Post-Game Talk: When is 10.5 Million Worth More than 22 Million? Habs beat Leafs 3-1 in Game 7!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I gotta admit, after his goal, Gallagher looked like a different player, it was well welcomed

Petry played a LOT better too, hopefully has a great series vs the Jets

Habs have to play with the lead because we can't manufacture offense when the opposing team plays the trap. Gallagher and Petry capitolized on the open ice once they were up a goal.

Reactions: No More Subban

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I think people don't realize the full extent of Price's dominance. He makes very tough save look routine so we don't realize how incredible those are. Just the way he was able to track the puck and his crease movement, it was insane. I don't think I've ever seen a goalie be so remarkably technically sound. Roy, Brodeur and Hasek, are considered the 3 GOATs but they were very flashy, Price is on another level with his technical skills.
I think the Habs did a very good job defending but when you have a team with that offensive power like the Leafs, they'll get their chances. Price was there to shut those off.

I think sometimes we tend to include goalies on their own island as if they don't count as part of the team.

Price is that same goaltender we saw in the bubble right now, and showing that he still deserves that superstar label.

Basically the habs superstar outdueled the their 2 big stars in Marner and Matthews.

I'm a little puzzled at the flack that those guys are getting. Yes, price outplayed them, but it wasn't for a lack of chances. I'd be more concerned if I were a leafs fan moving forward if they weren't generating those chances.

RandomTask26

Jan 6, 2020
Keefe said it today I believe, and I’m paraphrasing, where Toronto were actually confused. Montreal took it to them in games 5 and 6, which the Leafs had said they weren’t ready for. Game 7, they prepped for the Habs onslaught but instead they got a more counter punching Habs team which they didn’t expect.

Price was solid, and made some key saves, especially the nice one off his shoulder, but he actually didn’t have to stand on his head like other times in this series. Our team showed up for 50 minutes (that 10 minute turtle game in the 3rd was concerning) which helped.
I really liked his post game interview, pretty insightful compared to other coaches. Seems like the Habs changed the gameplan for game 7 and it messed the leafs up.

The best part is how he said he noticed a change when Kotkaniemi and Caufield entered the lineup. The speed and skill gave the Habs more jump.

Dondini

Apr 28, 2010
I've been a fan of the Habs as soon as I watched the first Habs game on Saturday night--days after I moved from Ghana to Montreal. That was 1997, and I was just 10 years old.

For almost 20 years, even after I moved to Toronto, I rarely missed a game. That, shockingly, changed in 2016 after Bergevin finally killed my passion for the Habs. I never imagined that I would be apathetic about Habs games. I used to rarely miss games, now I rarely watch games. I've become just a casual fan of the Habs. I've been waiting for Bergevin to be fired before I could invest my time and heart into the Habs again.

I've accepted that isn't going to happen anytime soon, at this point.

However, with all that said--the Habs eliminating the Leafs is maybe exactly what I needed to reignite my commitment to my Habs.

For the first time in a long time, I'm looking forward to the next Habs game. And I've missed this website a lot.

*I'm still hoping Bergevin gets fired. I mean come on. :laugh:

Ghana! I’m from Saskatchewan and my dad worked at a mine there in the 90s which is almost unheard of where I’m from. He has a lot of good memories there.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think sometimes we tend to include goalies on their own island as if they don't count as part of the team.

Price is that same goaltender we saw in the bubble right now, and showing that he still deserves that superstar label.

Basically the habs superstar outdueled the their 2 big stars in Marner and Matthews.

I'm a little puzzled at the flack that those guys are getting. Yes, price outplayed them, but it wasn't for a lack of chances. I'd be more concerned if I were a leafs fan moving forward if they weren't generating those chances.

Gallagher and Danault deserve a lot of the credit for shutting down Matthews/Marner. Its clear to me that Danault/Gallagher are the best shut-down duo in the league. Tatar can easily be replaced.

Reactions: No More Subban

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah

Agreed. It's just tough to keep losing and not want big changes. Like in Washington, at some point fans were even discussing moving Ovechkin, heck, you had some crazies here suggesting they wouldn't want to touch Ovi and his contract. Thankfully for them, Caps management wasn't that crazy.
Same in Pittsburgh with having to move Malkin because they hadn't won in so long.

They need to stick with it. Yes, three guys take over 30M in cap space, but that's 50M left and there's no reason they can't build something good with that.

Reactions: JianYang
Apr 28, 2010
I gotta admit, after his goal, Gallagher looked like a different player, it was well welcomed

Petry played a LOT better too, hopefully has a great series vs the Jets

You had like 50 posts in the GDT just talking sht about Gally before his goal :laugh:

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
A guy like Marner hides out in the weeds during the regular season and puts up points unhindered.When the tough playoff hockey gets going,teams focus in on the skinny 15 year old looking mulleted kid and he folds like a blanket. Can't believe that contract he received.Fancy figure skater at the end of the. day.

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
Oh, here's another hot take from a genius of the despicable fan base from before the series started. I tell you, Laff fans will never forget this loss. I'm loving this :laugh::laugh:
idiot.png

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Not sure if it was posted before (probably was) but I'm just seeing it now
This team is oozing swagger, first KK's guarantee and then the team's social media person:

Also look at Caufield, looks like a kid that got his favourite gift for Christmas:

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Looks over the stat sheet from both teams and I would have never have predicted that Staal, Perry and Spezza would finish top 5 in points on their respective teams.

Apr 28, 2010
Oh, here's another hot take from a genius of the despicable fan base from before the series started. I tell you, Laff fans will never forget this loss. I'm loving this :laugh::laugh:
View attachment 442038

This is why I never feel bad for them or any fanbase. I don't care how miserable they are. They would be laughing at us too if we got bounced in 5 games. I can't stand arrogance.

Reactions: Habano

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012

Another example at how Leafs fans think the world revolve around them

I care about SN and TSN as much as they care about the Habs. I hope their ratings freefall and they attract less than 100,000 viewers for the first game.

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
Kinda weird how the Leafs tank so many years to get Matthews Marner and Nylander and still couldn’t make it pass first round.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Might have been posted already, but holy crap that is creepy as ****

The last time I saw something like this was after Pat Maroon scored in 2OT and the Blues would go on to win the Cup…

The Habs time is NOW. Foot on the gas and go go go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad