When will Don Cherry go away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbert Lewis

FL to AK Bolts fan
Mar 16, 2018
He'll be on the air until he passes away or is no longer able to do his segment. CBC won't fire him.

I don't watch or listen to his show personally.
In that case he will be on forever. Like Billy Joel sings "only the good die young. He is a nasty old man, so he will live a long time.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Don Cherry had no right to go off on his rant about the Canes' post game celebrations. They are only trying to connect with their fans and get the most out of their game day experiences. Shut the hell up and go away you moron!!! I am not a Canes fan FWIW. That was pure BS.
LOL

I don't mind the Canes celebrations but I love these threads. I hope he continues doing HNIC for a long, long, time.

Reactions: BallPointHammer

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Don Cherry had no right to go off on his rant about the Canes' post game celebrations. They are only trying to connect with their fans and get the most out of their game day experiences. Shut the hell up and go away you moron!!! I am not a Canes fan FWIW. That was pure BS.

Thread title isn't very nice considering the guy is 85?

People have to remember that he is entertainment it's a institution he is a memory bank of old time hockey.

I don't agree with half the things he says but he will be missed when it's over as he has done more for the game of hockey than many people give him credit for.

CanuckGame39

Oct 13, 2006
Vancouver, B.C.
Theres this thing you can do OP, not sure if you're aware, but there are 2 buttons on your remote control

One is a button at the top of your remote, it turns the power to your TV off.

The other is a 2 sided button, if you click the top half, the channel goes up. If you click the button half, the channel goes down.

People who ***** about Don just make me shake my head. If you dont like it dont watch it....

I fully agree with grapes. The canes after game **** show is an embarrassment to the NHL.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Theres this thing you can do OP, not sure if you're aware, but there are 2 buttons on your remote control

One is a button at the top of your remote, it turns the power to your TV off.

The other is a 2 sided button, if you click the top half, the channel goes up. If you click the button half, the channel goes down.

People who ***** about Don just make me shake my head. If you dont like it dont watch it....

I fully agree with grapes. The canes after game **** show is an embarrassment to the NHL.
Exactly!!!!

You give someone an inch, and they take a mile. Next thing we know the Canes will have a marching band out there, and after that a full 3 ring circus. Soon enough fans will be showing up for the circus and have to sit through a hockey game first.

Obviously it won't get that bad(I hope) but to what end?

Reactions: BallPointHammer

Goose

Apr 18, 2006
I think he’s showing some pretty obvious signs of mental slippage. On his own, without Ron to guide him, I’m not sure he could put together a coherent full segment.

Reactions: wetcoast and Pomee

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Don Cherry is your crazy uncle.

I mean, yes, he has absolutely revolting takes, but is this someone really worth taking seriously?

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
He'll go away as soon as you want him too, aka, stop paying attention to him.
There are plenty of talking heads i have no interest in, and they, for all intents and purposes no longer exist.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Wait, people actually disliked the Canes celebration tonight? An "embarrassment to the NHL"?

Maybe let's start at the officiating before we jump on a teams post game celebrations.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I agree, we really need to ban opinions I disagree with, STARTING WITH OP, HOW ABSOLUTELY DARE YOU THINK DIFFERENTLY THAN ME???????????????????

Reactions: ItWasJustified

Tasteslikekevinbacon

Oct 26, 2013
Ontario, canada
I dislike the Storm surge, and I dislike Don Cherry. Both seem to work for the people that enjoy them so that’s good. I just won’t watch them and I’ll just be glad that people are able to connect with the game in ways that work for them.

rmthomson21

Sep 22, 2015
DMV
He has EVERY right to rant, vent and share his opinion. Just because you disagree with it doesn't mean people don't share his sentiments.

If you need this gongshow/circus to "connect" with your fans, the problems are much bigger in Carolina.

To be frank, Don Cherry is more of a gongshow than the Carolina post-game celly.

Reactions: The Noot and Pomee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad