Prediction Contest: When is Keefe fired?

When does Keefe get fired?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Are you saying we ride out Keefe for the season or let another guy in the staff take over temporarily until the offseason?

I think they probably wanted to ride it out with Keefe but it's going to get to a point where they can't. I think most likely Guy Boucher is given interim HC job and then that's it for this year.

Boucher and Mike Van Ryn sucked as assistants and I could see an entirely new coaching staff in place for next year.

BallardEra

Leafs&Caps Since 1982™
Dec 26, 2017
East York, Ontario
Not a ringing endorsement for Keefe:

William Nylander said the Leafs were missing “a little bit of competitiveness” from puck drop, and it was evident which side was getting coached by Tocchet.

“Probably one of the best coaches in the world right now,” Max Domi said. “You watch these guys play, they’re always ready to go.”

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002

William Nylander said the Leafs were missing “a little bit of competitiveness” from puck drop, and it was evident which side was getting coached by Tocchet.

“Probably one of the best coaches in the world right now,” Max Domi said. “You watch these guys play, they’re always ready to go.”
Nylander is the biggest culprit when it comes to lack of compete.
Tocchet wouldn’t have either of these guys on his team.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
I think they probably wanted to ride it out with Keefe but it's going to get to a point where they can't. I think most likely Guy Boucher is given interim HC job and then that's it for this year.

Boucher and Mike Van Ryn sucked as assistants and I could see an entirely new coaching staff in place for next year.
Extremely likely scenario

Arzak

Mar 27, 2019
I had to vote for the last option

He should have been fired a long time ago... Nothing he does behind the bench can get him fired at this point. He would have to shoot someone or say the N-word on TV.

He might be fired if we fail to get into playoffs.

TonsofPuppies

Pack your shit, Shanny!
Jun 28, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Frankly, if it were me, Keefe would have been fired after the Zamboni driver game, especially after cancelling practice the following day. That level of humiliation (and acceptance of said humiliation) is not something you can ever come back from and be taken seriously again, imo. If not then, losing the play-in round against Columbus and certainly, after blowing a 3-1 series lead to Montreal. Imagine getting your show run by Dominic Ducharme. Lmao.

Went with the last option as well, unfortunately. This organization clearly lacks accountability, not only on the ice, but off of it. The President, down to the GM, down to the coaches, down to the players. As an organization, we double and triple down on guys who have endlessly proven that they cannot get it done. Treliving needing a year to "evaluate" this gong show should have been a massive red flag from the start. Keefe's record at home in the playoffs speaks for itself. But this is Toronto and we love to spin our wheels and delay the inevitable and waste as many years of our competitive window as possible galaxy braining over the most obvious (but necessary) decisions.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
I think they are hiring the new coach today and will let him go when he gets in tomorrow. But he somehow sticks around, so who knows.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017

Lack of showing up in the game is just how Marner likes it.
Our players are classy, but you don't think Willy notices the how Marner approaches these games? Good thing is Willy hasn't taken the Marner approach. His playoff performances have been better than Marner late in series.

Last edited:

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Good chance it happens tomorrow if they lose tonight.
it should happen even if they win ...but, sadly, I dont think anything happens till after the all-star break

All depends on what Leafs brass has been discussing behind the scenes.

Could be Boucher as interim while they do their due diligence and look at potential candidates.
that was my thought... but, he's running/ruining the PP already, so, I would pass on him.

Reactions: BallardEra

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Leafs are getting dangerously close to falling out of a playoff position.

1705859177405.png

Leafs are clinging to a wild card spot at present with games in hand (which one would need to win) with a pack nipping at their heels turning this year into a potential non playoff season.

Each passing loss moving the Leafs closer to that possibility.

Lou Lam bringing in Patrick Roy to coach NYI should light a real fire under one of those teams chasing down the Leafs with a new voice behind the bench.

-DeMo-

Nov 12, 2006
Huntsville Ontario
Jones has an 857 save percentage in this losing skid what team will win consistant with that type of goaltending? especially against good teams?

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
If the Leafs lose 3-2 , there is likely an excuse to keep Keefe, the Leafs get pasted 8-1, there is no possible excuse to keep this guy.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
I could see Keefe lasting the rest of the season. I don't really care for him but I don't think anything other than maybe the 2 week new coach bounce would result from his dismissal.

GoonieFace

Jun 24, 2013
The Matrix

Do grown up professionals really need a pep talk from the coach to play hard? That’s such a bunch of BS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad