Post-Game Talk (GBU): When does this end???

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
I have a question to ask every stupid clueless moron (particularly on the main board) who uses the whole "u tankurz gott karrmuh lolz" narrative: explain the ****ing Penguins?
Are you really worried about someone who believes there is hockey karma? If you want to believe in karma, there are better things than the tank like the Pegula fracking money.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Just describing this one aspect, but how many goals does Olofsson have this year if he got to play the last 50 games?

15? 20?
I am sure this group with sensible call ups, an actual coach and a GM who sends players who struggle and play below replacement level to the AHL to call up different players..hell even starting Nylander over Thompson who plays a much smarter game even if he is not scoring.. the dumb line up descicions..running struggling vets into the ground.. they could have made it this year...
Putting Nylander on the 4th line instead of KO how dumb is this coach.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
Olofsson leads the Sabres in CF% at 58.7%. In close 2nd is Alex Nylander at 58.2%. Nylander also leads the Sabres in GF% at 57%.

Small sample sizes yada yada, but at least that is encouraging.
They have actually been coached in the AHL how to play the game..
Maybe the GM lives in a bizzaro world were he thinks the AHL is the higher league..
Every call up has looked better than most of the drift wood golfers up here.

Reactions: Chainshot

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
It all started with team Pegula/Murray and their obvious intention of being as bad as possible. Blaming has to start from the top.
No defense for any of the last GMs ..they both have been bad...
But at least Murray tanked intentionally ..JB just sucks at inter season management..
He doesn't try to lose he is just plain incompetent.

Baccus

Garage League filled with Mickey Mouse teams
Feb 18, 2014
Cyr back from the grave would be extraordinary.

Man, I hadn't known he passed away.

I still remember being in High School and hearing that he got shot in Mexico and being like WTF!

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Man, I hadn't known he passed away.

I still remember being in High School and hearing that he got shot in Mexico and being like WTF!

I met him once face to face when I was in Children’s when I was around 13. Him and another Sabres came in. Me and another patient pkayed foodrball against them.

MrMaster

Apr 20, 2016
No defense for any of the last GMs ..they both have been bad...
But at least Murray tanked intentionally ..JB just sucks at inter season management..
He doesn't try to lose he is just plain incompetent.
I meant that you can't blame the fans as much as you should blame Murray/Pegula for the tank attitude. The latter ones started it, and the fans jumped onto it. I'm saying that because us, the fans, got the best of other fanbases bashing, i.e. on this main board.
Anyway, both sides pay the price now.

MagnumForce2

Dec 16, 2011
This might be the worst season ever for me as a Sabre Fan. I guess the hot start after enduring so many bad years. had my expectations high and believing that it was worth it. Now I am not sure how much further ahead we are than when it started other than a few players.

Reactions: pf8363

hypaspazz

Jan 27, 2017
Houston, TX
More salt to the wound..... If Carolina gets into the playoffs the Sabres will take top spot for worst playoff drought of any team in the league. More to be proud of.... Maybe Skinner is like an anti-lucky charm?

Last edited:

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I meant that you can't blame the fans as much as you should blame Murray/Pegula for the tank attitude. The latter ones started it, and the fans jumped onto it. I'm saying that because us, the fans, got the best of other fanbases bashing, i.e. on this main board.
Anyway, both sides pay the price now.
I don't know about other fanbases I just post here and read here...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad