When will Seguin return?

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
I certainly hope the system is the cause and not the reduced skating speed my eyes worry about.
It is most likely a combination of both, but who knows which is the bigger factor. Hopefully the system is the bigger hinderance but we won't know for sure until the system changes which seems unlikely to happen anytime soon.

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
I know he signed and possibly has a NTC but do you think they would consider moving Seguin?

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I know he signed and possibly has a NTC but do you think they would consider moving Seguin?
He's got an NMC. And sure they'd consider moving him for the right offer, but teams that likely would value him the most(assuming he comes back from this injury at his normal level of play) he probably wouldn't waive to go to.
But our center depth is shit. We have no top6 center prospects in the system let alone able to step in in the near future. So if he returns at his normal level of play there's no reason for us to move him, other than fear of what the end of his contract might hold.
He isn't likely to regress as hard as Benn has.

Last season he was far and away the best forward on this team surrounded by complete mediocrity, and while his numbers took a hit, partially because of the system I'm sure, it's not like we had any quality wingers for him to play with.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Who knows. If the team decides drastic change is needed, that essentially means moving one of two guys.

Of the two, Seguin is still the far better player. This means he’d be easier to move and more likely to get something in return. On the other hand, this also means the team is keeping the inferior player. On the other other hand, Seguin’s deal runs two seasons beyond Benn’s, so if the team is thinking about changing things up, trading Seguin gets them to that change over two seasons sooner.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
First Seguin has to return and play some games. Right now he has no value around and a NMC . Too many questionmarks to even talk about moving Seguin right now

account deactivated

Feb 28, 2008
ATX
At this point just let him take as long as he needs, maybe catch the last couple games of the season (when the Stars have no hope of making it in) so he gets some kind of game action, and then be ready to train and continue pushing himself in the offseason.

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
hes a definite maybe
i hear he might be back sometime in april/may :D

trade him in your fantasy league

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't know if he's ready but like i said in the other Thread if he wants to be of any help for the playoff push Seguin needs to play tomorow. Use the Tampa game to get the timings ready and then be as close to 100% for the do or die game on saturday in Nashville.

Last edited:
Reactions: DieselPig

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Hopefully tonight. If not, he's getting to the point where he just needs to wait until next season. If medically cleared then get in the line up and shake the rust off and help with this playoff push. If he's not confident with the physical play then just wait until next season.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I don't think he will have a huge effect on the playoff chances this year anyway, and sort of lean towards him sitting it out. If he does elect to play, 10 minutes in the first game on the 4th line or second PP unit, seems like a reasonable plan. As fans, we just shouldn't expect him to contribute all that much, as it takes time to get up to speed, establish chemistry, etc. It would seem pairing him with Benn and replacing Dickenson would be a nice plan to try, too, if only part of the night, for the chemistry reason.

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
The way Bowness phrased it about making sure he is 'comfortable' before coming back I thought was strange. Maybe he just isn't in good physical shape yet, or has had some setbacks with recovery? I would think if he were 100% there wouldn't be so much hesitancy and vagueness around him coming back. I'd be worried there's a risk that he isn't quite fully recovered, and that there's a re-injury risk. Maybe he's weighing whether trying to help the playoff run is more valuable than his long-term health. Obviously complete speculation, but I think the messaging has been a bit strange.

On a separate note about moving Seguin, when was the last time a guy on his massive post UFA lifetime contract actually got traded? Like, even if Tavares were available, who the hell is gonna find 11M and the trade assets to pony up for something like that?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
So he's not really as close as we thought (unless he decides he wants to play)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->