When new CBA signed, will you go to more or less games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
John Flyers Fan said:
Those aren't the prices everywhere though.

Same seats in Philly cost 3X's that much.

Agreed and granted, not all places will see a significant decrease, some like Toronto and Philadelphia may see no decrease at all. My point was though that the NHL is trying in most if not all markets to win fans back . . . and that the new CBA, far from being a turn off for most fans will actually drive fans in many markets who had stayed away in the past TO the gates. I am a prime example. I went to 2 games last year. Similar in years past, and never went to more than 4 games in a season. That the NHL seems to be doing right for cities like mine deserves my money. 43 games this year. And a thousand dollars more than I have ever spent on games before, before I buy parking or a single nacho. Part of my motive was rewarding the NHL for the agreement (and being pissed at baseball for not doing similar - I will not buy a ticket to a baseball game until they treat all fans like they give a damn about them). Part was because I love the game, always have. Do you genuinely believe that I am alone in doing that? And do you think that suddenly seats will go empty in Toronto? I truly believe that the NHL will see a net INCREASE in fans coming to the games in so called lesser markets with little big market fan loss. Win Win for the NHL.

X-SHARKIE

I'm going to see more games...and i'll be glued to my center ice package more then ever.

I know I should be absolutely pissed at the NHL & NHLPA...and at times I am...but in the end the game wins out, and i'll go gaga for it when it returns.

Although this year i've seen more USHL, AHL, NCAA games live then I have ever seen before in my combined past 4 years or so...and I loved it.

So i'll probally go see more of those games as well.

I think if anything the lockout has strengthened my liking for the game...which means i'll want to see the best of it and my Sharks..in the NHL.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
Well I'll be buying the same number of tix, but wont be going to nearly the usual number of games. The lockout, no - a 2 year old and another one coming in December.

I'll probably be selling off at least half to two-thirds of my Sharks season tix - Upper Bowl, center ice (Sec 201 / Row 13). It's pretty sad when you have to think hard to remember your seat location. Any folks in the Bay Area interested in splitting?

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
X-SHARKIE said:
I'm going to see more games...and i'll be glued to my center ice package more then ever.

I know I should be absolutely pissed at the NHL & NHLPA...and at times I am...but in the end the game wins out, and i'll go gaga for it when it returns.

Although this year i've seen more USHL, AHL, NCAA games live then I have ever seen before in my combined past 4 years or so...and I loved it.

So i'll probally go see more of those games as well.

I think if anything the lockout has strengthened my liking for the game...which means i'll want to see the best of it and my Sharks..in the NHL.
So the saying says ..

Absense Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

chiavsfan

Actually, I will most likely go to the same amount of NHL games...since I am kinda far from Chicago, I go to the 2 Avs/Hawks games a year, and usually take in at least one Hawks/Thrashers game (if it happens at the UC).

But I will definately get my hockey fix through Center (or Centre) Ice and the AHL

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Interesting seeing the breakdown of who voted and where they come from. The majority of the 30 so far who are buying more tickets do not come from the bigger markets, the majority of those who say that they will buy less, from the bigger markets or at least from teams with more to lose from this CBA such as OTT. and VAN. There are exceptions of course, and this is also common sense. But in the end I doubt that these larger market teams will lose many fans, simply because there are so many who want tickets in these markets. But in these smaller and mid-sized markets I think that the NHL may be pleasantly surprised. Many of us have grown very very tired of sports that treat the majority of the league as the 'Step and Fetch Its' of the world, that we should be happy with a Jim Crow league where we have 'our place.' Fans of Hockey, and baseball especially, have grown a bit of anger about that. Look to the support the league got from fans this time to see proof of that anger and proof of what the majority are seething about. Now that the NHL seems to be listening to us, just watch these looked down upon markets step up and reward the NHL for doing so . . . at the expense of leagues that still treat us as a segregated minority . . . .are you listening baseball?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad