When new CBA signed, will you go to more or less games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
For the first time in my years of going to a game or two now and then I just bought a 20 game season ticket plan, two seats, to see the Pens. This is a direct result of putting my money where my mouth is, they seem to be heading toward a system that will equal the playing field, I am in what has been considered a small market poster child (though in fact we sold well over 90% of our seats within the last 5 years and through the 80's). So I have rewarded them with my money. Are you more or less likely to buy more tickets than in the past and does where you are from, big, small or mid-sized market, make a difference in the calculations? If you are like me, smaller market, will you be more likely to go more now that you have a better chance? Big market fans, are you going to stay away in droves now? Talk.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Definitely More, i already go to pretty much all Ranger home games..but now i'll probably be going to Rangers @ Devils, Rangers @ Isles, Leafs @ Isles and Leafs @ Devils.

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
More. I'm graduating college in December and I got a job lined up, so I'll have money to attend more games, especially if prices decrease.

HockeyCritter

Dec 10, 2004
Since I’m a season ticket holder (have been for the past few years) I guess I’ll be going to the same number of games. :)

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
As for the poll, I went with "significantly more." I'm not one of those fans that are offended by the lockout, "the NHL won't get any of my money" blah blah blah. That plus more money in my pocket (from my job), cheaper tickets, hopefully a better product, and the fact that I badly miss NHL hockey means I'll be going to at least 10-15 games.

blamebettman*

less of course, since I'm pissed at this lockout happening and my franchise might be gutted just to save some NHL hellholes who shouldn't exist. **** the NHL, over the past 10 years they've treated some of their best fans like dirt.

Last edited by a moderator:

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
I will be going to significantly more games because upon the start of a new season I will finally be living in a city with an NHL franchise.

Motown Beatdown

Need a slump buster
Mar 5, 2002
Indianapolis
Visit site
Well i would sayi would go to the same amount, but we and the wife are buying a hoouse and she's not working because of med school so money will be pretty tight. But what i miss in games seen live, i will make up for in Centre Ice.

Tiki

Mar 1, 2002
Goo Lagoon
Visit site
I will not be renewing my Season tix, so going to very few games comapired to the last season.

The NHL's loss is the OHL's gain. I'll be getting my live hockey fix here in Erie instead of driving to Buffalo for 41 home games a year.

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
Long-time season ticket holder, so the only change would be more games if the away schedule is kind. We usually go to the away games in Sunrise & to any of the away games in Atlanta that fall on weekends. Add in one "road trip" which hopefully will cover 2 games in other NHL cities.

I can't wait!

WVP

Mar 22, 2004
JWI19 said:
But what i miss in games seen live, i will make up for in Centre Ice.
Yeah, that's also going to be purchased for the first time.

Whirlwind

Feb 14, 2005
US
This would have to depend on how the league decides to win back its fans. I feel like they have treated me like dirt during the negotiations. With the new CBA, we as fans are suppose to get a better product on the ice and lower ticket prices. So let's see if they can deliver or was this just a game to see who could stick it to whom.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I just increased my package to a full season from the 20 game package that I bought 40 mkinutes ago. The cost of the tickets that I bought are fully half off what they cost in 2003-4 so I got a pair for the price of full season passes for the price of one. Now that is some discount.

First row, upper section, right over the goal that the Pens shoot at 2/3 of the time, $1,280 for two seats. Tell me that hockey will not attract fans at those prices?

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Living in Iowa my NHL attendance won't change one bit. That said the AHL is coming to town in the fall. I'll be sure to check out a couple games there.

Last edited:

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Jaded-Fan said:
First row, upper section, right over the goal that the Pens shoot at 2/3 of the time, $1,280 for two seats. Tell me that hockey will not attract fans at those prices?
Well you could take in 6-8 Leaf games for that price .. Must be nice to live in Pittsburgh and $1,280 for 2 for the year ..

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Ticket prices better be falling as a result of the CBA. I'm living on a College kid's salary as-is without having to pitch money back to the NHL.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Tiki said:
You've never been to Pittsburgh, have you? :D
Actually I have taken in a few games in the Igloo or Mellon Arena if you prefer & and Pitts Steelers game as well.

Its actually pretty cool where all those 3 rivers merge and all the sports Arena's around them

..but I get your point .. Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
blamebettman said:
less of course, since I'm pissed at this lockout happening and my franchise might be gutted just to save some NHL hellholes who shouldn't exist. f*ck the NHL, over the past 10 years they've treated some of their best fans like dirt.

Just out of curiosity, if this is how you feel, what the devil are you still doing in this forum?? Oughtn't you be able to find something better to do with your time if you're done with the NHL? :dunno:

DW3

May 13, 2004
Well we'll definitely go to more games this year then we did last year :biglaugh: , just not sure how many. Guess it'll all depend on when our teams play, and where they play.

Count on 1 to Nashville and 1 up to Pitt., maybe one or two more, depending on teams.

Tiki

Mar 1, 2002
Goo Lagoon
Visit site
The Messenger said:
Actually I have taken in a few games in the Igloo or Mellon Arena if you prefer & and Pitts Steelers game as well.

Its actually pretty cool where all those 3 rivers merge and all the sports Arena's around them

..but I get your point .. Nice place to visit but I wouldn't want to live there.

Yea, I like being able to visit for a few games a year, but would not want to live there full time.

Also, after being in some of the nicer arenas in the league, I would not want to have to go to the Igloo for every game. :thumbd:

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Jaded-Fan said:
I just increased my package to a full season from the 20 game package that I bought 40 mkinutes ago. The cost of the tickets that I bought are fully half off what they cost in 2003-4 so I got a pair for the price of full season passes for the price of one. Now that is some discount.

Those aren't the prices everywhere though.

Same seats in Philly cost 3X's that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad