When does Yahoo Fantasy Hockey registration begin?

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Agreed, the rankings are terrible so far. However, I've noticed them change pretty significantly every so often. Sometimes I check certain players and they randomly change, then if you refresh your team page they change back. As an example, I've noticed McDavid be at 297, then I refresh that team's page, and he drops to 5. Then if you refresh again he goes back to 297. My guess is they wanted to get the leagues up but will be revising rankings before the season starts.

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton
Our league scheduled a draft for monday to get it over and done with and we got a email saying it was cancelled because of maintenance already lol. Starting to heavily prefer fantrax over Yahoo at this point as a commish of two leagues.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I'm new to fantasy hockey have a question, I am using yahoo is there a limit on teams/leagues you can have/join?

secondly I can't find the rules to how points are attributed per position to confirm this question: Is Defense a little more important than the Forward position? In other words, do you get more points for a defenseman scoring than you would with a forward? And if I'm hearing it right- Goaltender stats will score the most points and that is the most important position in fantasy hockey?

CanesFans94

Mar 22, 2008
I'm new to fantasy hockey have a question, I am using yahoo is there a limit on teams/leagues you can have/join?

secondly I can't find the rules to how points are attributed per position to confirm this question: Is Defense a little more important than the Forward position? In other words, do you get more points for a defenseman scoring than you would with a forward? And if I'm hearing it right- Goaltender stats will score the most points and that is the most important position in fantasy hockey?

I believe there is no limit on number of teams, but you can't take 2 teams in same league (that would be cheating). And for second question, you don't get any extra points for defenseman scoring, but keep in mind that you need do fill D-man spots so it's always good to have good scoring D and not get stuck with shutdown D-man because it's easier to find good FW late than good D late. And goalies are REALLY important, but it depends what are scoring categories in your league. If you play public league (10 categories of which 4 are G only) then yes, they are most important. But goalies are hard to predict so be careful with that. I hope I helped.

bloudy

Feb 12, 2015
East Vancouver
Our league scheduled a draft for monday to get it over and done with and we got a email saying it was cancelled because of maintenance already lol. Starting to heavily prefer fantrax over Yahoo at this point as a commish of two leagues.

Hey this fantrax site looks awesome. Have you used it previously?

flyersfan018

Mar 2, 2011
NJ

I'm not who you were responding to but I've used it on multiple occasions and I definitely would recommend it to others. I only use yahoo to play in a casual league with my friends.

Night Shift

Nov 3, 2014
Florida
I believe there is no limit on number of teams, but you can't take 2 teams in same league (that would be cheating). And for second question, you don't get any extra points for defenseman scoring, but keep in mind that you need do fill D-man spots so it's always good to have good scoring D and not get stuck with shutdown D-man because it's easier to find good FW late than good D late. And goalies are REALLY important, but it depends what are scoring categories in your league. If you play public league (10 categories of which 4 are G only) then yes, they are most important. But goalies are hard to predict so be careful with that. I hope I helped.

it did help, thank you. :)

TheForsbergShow

Apr 4, 2016
Edmonton

No I only just heard about it after using Yahoo for years . My group wanted to add Minor system and heard that fantrax was best for that . So far after using it as a commish I highly recommend it for its options and flexibility to do just about anything. Also its very user friendly on your phone.

being open year round while Yahoo is offline for 4 months is a big plus as well .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad