When Food Goes Bad...

Revisionhky22

Apr 16, 2013
I would love the depth in our lineup if they both are removed once Krejci/Connolly are healthy..unlikely but hoping to see...

Lucic-Krejci-Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergy- Smith/Connolly
Soderberg- Spooner- Loui
Talbot-Kelly - Smith/Paille
Soup/Paille/Smith(if needing to send a message) eating popcorn

Ferlin's time is next year unfortunately...when Krejci/Connolly are healthy he'll likely be sent back to Providence to get playing time and help the pbruins playoff run.

That is a great depth lineup of speed and offense along with defensive responsible forwards...funny how things change if we somehow resign Carl to a cap friendly deal and transition him to the wing because how can you sit Spooner when he's producing so well and improved the pp then we now have too many wingers from not enough...Luc/March/yeti on the LW Pastrnak/Connolly/Loui/ Smith on the RW..if Yeti walks then we have our 6 top 9 wingers.

To me the more glaring need is on D..we need a new top 4 D or even top 2 if we can get one. When the season started we had tons of depth on D now we have none and all our depth is in the F ranks.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Paille and Soup are done. They are a liability on the ice and on the Cap.

The only good thing they do is to help the other team gain momentum and goals. Absolutely horrific season for them.

I miss the time when we had the best 4th line in the game and could roll 4 lines and gain an advantage in the matchups...

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Paille and Soup are done. They are a liability on the ice and on the Cap.

The only good thing they do is to help the other team gain momentum and goals. Absolutely horrific season for them.

I miss the time when we had the best 4th line in the game and could roll 4 lines and gain an advantage in the matchups...
Agreed. The fourth line was horrible last season no matter how you look at it. Thornton wasn't the only one having an off year on that line. Chiarelli should have got rid of Paille and Campbell at the start of this season and now this team is paying for it on the ice especially since Claude loves those two.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Jean_Jacket41;99403379[B said:
]Paille and Soup are done[/B]. They are a liability on the ice and on the Cap.

Absolutely.

The fact that this team is even competing for a playoff spot after getting so little positive results and so much negative results from the 4th line that gets 12-13 min a game, for an entire season no less, is a miracle.

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Absolutely.

The fact that this team is even competing for a playoff spot after getting so little positive results and so much negative results from the 4th line that gets 12-13 min a game, for an entire season no less, is a miracle.

It tells two things:

-Bruins are a very good team that can be in the top-8 even playing garbage hockey for most of the season
-The East suck big time

toasterjam

Sep 23, 2014
Mass
A lot of people noticed this right in October...the 4th line and general player management has been terrible this season
Very early in the season most of us saw the 4th line was done and at some point we needed to get fresh faces in there.

We start out season slow, Robins hurt, Cunningham got a few games then scratched, Spooner got a quick 5 games, hardly any ice time or with quality players.
Then Gagne-Campbell-Paille for 20+ games...they show no signs of life, regularly are put out at the end of periods and let in bad goals. Consistently hemmed in their own end and always put out after a big goal to kill any momentum.

This happened many nights...Gagne retires, Cunningham finally given another shot.
Fraser Experiment not working out...they call up Caron for one last go around.
We end up putting in effort this year in further developing Fraser and Cunningham...only to then lose them on waivers while guys like Spooner, Koko, Ferlin, Florek never get called upon even when we had injuries.

I just don't get it.
Caron (gone) Cunningham (gone) Fraser (gone) Paille (free agent) Campbell (free agent)
We have guys that could be important parts of our future and NEED some big NHL experience here: Spooner, Koko, Ferlin, I would have rather seen what Florek could bring over watching Paille play terrible the majority of the year.

I'd rather watch the young guys making mistakes and learn and develop than see Gagne/Campbell/Paille kill energy while making the same mistakes night in and night out while mostly getting a free ride (took how many games before Paille was finally sat down?).

We could have done a much better job of rotating these guys in and seeing what they could do back in December...who knows maybe Florek could be a big, cheap energy 4th line for us next year...we could have got him 20+ games in and see what he could do. Same goes for Ferlin and Koko.

It only took Krejci getting hurt for Spooner to even get another try...otherwise he'd still be in Providence. I would have liked to see Spooner get 50+ games this year and we could have used his creativity and offense a lot of nights. Instead we saw Cunningham, Caron, Paille, Gagne, Campbell, Fraser...anyone but Spooner.

It's been frustrating ALL year...it was so evident early on that we needed to start integrating our young guys into the NHL. In a cap world we need to have young cheap options that can play...and that starts with getting the kids more experience.

It also does not speak well to team philosophy and being responsible for your play. Ferlin plays good..does nothing to deserve to be scratched and yet he is the first to sit.

Paille/Campbell have not EARNED being in the line up a lot of games this year. They somehow have gotten a free pass (again Paille finally was scratched briefly) and can show up and go through the motions. Many nights they did hurt the team with untimely goals in final minutes of periods/killing momentum.

Now the bruins have many other problems, defense has been terrible, our big forwards who need to produce..just arent.
BUT the 4th line should have been one of the smaller problems to fix...we have some great young guys in Providence that never got a real shot. Just very bad player management, we lost guys who we gave a lot of games to try and develop (fraser/cunningham) for nothing.

Spooner sat far far too long before getting another crack at it (I know he was injured some of that time).
The 4th line has never been the big problem for the bruins this year, we have many, but fixing the 4th line is a lot easier than acquiring top line scoring wingers or top 4 d. So...we should have at least been able to deal with it.

Last edited:

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Paille looked really good with the swedes. Sucks he had to get brought back playing the with black hole known as Gregory Campbell.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Paille looked really good with the swedes. Sucks he had to get brought back playing the with black hole known as Gregory Campbell.

Paille has been much worse this season than Campbell.

While Campbell is still a plus (+3) player, Paille's -8 is the worst on the team.

The numbers also show that Campbell is the Bruins 2nd best faceoff man this season and 3rd in hits among forwards.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Heard today on the radio both Julien and Chiarelli could find themselves in Ottawa if fired. Only 2 things to think about and it's Melnyk is still poed at Chiarelli and how does Ottawa look if they let Cameron go?

That is per the radio.

LyndonByers

Nov 1, 2006
Heard today on the radio both Julien and Chiarelli could find themselves in Ottawa if fired. Only 2 things to think about and it's Melnyk is still poed at Chiarelli and how does Ottawa look if they let Cameron go?

That is per the radio.

Chia and Julien in Ottawa next year??

Erik Karlsson would be gone by Christmas.:sarcasm:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

That is per the radio.

Neil, Z.Smith and Phillips would be the happiest Sens in town.

LyndonByers

Nov 1, 2006
Neil, Z.Smith and Phillips would be the happiest Sens in town.

Don't forget Paille & Campbell being guaranteed new multi-year contracts as free agents going to Ottawa.

On the bright side it would give the B's brass an opportunity to trade Chris Kelly.

catsmasher

Mar 8, 2012
Its a disgrace that Campbell is still allowed to play.

I passionately hate him right now through the remainder of his time as a Bruin since I can't accept someone that bad is being allowed to play in the NHL and hurt my team and his feelings are more important than missing the playoffs. Jacobses would rather burn millions than hurt Gregs feelings by sending him to the press box or Providence. Once he is off the team I will wish him the best and try and remember him up through 2013 and not after.

I liked him up until this year too and its not really his fault the coach wont bench or punish him for awful play. Shame he has to be loathed by a fan base who once relly liked him I know plenty of others are beyond frustrated and feel the same way.

Absolutely no coincidence that a player who's NHL royalty and whose grandfather once ran the league gets this treatment though.

Agree. If the LA kings can send Mike Richards to the minors then the Bruins can certainly send Gregory Campbell to providence or to waivers

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Don't forget Paille & Campbell being guaranteed new multi-year contracts as free agents going to Ottawa.

On the bright side it would give the B's brass an opportunity to trade Chris Kelly.

Just as well send Chia and Clode Talbot too. Could you imagine, Julien would be in heaven.

1) Paille - Campbell - Neil
2) Kelly - Z. Smith - Talbot
3) Michalek - Legwand - MacArthur
4) Ryan - Turris - Zibanejad

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Agree. If the LA kings can send Mike Richards to the minors then the Bruins can certainly send Gregory Campbell to providence or to waivers

In Richards defense if he was making the 1.6 per that Campbell is getting he'd still be on LA's roster. It's his production vs. his cap hit on a team in cap hell that's the main reason he's in the AHL.

But his decline and Campbell's are similar in a sense that both are centers that whose skating has declined while the league has gotten faster making both far less effective players.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
Pie and Soup are 2 of 3 or 4 players I would have moved out to clear cap space back during the summer and then I would have kept JB55 at least until the trade deadline.
Would have gone with kids and lived through the growing pains - couldn't be any worse than what we have seen this year and more upside.

(Edit: I actually posted these very thoughts about a week or two before the JB55 trade went down )

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Pie and Soup are 2 of 3 or 4 players I would have moved out to clear cap space back during the summer and then I would have kept JB55 at least until the trade deadline.
Would have gone with kids and lived through the growing pains - couldn't be any worse than what we have seen this year and more upside.

It must be Monday morning.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada

That is per the radio.

This could work out for the Bruins, Chia always liked to go cherry picking (or what he thought cherry picking was ) in Ottawa. Maybe he can come cherry picking in Boston ,Kelly,Chara,Sieds could get pretty good returns form a GM like Chia.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
This could work out for the Bruins, Chia always liked to go cherry picking (or what he thought cherry picking was ) in Ottawa. Maybe he can come cherry picking in Boston ,Kelly,Chara,Sieds could get pretty good returns form a GM like Chia.

No way I see Cameron being let go, he's the owners guy and has been for years, couple that with the success he is having now and he is going nowhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00