When should the Flyers buy out Lecavalier?

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I know they have said he has been a good teammate and all, but I think he is a cancer on this team. The players have heard of his complaints in the media and see his drifting on the ice. He must be viewed as an etitled *****.

But his commitment in the weight room and his professional attitude when he is benched is what earns him playing time from Hak....go figure. So much for me thinking Hakstol was going to make Berube look like Vinny's best friend...

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
Honestly, I'm not so sure I waive him at all. I mean, I have no objection to doing it as soon as this summer, but ultimately, I'm not pulling the trigger until I need the cap space.

Basically, we aren't particularly close to being a contender right now. We shouldn't waste future cap space on a buy out that provides us some unnecessary short term relief. Assuming we follow the plan and trade Streit, Schultz, and/or Schenn to make room for a young D-man during the season, we'll naturally be in a better position fiscally. The team and fans just need to embrace that we're going to suck for a few more years.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
But his commitment in the weight room and his professional attitude when he is benched is what earns him playing time from Hak....go figure. So much for me thinking Hakstol was going to make Berube look like Vinny's best friend...

To be fair to Hak, Lecavalier has only played 1 game when there was another healthy option that was scratched. I think it was the game against the Flames when he dressed over Gagner.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
It's impressive (in a bad way) that he played so little but was so noticeable. It felt like he was out there every other shift with how many bad things he was able to manage in such a short amount of time.

It was just the fact that he was out there for 2 straight powerplays and had 2 passes to the point turn into odd-man rushes the other way and 1 goal against.

Hard to forget **** like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad