When will the Habs streak of awful play end?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Our record without Price pretty much shows how good of a player we have in Price.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
All teams slump and there is no saying they wouldn't have lost several games with Price and Gallagher in the lineup.

On the bright side, it allowed management to test several options and to better gauge the readiness of its call-ups, and perhaps more importantly, to bring to the fore the missing ingredients in the top 6 and how the team should approach dealing with western conference opponents.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
The underrated part of the Price injury is this :

The other team takes advantage of the situation. When Price is healthy, it's a huge problematic for the other team. They know it will be really hard to win, and they do not play with the same confidence. Down by 1 goal? It's a big drawback. Down by 2 goals? It seems insurmountable. The Habs can exploit the other team just by the sheer presence of Carey Price.

When Price is out for a long period of time, the other team knows that :

-It is much easier to win the game

-It is much easier to overcome a goal against

-It is much easier to score a goal past Condon or Tokarski

-It is much easier to intimidate the Habs (score a goal and suddenly the Habs are scared)

-And so on...

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Galchenyuk and Pacioretty. Keep in mind Pacioretty is still not at 100%.

I can't tell if you are serious. Jamie Benn is an Art Ross winner and Pacioretty can't even crack 70 points. Tyler Seguin had 67 points in his second nhl season, while Galchenyuk had 46 in his 3rd.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
I can't tell if you are serious. Jamie Benn is an Art Ross winner and Pacioretty can't even crack 70 points. Tyler Seguin had 67 points in his second nhl season, while Galchenyuk had 46 in his 3rd.
I'm very serious, I don't think they can win the cup with their goaltending. They're quite formidable. But they're equal to this team.

Seriously if people don't like this team there are other to cheer for.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Seriously if people don't like this team there are other to cheer for.

Just because I say that Seguin and Benn are much better than Galchenyuk and Pacioretty doesn't mean I dislike the team. It's not crazy talk. Benn and Seguin are top 10 players in the league, there isn't any other forward duo that are as good as them.

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
The wins will come back when Price comes back and it's that simple. Say what you want about or team wit out Price but he at least wins us occasional games

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
There was no time better to bring our young prospects up into the NHL, this is called stages of development. All of the elite teams use their young hardworking prospects to see how they will fare, it's the reward for the efforts they are making in the AHL. This has been done since before I was born some 60 yrs. ago, by all the NHL teams, Detroit is lauded often for their farm teams and their patient approach to developing prospects in their system. The Habs have only reinstated their system that fell into despair over a few decades, Marc Bergevin our illustrious GM has painstakingly rebuilt the Habs once fruitful farm system back into it's former glory. The parent Habs are merely using the unfortunate injuries to our players, to the benefit of our future team. The parity between NHL teams being what it was in the days of the Original Six Era, it is once again in this Era due to the Salary Cap and ceasing expansion, which has helped the hockey leagues worldwide to stock the pro teams. This of course makes it very difficult for even the elite teams to overcome losing two of their "Core Group Players" especially when one is considered the Best in the World. So please all you young fans stop the fanatical outcries about our players, this is a team sport, no team wins every game, these players "Our Habs" give their best efforts and no fan, none of us, can come close to feeling the bitter taste of defeat, that each member of "Our Habs" are suffering. Please try to put yourself in their position, they are each trying to do more whilst their teammates are injured. Remember the nine game winning stretch, that's the Good Times, loyal fans are there throughout both the Good & Bad Times, these are still the same heroes that you applaud and they appreciate their fans backing them. As you would appreciate your mate for always having your back, that's the measure of a true & loyal fan!!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
S Bah you're the best person for this. I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Last edited:

S Bah

Nov 7, 2010
victoria bc
S Bah you're the best person for this. I appreciate your enthusiasm.

Thanks Kojo, and I too appreciate your enthusiasm for our great team, let's see what the playoffs bring our team & it's fans worldwide!!!... Go Habs Go !!!...:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Benn is a lot better than Pacioretty and Seguin is infinitely better than Galchenyuk and I think Galchenyuk is a great player

It's hard for some to see the flaws in our players.
Their constant overating of roster and prospect boggles my mind.
I often wonder what their level of disappointment is at the end of each season.
Mine is bad enough without the rose colored glasses.

MrDangles67

Jun 17, 2014
Nb,Canada
Although we all want a coaching change Montreal would never go after a good coach like Babcock because he doesn't speak fluid French...

shawdowmaker

Dec 20, 2011
Montreal
Relying on two unproven goalkeepers is the biggest problem right now!! MB is the major culprit for the simple reason that he did not improve the team injuries or not.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Easy.

When Price returns.

This team is so soft they piss fabric softener, hell some of our players make Patrice Brisebois look like Bob Probert.

A lot of us have been saying it for a long time now, this is a team that still has glaring holes up front and without Price it is glaringly obvious.

We will be a wildcard team by the time Price returns, and He'll probably feel pressure to return sooner than he should and will re-injure himself at some point again. Book it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad