Status
Not open for further replies.

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
giphy.gif

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Don Cherry had no right to go off on his rant about the Canes' post game celebrations. They are only trying to connect with their fans and get the most out of their game day experiences. Shut the hell up and go away you moron!!! I am not a Canes fan FWIW. That was pure BS.

He has EVERY right to rant, vent and share his opinion. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean people don't share his sentiments.

If you need this gongshow/circus to "connect" with your fans, the problems are much bigger in Carolina.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Don Cherry had no right to go off on his rant about the Canes' post game celebrations. They are only trying to connect with their fans and get the most out of their game day experiences. Shut the hell up and go away you moron!!! I am not a Canes fan FWIW. That was pure BS.
I didn't see it, he isn't wrong. Those are beyond cringeworthy. There have been other threads about this. Leave it in the AHL on 'school trip night'

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
I didn't see it, he isn't wrong. Those are beyond cringeworthy. There have been other threads about this. Leave it in the AHL on 'school trip night'
You don't have to see ANYTHING other than stupid freaking wardrobe every time he opens up his fat pie hole. He is an idiot and can't stand the fact that 2 non traditional hockey cities have more cups since 1994, than Canada. He spews BS.
\

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
He'll be on the air until he passes away or is no longer able to do his segment. CBC won't fire him.

I don't watch or listen to his show personally.

Reactions: Herbert Lewis

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
The only thing worse than Don Cherry are those stupid Carina post-game celebrations. I honestly have to look away whenever I see highlights of a Carolina home game.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Sadly there are enough stupid Canadians who either like his schtick or still think he has even the faintest clue of how the game is played in the modern era, to keep him on the air.

He has always been terrible.

Now he's terrible, and also senile. Not a good combo.

Reactions: E40 and Pomee

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
If you really believe that, North Korea would suit you better.

Opinions should not be censored nor silenced. I believe that in spite of the fact that people on this site loves to try to get rid of opinions they don't like (And no, this is not a troll comment, so don't you dare report me).

Last edited:

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
The only thing worse than Don Cherry are those stupid Carina post-game celebrations. I honestly have to look away whenever I see highlights of a Carolina home game.

I've never actually seen the whole celebration. Have to close the video because I feel embarrassed for them haha

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
You have no right to create this thread and criticize Don Cherry. He's just trying to get ratings. This thread is pure BS!

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
Sadly there are enough stupid Canadians who either like his schtick or still think he has even the foggiest clue of how the game is played in the modern era, to keep him on the air.

He is terrible, he has always been terrible.

Now he's terrible, and also senile. Not a good combo.

Are they using marshmallows and tooth picks instead of sticks and pucks or what does that comment have to do with his rant about an infantile gong show AFTER the game is over?

I'm neither Canadian, nor American but happen to agree with him more often than not but also disagree with him at times. But to call a former NHL coach, hockey personality and advisor "clueless" about hockey screams of arm chair quarterback.

I take this 85 year old guys opinion on hockey any day of the week over some random riled up fan on hfboards, EVEN when I think he's wrong just so it upsets you.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Are they using marshmallows and tooth picks instead of sticks and pucks or what does that comment have to do with his rant about an infantile gong show AFTER the game is over?

I'm neither Canadian, nor American but happen to agree with him more often than not but also disagree with him at times. But to call a former NHL coach, hockey personality and advisor "clueless" about hockey screams of arm chair quarterback.

I take this 85 year old guys opinion on hockey any day of the week, EVEN when I think he's wrong just so it upsets you.

No, his outdated opinions about how to win at the game of hockey in 2019 are in addition to his outdated opinions of hockey culture and how hockey should be presented.

His crappy opinion about the Carolina post-game celebrations are directly in keeping with his generally crappy opinions about basically everything to do with hockey, both on and off the ice.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Father time is going to get him soon enough. Let the old man rant while he still can.

IamNotADancer

Feb 16, 2017
No, his outdated opinions about how to win at the game of hockey in 2019 are in addition to his outdated opinions of hockey culture and how hockey should be presented.

Outdated by whose standards? Yours? He's too old to coach but still knows the game MUCH better than you, I'd put my life savings on it. As for his opinion on hockey culture. I could be his son, easily, I share his opinion about Carolina's silly dances. Therefore it's a pretty current opinion, i.e. your opinion on this (and likely other) topic has less value to me and MANY more.

Hockey shouldn't be presented as a third rate circus where bullshit like "Storm Surge" is a thing.
It's one step away from professional wrestling. You enjoy it, good for you, have at it. After all people also enjoy movies like Fast and the Furious and it doesn't take much thought to enjoy that garbage either.

You should try the Cirque de Soleil if that is your kinda thing. Holiday on Ice is pretty cool too I heard, the kids LOVE it and it really gets the wife into it too, can only recommend.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I don't agree with him about this topic, but I am getting a kick out of how triggered the op is.

Reactions: dubey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad