When will the Habs streak of awful play end?

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
It's the same old ****ing story.

No goal scorers other than Pacioretty and he only scores into empty nets now.

No game breaker, too many guys not willing to pay the price and go into the dirty areas.

And now you don't have the best goaltender in the world to cover your terrible weaknesses this year.

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
When we get a coach who can coach, not just rely on the planet's best goalie - there I said it

Davebo*

When the cameras from that stupid winter classic BS go away...

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
When we get a coach who can coach, not just rely on the planet's best goalie - there I said it

Lmao people forget that we still won many games when Price got injured, we only started to lose after Gally's injury. But let's ignore that, and say that we were just relying on price... :help:

AntonCH

Jul 6, 2009
Lmao people forget that we still won many games when Price got injured, we only started to lose after Gally's injury. But let's ignore that, and say that we were just relying on price... :help:

Good coaches find a way to deal with adversity, not fold like a cheap chair. Stop using injury as an excuse; every team gets them.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Bazinga, toronto 5 LA 0, Tironto takes San Jise to OT.

Its all about the coaching. MT should never of been hired.

?

2012-13 - Finish first in North East div, 4th in League
2013-14 - Finish 9th in the League (100 points)
2014-15 - Finish second in the League
2015 - Now - Top 3 in the League since the season started (+ Historic start to the season)

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Good coaches find a way to deal with adversity, not fold like a cheap chair. Stop using injury as an excuse; every team gets them.

We had ton of adversity since he came in, and we managed to deal with them. So?

I doubt any other team in the league have their two best player injured right now..

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Whenever our lord and savior Carey Price return, that's when.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
We had ton of adversity since he came in, and we managed to deal with them. So?

I doubt any other team in the league have their two best player injured right now..

I think it's amusing how Gallagher is getting more and more overrated as the losses pill up. When we lost him, we lost "a top 6 forward". And then he became a "top 3 forward", and suddenly he's supposed to be the best Habs forward? Is he going to be Crosby-elite in 2 or 3 more losses? It doesn't work like that.

Stop the stupid excuses, teams had WAY worse injuries in the past and they managed to play normal hockey, not this cluster****.

Sword

May 26, 2014
I think it's amusing how Gallagher is getting more and more overrated as the losses pill up. When we lost him, we lost "a top 6 forward". And then he became a "top 3 forward", and suddenly he's supposed to be the best Habs forward? Is he going to be Crosby-elite in 2 or 3 more losses? It doesn't work like that.

Stop the stupid excuses, teams had WAY worse injuries in the past and they managed to play normal hockey, not this cluster****.

Wow! Someone who speaks the truth, that's exactly how I feel about Gallagher.

:handclap:

Lorty

May 7, 2013
I don't see an end until Price returns.

Pretty much. This team is in LOVE with Carey Price, they will do everything they can to win for him when the team faces adversity. Sure, the team plays for their coach or the organization, but deep inside them, Carey Price holds a special place in their heart.

But hey, how can we blame them? The coach did the same thing over the last years : Games after games, when Price dominated and the Habs managed to win games they didn't deserve to win, the coach didn't bother fixing issues. "Carey Price was solid again, we played well, blahblahblah". The coach and every single person in the organization portrayed Carey Price as the solution of all our problems. Heck, he WAS the solution of all our problems.

This is what happens when we encourage such an unhealthy behavior towards a single person in the team. When that person isn't there anymore, then the team can't behave like a structured team anymore.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad