When Krejci comes back..is he back with Lucic?

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Obviously, I might be jumping the gun a little bit and we should probably wait a couple more weeks to see how our new top line performs on this Western Trip, however does DK automatically get plugged back in with Lucic when he returns?

I mean, if Julien is willing to plug Pasta on the 2nd line; maybe Krejci gets a fresh start with Marchand as his new winger?

Not sure if you want this merged with another thread or not.

iGetCarried*

When Krejci comes back, he will be right back with Lucic. He's our best offensive player and Lucic needs him to be productive it seems.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
When Krejci comes back..is he back with Lucic?

I was curious about this myself and was suggesting that perhaps Lucic would remain with the Swedes. However, folks with far more experience at how the minds of the FO and bench work were fairly certain that Lucic would resume working with Krejci due to their history.

Cid

Jan 9, 2007
Canada
Obviously, I might be jumping the gun a little bit and we should probably wait a couple more weeks to see how our new top line performs on this Western Trip, however does DK automatically get plugged back in with Lucic when he returns?

I mean, if Julien is willing to plug Pasta on the 2nd line; maybe Krejci gets a fresh start with Marchand as his new winger?

Not sure if you want this merged with another thread or not.

Why would you take Marchand off the Bergeron line when the chemistry between Marchand and Pasta has been excellent. What do you suggest we plug Gagne or Fraser with Pasta and Bergeron? This makes no sense.

With Krejci back, you reunite him with Lucic. You reunite the 3rd line of Kelly, Soderberg and Loui which has had success in the past. And you don't touch the Bergeron line. Smith can play on the 4th line in place of Gagne and you make a trade for the one position we still lack in on the top line or let Griffith play until then.

That's my 2 cents.

Fire Sweeney

Jun 16, 2009
Bergen
He may or may not be, it doesn't really matter. The only real issue is that Kelly will still be in the top 9.

member 96824

Hard to say...the 17-34-21 line has had it's moments where it looks like the perfect line, but then stretches where it looks like what my dog does on his morning walk...but they've been producing some numbers.

Maybe we finally see 17-46-21.

iGetCarried*

This is a very sad statement.

For 6 million dollars, you'd wish Lucic could be effective with other players lol.

Joking aside (somewhat) he's been good with the Swedes, but Lucic at his best is with Krejci.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Hard to say...the 17-34-21 line has had it's moments where it looks like the perfect line, but then stretches where it looks like what my dog does on his morning walk...but they've been producing some numbers.

Maybe we finally see 17-46-21.

We won't. Eriksson doesn't hold his stick the right way. ;)

I think that line as it is now has been fairly good all-in-all. It sure seems like scoring chances are up for all three players since they've been put together. Soderberg has never looked "bad" but now he seems to be getting more pucks on net. Eriksson and Lucic are both playing more focused to their individual strengths. They have not always been "on", but I'd say apart they were almost never on (at least with Kelly not on Yeti's left and Krejci not centering Looch).

I still say RH skill player to Krejci's right and the "heavy" RW to Bergeron's right and these lines are locked and loaded for the long haul.

Colinsteadbruinsfan

Newfie Bruin
Nov 15, 2014
Regina, SK
I would like to see how much chemistry lucic soderberg and eriksson can create during the road trip! If they are playing well leave them. Leave the 2nd line of Bergeron Marchand and Pasternak! And Try Krejci with smith and Griffith

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
ideally:
17/46/21
63/37/88
18/34/53

if Smith gets rolling and there is any chemistry with Loui on the top line i think this gives the B's the best balance in the top 9.

the Stone Clode reality:
17/46/53
63/37/18
23/34/21

same as it ever was

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
I'd like to see Fraser get another look in the top9. I thought he looked okay with Bergeron and Smith. He scored and I think they called back another one he put in. He also looked good on Krejci's wing in the pre-season but hasn't got a chance there since...

Maybe try Fraser - Krejci - Pastrnak? Or Fraser - Krejci - Smith?

member 96824

lol I even checked google on how to spell his name and they got in wrong too!

haha someone in Mountain View, California is laughing their ass off right now.

No worries, it took me 4 years to figure out there's a second H in it.:laugh:

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
The amount I want to see a 63-46-88 line cannot be expressed in words

I understand it won't happen because offense but pls Clode one shift. Just one.

63-46-88
17-34-21
18-37-53
20-23-11/12

Clode gets his binky vet line. Waive Gagne/trade Campbell.

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
I would like to see how much chemistry lucic soderberg and eriksson can create during the road trip! If they are playing well leave them. Leave the 2nd line of Bergeron Marchand and Pasternak! And Try Krejci with smith and Griffith

I would very much like to see that exact 3 line combination. The reason we won't in a single word...Clode :(

BudMovin*

Hopefully....Lucic doesn't seem to produce with anyone else anchoring his line.

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
Assuming Lucic/Soda/Loui continue to play well up until Krejci is back, I would be okay with leaving it together. I wouldn't mind seeing:

Smith - Krejci - Griffith/Fraser
Marhand - Bergy - Pasta
Lucic - Soda - Loui
Kelly - Campbell - Paille

This is also contingent on Pastrnak continuing to look good with Bergy.

I would also prefer to see a trade to have someone on Krejci's RW, but that probably isn't happening until closer to the deadline.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
When Krejci comes back, id say it will be with Lucic and id love it to be pasta, but I think its more likely going to be Smith and Kelly back. on the Swede line. Im sure they will give Pasta a look with looch and Krejci though, has the big body in Looch to protect him, and he can Krejci oozing skill everywhere would be fap material.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Once again, I continue to be surprised that people are surprised Looch can't "make his own offense".

Individual skill and/or finesse has never really been a part of Looch's game and that needs to be at least a part of your game for you to create your own offense. I'm almost wondering what people have been watching the last six years or so, or perhaps if people were just being hopeful, that he could continue to produce at the same or a similar rate without Krejci.

For the record, I don't really find it to be a problem. Looch needs a good set-up man. For the time being, he seems to have found his spot with the Swedes, but he absolutely should go back to the top line when Krejci gets back. I see NO REASON why he shouldn't. If he doesn't, that "top line" term is going to continue to be severely stretched as it was when Krejci was out and Looch and Griff were up there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad