will help with that. and Slaf should be the better player. his numbers are PRETTY damn close to be saying he blows Knies out the water though

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad