Post-Game Talk (GBU): When does this end???

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
U: Sabres broadcast has the inane ability to blend their replays into face-offs and then what follows, sometimes up to many seconds into the play. I want to see the face-off and the seconds before, it's such a pain in the ass. Sometimes i wonder if some old mental farts are in charge of direction.

BTW, i don't like their choice of music while showing stats and replays. It sucks, and imo it goes back to some old mental farts being responsible for those choices.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have a real bad feeling a lot of the bobbleheads they are giving out are going to end up on the ice.

As long as someone throws the biggest bobble head onto the ice, preferably after allowing the paying public a chance to give him a piece of their collective minds, great.

Reactions: sabremike

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I have a real bad feeling a lot of the bobbleheads they are giving out are going to end up on the ice.

I'm not necessarily for that, but I'll put it like this:

During the win streak, I snap-decision bought tickets to the Flyers game, and told everyone I knew going to be loud as hell, because their road performance deserved the fans' love.

This game, I'm basically hoping for the opposite. I want them to leave the game, win or lose, knowing that the fans of Buffalo won't stand for the sloppy, unstructured, lazy, non-effort play we've seen the last 20 games.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
U: Sabres broadcast has the inane ability to blend their replays into face-offs and then what follows, sometimes up to many seconds into the play. I want to see the face-off and the seconds before, it's such a pain in the ass. Sometimes i wonder if some old mental farts are in charge of direction.

BTW, i don't like their choice of music while showing stats and replays. It sucks, and imo it goes back to some old mental farts being responsible for those choices.
One of my buddies has been complaining about this for about a decade.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
Olofsson leads the Sabres in CF% at 58.7%. In close 2nd is Alex Nylander at 58.2%. Nylander also leads the Sabres in GF% at 57%.

Small sample sizes yada yada, but at least that is encouraging.

Reactions: Rasmi

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
This game tonight felt like the sort of thing that should get someone fired. Reminded me of a few rock bottom games just before Lindy was finally terminated.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Just describing this one aspect, but how many goals does Olofsson have this year if he got to play the last 50 games?

15? 20?

Dreakon13

Jun 28, 2010
Mighty Taco, NY
This season has gone about as bad as it possibly could have... from the high of the 10 game win streak to being not just the worst team in the league, but historically bad among other teams with similar streaks. Probably historically bad in general. Again. I mean they couldn't just be mediocre after the streak, lose a step, we knew it wouldn't last forever, etc... they had to regress to being the absolute worst. FFS.

Tank seasons and cheering the team to lose for Eichel and "karma" aside, this fanbase deserves so much better. And somehow it just keeps getting worse.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
Tank seasons and cheering the team to lose for Eichel and "karma" aside, this fanbase deserves so much better. And somehow it just keeps getting worse.
It all started with team Pegula/Murray and their obvious intention of being as bad as possible. Blaming has to start from the top.

Washed Up 29YearOld

Bro Do You Even Hockey?
Apr 29, 2018
Buffalo NY
Just came to self-aggrandize when I said Olofsson could be PPG and score 30 with Eichel. I said he should start the season with Eichel numerous times. JB just doesn't listen to me. Probably because I lose all credibility for f*ing up the PPG pace math for Dahlin earlier in the season & my 'understanding' of the ROR trade.

Olofsson will be a star. With Eichel he's PPG. He makes plays too. High IQ player. JB arrogantly didn't want him nor Nylander to start because they were Murray's guys, JB spitefully kept them in Rochester when he knew damn well they'd help. Instead he drags around peripheral bust Thompson anchoring every line he's on when it was clear he needed to be in Rochester TEN F*ING GAMES IN.

JB is just another tank commander in disguise, the difference, is he's not trying to tank

Olofsson- Eichel- Nylander or Nylander- Eichel- Olofsson or Skinner-Eichel-Olofsson NEEDS to be the top line next season but I have serious doubts because Phailin' Phil.

In summation,
Ugly:
-Phailin' Phil
-Morale: The Sabres aren't even trying- that's like- a huge f*ing problem that can only be fixed by firing Phailin' Phil and getting some REAL LEADERSHIP. Shipping out perceived 'toxic' players is not the answer. That's how JB got Chiarelli'd out of Ryan F*ING O'Rielly... WHAT THE F**?? Terry Pegula just didn't want to pay the bonus so he trades a top 10 center for a f*ing borderline bust 2 f*ing cap dumps and woopdeedoo a late first and a 2nd that'll in all likelihood turn into a career AHLer or at best a third line player.

I DON'T TRUST JB SELLING ANY PLAYER OR PROSPECT, HE GETS ROBBED IT'S UTTERLY F*ING EMBARRASSING.

Ugliest:
The culture

The SABRES WILL NEVER BE COMPETITIVE UNTIL THEY FOSTER A WINNING CULTURE.

Yes, this starts with Captain Eichel. He needs to get his sh** together and elevate his team & get a mature, adult attitude, & an unrelenting drive to be the best & win.

He gave up on his team. TRULY ELITE PLAYERS NEVER DO THIS. Eichel doesn't challenge himself to be the best because Phailin' Phil doesn't challenge him either so he succumbs to mailing it in no different than any other profession when the boss is intolerable and incompetent & let's you get away with looking at HF boards all day without repercussions. The good news, is that Eichel's young and you can CHOOSE ATTITUDE. Shipping out pivotal guys like Larsson and Girgensons because they were around the 'tank' years is utterly f*ing inexcusable and pathetic logic. They were the only bright spots all season other than Nylander & Olofsson.

WHY DO THE SABRES TOTALLY F*ING SUCK...? You may ask...

No morale. No leadership. No pride. This team needs a leader. This team needs to be proud to play for Buffalo, New York. This team needs to be optimistic and not think negatively, until then, BUFFALO WILL NEVER WIN THE CUP. Robin Lehner, as much as it stings to hear, was completely right.

The fans owe the young Sabres their support, it's not their fault Tim Murray scorched earthed the roster to tank for Eichel. The team was never the same. Ted Nolan was right. This team is cursed for tanking. Unfortunately I don't think that the whiny Eichel era ever wins the cup, but Dahlin does.

What happened to the picture of the Stanley Cup hanging up in the lockerroom? Losing culture, it's disgusting. (by the way change that cringey f*ing goal song and bring back the original f*ing goal horn it was the best in the league now it's robotic and trite)

There is no f*ing good, NONE. Other than Olofsson's snipe that I was screaming at the sky for him to play with Eichel, yet JB's hubris and lack of leadership once again sunk this once great franchise into the pits of hell.

Hades isn't letting Buffalo win the cup until we get rid of this culture of negativity. Lehner was right. Quit the petty whining and moaning. Make the Sabres Great Again. It starts with believing in our team. It starts with leadership. It starts with the Sabres giving a f*

IT STARTS WITH THE SABRES PLAYERS BEING PROUD TO PLAY FOR THE BUFFALO SABRES, THE CITY OF BUFFALO, AND THE CREST IN FRONT.

None of them play as a team, it's disgusting.

end rant. JB, grow up.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This season has gone about as bad as it possibly could have... from the high of the 10 game win streak to being not just the worst team in the league, but historically bad among other teams with similar streaks. Probably historically bad in general. Again. I mean they couldn't just be mediocre after the streak, lose a step, we knew it wouldn't last forever, etc... they had to regress to being the absolute worst. FFS.

I have a question to ask every stupid clueless moron (particularly on the main board) who uses the whole "u tankurz gott karrmuh lolz" narrative: explain the f***ing Penguins?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad