When will Seguin return?

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
He will be back by the end of this month, early April. So yes now is the time to pick him up off waivers in your fantasy hockey league and place him on IR.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Seguin is going to come back as a warm body, that's about it. I wouldn't count on any late fantasy season heroics from him lol

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
With the divisions all jumbled up I didn't even realize that he was out. What kind of an injury does he have?

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I can see it already. With 5 games left, Stars still have a mathematical chance to make playoffs, so they rush Seguin and Bishop back, with similar results to the playoffs last year, where neither was effective. And more injuries occur.....

Linus Bryksa

Mar 2, 2021
i
based on last few seasons if he is healthy - trade him if you can find a sucker - and Benn as well - Stars are playing kids - may as well write off the season and get rid of the detriments- and if there is a market for an often injured 7 million dollar goalie please look at moving him!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
You can't trade those contracts especially not in a COVID economy. Benn has been on a super decline and barely is a top 6 player at this point. Seguin just had a major surgery and we don't know how good he will look. Who trades for that in a COVID capworld ? Stars best hope is Seguin returns to pre-injury form which sadly was probably the 2018/19 season because otherwise that contract will be a massive problem.

Reactions: Dynamite Time

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
No reason to trade Seguin because of this injury. Prior to it, he had four straight seasons where he played every game. During that time he was top 20 in overall scoring. Even with his down year. He is only 29 when next season comes around. Plenty of years left as a top center.

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
i
based on last few seasons if he is healthy - trade him if you can find a sucker - and Benn as well - Stars are playing kids - may as well write off the season and get rid of the detriments- and if there is a market for an often injured 7 million dollar goalie please look at moving him!
We should also trade for mcdavid .

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
No reason to trade Seguin because of this injury. Prior to it, he had four straight seasons where he played every game. During that time he was top 20 in overall scoring. Even with his down year. He is only 29 when next season comes around. Plenty of years left as a top center.
When looking at the four seasons prior to this one where he was healthy, he was 23rd in scoring. I'm not posting this to say you're wrong, but I am more trying to get to the idea that you and a lot of people might be surprised at the persistent downward trend of his production, a downward trend happening all while goal scoring league wide has been climbing up over the past few seasons. Here's how he's finished in total points as a Star.

13-14: 4th
14-15: 7th
15-16: 14th
16-17: 14th
17-18: 24th
18-19: 29th
19-20: 68th

Yeah, he's only 29 years old, but he hasn't been a point a game player since his age 24 season. Not that point a game is some necessary threshold, but it's also not exactly an exclusive club reserved for the Art Ross contenders like it was a few years ago. Seguin will absolutely be a huge upgrade to the forward group when he comes back, but we probably need to start to lower our expectations about who he will be.

Reactions: Johno

serp

Jan 17, 2016
When looking at the four seasons prior to this one where he was healthy, he was 23rd in scoring. I'm not posting this to say you're wrong, but I am more trying to get to the idea that you and a lot of people might be surprised at the persistent downward trend of his production, a downward trend happening all while goal scoring league wide has been climbing up over the past few seasons. Here's how he's finished in total points as a Star.

13-14: 4th
14-15: 7th
15-16: 14th
16-17: 14th
17-18: 24th
18-19: 29th
19-20: 68th

Yeah, he's only 29 years old, but he hasn't been a point a game player since his age 24 season. Not that point a game is some necessary threshold, but it's also not exactly an exclusive club reserved for the Art Ross contenders like it was a few years ago. Seguin will absolutely be a huge upgrade to the forward group when he comes back, but we probably need to start to lower our expectations about who he will be.

18-19 was the second best season of his career points wise and that was in a pretty defensive system under Monty. He was not in decline prior to his injury.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
18-19 was the second best season of his career points wise and that was in a pretty defensive system under Monty. He was not in decline prior to his injury.
Yes, his point total was good, but finishing with 77 points in 71 games in 14-15 when the league was scoring 2.73 goals per game was actually more impressive than finishing with 80 points in 82 games in 19-20 when league scoring had increased to 3.02 goals per game.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Yes, his point total was good, but finishing with 77 points in 71 games in 14-15 when the league was scoring 2.73 goals per game was actually more impressive than finishing with 80 points in 82 games in 19-20 when league scoring had increased to 3.02 goals per game.

Yeah but that was under Ruffs offensive minded system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad