When is the last time we saw the Blues A game?

Borderbluesfan

Nov 14, 2011
Columbia, Missouri
Blues played well tonight, but I thought Toronto pretty much looked inept. We should have won this one and we did, which is what good teams do against lesser opponents.

Robb_K

Apr 26, 2007
NordHolandNethrlands
Remember that time when the Maple leafs were good?

Yes, I remember when they were very good in the late 1940s (when I was first following The NHL) and early 1950s, and then again during the early and mid 1960s. The last time they were consistently good was from 1998-99 through 2003-04, under coach Pat Quinn. Very surprising, considering they are the richest NHL team, with guaranteed 100% attendance, no matter how bad they are. They need a second NHL team in The Toronto Area, to force them to try to compete, and not just grab their fans' money and pocket it without doing their best to compete.

TheOrganist

Don't Call Him Alex
Feb 21, 2006
I agreed with the general notion of this thread when it was created on March 5th after the first Philly game on March 5th. The Blues have had their moments this year but I thought for the most part they underwhelmed relative to their talent level. Their middling advanced stats (unseen during the Hitchcock era) seemed to corroborate that opinion.

But the Blues really turned it on starting that next game in Toronto and over the last six games I think they've played their best hockey of the season. They are really overwhelming teams over this stretch which is what I was waiting to see. They went from outside the top 10 in Fenwick in early March to #4 during the current stretch.

I think there are a confluence of factors that led to multiple lulls in team play over the first 60 games but the bottom line is that the Blues look to be peaking at the right time. The distribution of ice time has been better managed this season and Hitch has recognized after last year that the importance of team health entering the playoffs is as significant as securing a top seed.

Just get out of these last 12 games in one piece, get Shatty back, avoid LA, and the Blues are set up as good as one can possible hope. They are due some luck after the injuries and playoff opponents they've had since 2013.

(I should probably delete this post quickly before the hockey Gods do something cruel)

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I agree. Another good win last night and I actually feel more optimistic about this team than I have all season. I like our added depth and think we are a really well-balanced team that can pretty much play any style and have a chance to win.

If the cards align right, I'm starting to think this team could do some damage.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I agree. Another good win last night and I actually feel more optimistic about this team than I have all season. I like our added depth and think we are a really well-balanced team that can pretty much play any style and have a chance to win.

If the cards align right, I'm starting to think this team could do some damage.

I'm right there with you. Just look at our playoff lines from last year and look at what we have now. It's quite telling, honestly.

High n Wide

Feb 24, 2015
St. Louis
I've been saying it before the season started: I am so excited to see what happens this year.

We have the depth to really do something this season in the playoffs - and our overall play the entire season has backed that up. And we have to.

If we don't then this team is completely different come season start next year. Clearly the team gets handed over to the young, up-and-coming core, and they run with it. Guys like Fabbri & Rattie will see a different role than what they potentially will see given the first scenario, and I think Armstrong has to make some big name trades.

I take the first option ten times out of ten, but something big is going to happen at the end of this season. Hopefully that something is a parade in downtown St. Louis
:blues :stanley: :blues

9ofHearts

Jan 11, 2014
I think Stastny is going to have a big playoffs this year. I remember watching him with COL last year and he was phenomenal.

Brian39

Apr 24, 2014
I think Stastny is going to have a big playoffs this year. I remember watching him with COL last year and he was phenomenal.

I wish he would shoot the puck more, but his overall game has been getting better and better for the last couple months. He really seems to be ramping up for a solid playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad