Prediction Contest: When is Keefe fired?

When does Keefe get fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
A replacement will be found first.

Then Keefe goes.

No replacement has been found.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Leafs PP since March 1, 2024

10% (30th)

That’s quite bad

TMLBlueandWhite

Feb 2, 2023
He should be fired already if they really wanted to contend for a cup.

Too bad this franchise is happy to just hit it and quit it. Disappointing for us fans. But that lack of urgency to compete is missing from everyone employed by this team.

They don't have a win at all costs mentality.

Consistent playoffs appearances should be the bare minimum for an organization with as much high priced talent as the Leafs. The standard for a team with a core this good should be higher than one and done every year. Unable to play a single game past the second round.

That's on the man who thinks respect in the handshake lineup is good enough.

Keefe had five years to take this team to the next level and could not. The average tenure of an NHL coach is 2.5 years. Keefe was given the longest leash of anyone else in the league and it went completely unjustified.

I don't care if the players like him or not I want a winning hockey team.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Monday morning

take Shanahan with him

out with the old, in with the new

ring in the new era boys, the old one is done
I agree. And Treliving will go too. You don't bring in a new president to run hockey operations and not let them choose their own GM.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
I agree. And Treliving will go too. You don't bring in a new president to run hockey operations and not let them choose their own GM.

The correct solution is to fire the president and then make BT President and GM. Simple. WTF did Shanny do? Make some big decisions from his NYC home?

Screw that guy.

This organization has hairdresser for the hairdresser on staff. Its bloated. President is an optional job. Its new

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Why would MLSE fire their GM after 1 season?

It's Tre's fault that this team was assembled like this?

I really don't know how things go with team Presidents in the NHL, but they don't always stay for over 10 years. Maybe they do.

Nonis stayed for 1 more season despite many issues with TOR. I Think Tre gets a lot more runway no matter what happens with Shanny.

Reactions: Racer88

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
I honestly don’t think the will fire him or anyone one else for the matter. I think they have deluded themselves into thinking they are “right there”.
Next year will be a lost year because of the horrific cap structure and the drag that Marner and Tavares place on this team. As far as trading Marner ther is almost no chance in hell he will agree to a trade

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I honestly don’t think the will fire him or anyone one else for the matter. I think they have deluded themselves into thinking they are “right there”.
Next year will be a lost year because of the horrific cap structure and the drag that Marner and Tavares place on this team. As far as trading Marner ther is almost no chance in hell he will agree to a trade
They are right there, but Keefe is holding them back.

If they had just an OK to bad power play they’d be in round 2 now. Possibly other years, as well.

DraftSchmaft

Jul 29, 2021
The biggest mystery is knowing what upsets Keefe more:

1.) We lost

2.) He was unable to get Jarnkrok a goal for his playoff records

The decision making makes me genuinely confused if I forget this is tongue in cheek.

Reactions: Kazparov

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
Why would MLSE fire their GM after 1 season?

It's Tre's fault that this team was assembled like this?

I really don't know how things go with team Presidents in the NHL, but they don't always stay for over 10 years. Maybe they do.

Nonis stayed for 1 more season despite many issues with TOR. I Think Tre gets a lot more runway no matter what happens with Shanny.
The GM likely has to trade Marner and maybe even Rielly and find two top pair D and a goalie. Do you think Tre can do that?

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Needs to be fired ASAP. The sooner the better, give us as much time to find the right replacement and allow Keefe to reunite with Dubas in Pittsburgh, you know that’s what’s going to happen lol

Reactions: Kazparov

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
If he isn’t fired (all the bench) I won’t be watching next year.

Their inability to take advantage of home ice and PP is more than enough to see the door. Bye, go coach in Europe, no one will give you a job again.

Edit; I lied, dumbass is a GM in the league.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
The GM likely has to trade Marner and maybe even Rielly and find two top pair D and a goalie. Do you think Tre can do that?
If he is a qualified GM then yes he can do the following: hire coaches, fire people, sign free agents, make trades, draft Jr. players, protect players through an expansion draft, sign College players, hire the best equipment managers, talk to Amateur and Pro scouts, sign players to the Marlies, etc.

"Has to"? Do you think all of TOR's issues need to get resolved in 1 offseason? Do you think all of TOR's issues will get resolved in 1 offseason? In my humble opinion it might take 5 or 6 years. What is the hurry? All these players are signed to long-term deals. JT and MM will likely be gone. Tre can use the money to build around winners (hopefully).

Keefe is a dead man walking. The new GM will not hang their job on Keefe’s shoulders.

So Keefe is gone when:

Q is available, hopefully July
The new GM?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad