When (IF AT ALL) do Sabres clinch 30th?

Bps21*

Even with the Jonathan Toews miracle this is going down to the last weekend of the season. If/when we clinch I look forward to the people claiming it was silly to worry and we had it in the bag the entire time. Mostly because it ignores all logic and the fact that sitting here 4 days before the season ends...we do not, in fact, have it in the bag.

Moskau

Jun 30, 2004
WNY
ok good. Lose your next game then do everyone a favor and beat pittsburgh
Buffalo fans should want Pittsburgh to win regardless of clinching against Columbus or not. It could potentially make a difference in the Islanders draft pick. And quite frankly I don't want Edmonton's pick to be any better.

Karate Johnson*

There are no such things as jinxes.

There are such things as people making fun of you for celebrating something that hasn't happened yet when it doesn't happen.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I'm not disagreeing. There are certainly things we don't know. But talking on a forum about whether a team will win or lose clearly has no impact on the actual result.

Ah, but can you prove that?

Remember the old sci-fi show Odyssey 5 with Peter Weller? The earth blows up, and the last people left are on the space shuttle. So they get sent back in time 5 years to try to figure out what happened, maybe even prevent it.

So one of them is a degenerate gambler, and of course knows how every game is going to turn out. So he bets like a million dollars on the outcome of a football game where he knows the last-second field goal hits the upright and banks in. He's up in a penthouse hotel suite in Vegas with cocaine and hookers going "watch this, it hits the upright and goes through."

But by placing the big bet, it affected other events in a chain juuust enough to make the kicker tense up that liiiiitle fraction extra, and the kick hit the upright and bounced out instead.

Always thought that was one of the cooler plot twists. Not buying that HG Wells immutable fate crap. Except for Buffalo Sports Curse of course :naughty:

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad