Management When does SWEENEY decide and let us know

77bestever*

Does he think we can win the cup ? Is that the goal for him ? Is this team surprising him ? Did he think in his own mind this was a bridge year ? Does he still think that ? These are questions I would like to know. Where do we stand ?

As of right now, I think we are way better then most people thought. And I think even if we stay pat, We are getting better and better and will continue to improve as the D gains familiarity and experience. In my opinion we are a Winger for Krejci and a number 1-2 DMAN away from being a legit cup contender. Beleskey is a fine player. But not a first liner. With CHARA, BERGIE and KREJCI getting up there, we cannot waste a year in my opinion if we are as close as we seem to be getting. Does he trade Loui ?. How can he if we are competing as a top 5 team in the conference ? I know we have Cap space 4 M ??? Plus we have Kelly money. Not sure what the total is. In my opinion Sweeney needs to go for the cup this year. We have many chips to play with, we have draft picks and we have cap space. I see no reason why we are not a win now team. It is not like their are dominant teams out there. It is wide open and Sweeney needs to go for it all. Just my opinion in my first post.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Does he think we can win the cup ? Is that the goal for him ? Is this team surprising him ? Did he think in his own mind this was a bridge year ? Does he still think that ? These are questions I would like to know. Where do we stand ?

As of right now, I think we are way better then most people thought. And I think even if we stay pat, We are getting better and better and will continue to improve as the D gains familiarity and experience. In my opinion we are a Winger for Krejci and a number 1-2 DMAN away from being a legit cup contender. Beleskey is a fine player. But not a first liner. With CHARA, BERGIE and KREJCI getting up there, we cannot waste a year in my opinion if we are as close as we seem to be getting. Does he trade Loui ?. How can he if we are competing as a top 5 team in the conference ? I know we have Cap space 4 M ??? Plus we have Kelly money. Not sure what the total is. In my opinion Sweeney needs to go for the cup this year. We have many chips to play with, we have draft picks and we have cap space. I see no reason why we are not a win now team. It is not like their are dominant teams out there. It is wide open and Sweeney needs to go for it all. Just my opinion in my first post.

Sweeney is not going to let "us" know anything I would imagine.

I don't think the B's have enough Cap space to add a Top 6 wing AND a 1-2 D-man to this roster? You are welcome to your opinion, but I don't think the B's are a legit Cup contender without adding a top pair D, and even with one, not sure I would consider them a favorite.

Maybe that's just me?

Son of bodacious

Apr 17, 2006

I don't think the B's have enough Cap space to add a Top 6 wing AND a 1-2 D-man to this roster? You are welcome to your opinion, but I don't think the B's are a legit Cup contender without adding a top pair D, and even with one, not sure I would consider them a favorite.

Maybe that's just me?

It makes me laugh to hear people demand this kind of information. Why on earth would any GM give out anything more than generalities on organizational plans? Sure there are some GMs that love to hear their voice played back by the media. But none of those have any long term success either.

"You will get nothing and like it!"

77bestever*

Maybe that's just me?

So who is your favorite in the east ? I have not seen anyone that I think is so much better then the Bruins. I would like to see us beat the Habs with Price, But other then that nobody scares me.

Again, I don't know our cap space but seems to me we could fit two quality players pro rated for the final 1/3rd of the season. I guess my hope is that Sweeney realizes we can win this because we can if he goes for it.

I think we can afford to trade our number one. KOKO, SUBBAN.....That would be an attractive package or for someone I believe. And it would not hurt Boston at all.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
So who is your favorite in the east ? I have not seen anyone that I think is so much better then the Bruins. I would like to see us beat the Habs with Price, But other then that nobody scares me.

Again, I don't know our cap space but seems to me we could fit two quality players pro rated for the final 1/3rd of the season. I guess my hope is that Sweeney realizes we can win this because we can if he goes for it.

I think we can afford to trade our number one. KOKO, SUBBAN.....That would be an attractive package or for someone I believe. And it would not hurt Boston at all.

Washington, Rangers, Montreal.

How many teams with 1 top3D have done anything in the playoffs?
And to me theres' no reason to go all in this year, the team is not there yet thanks to Chia Sweeney needs tro fix his mess.

77bestever*

It makes me laugh to hear people demand this kind of information. Why on earth would any GM give out anything more than generalities on organizational plans? Sure there are some GMs that love to hear their voice played back by the media. But none of those have any long term success either.

"You will get nothing and like it!"

lOL, I am not expecting him to hold a press conference. I meant reading between the lines by making a subtle move or a big move here or there. For instance if he signs Loui it would tell us maybe he is going for it. If he trades him for picks it would be a sign he is using this as a bridge year. That's kinda what I meant, sorry if it was not clear. I thought it was apparent what I meant.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
I don't know that he needs to decide anything.

In fact, if I were him, I'd probably just role with the status quo and see what happens with this team.
If that means letting Eriksson walk at the end of the season as opposed to getting compensation then so be it.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I don't know that he needs to decide anything.

In fact, if I were him, I'd probably just role with the status quo and see what happens with this team.
If that means letting Eriksson walk at the end of the season as opposed to getting compensation then so be it.

What would be the purpose of this ? That would be foolish gming , Eriksson needs to go on or before the deadline.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Washington and New York are the clear favorites BUT one of them has to be knocked out in the second round. The Atlantic is a free for all right now. A healthy Montreal is dangerous, Tampa Bay may finally wake up. Detroit is playing far better than expected.

Ottawa may have been exposed as frauds last night. The Bruins :dunno:

There are only 2 teams that scare me in a 7 game series - Montreal for all the usual drama and Washington - any other team I like the Bruins chances to advance.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Washington and New York are the clear favorites BUT one of them has to be knocked out in the second round. The Atlantic is a free for all right now. A healthy Montreal is dangerous, Tampa Bay may finally wake up. Detroit is playing far better than expected.

Ottawa may have been exposed as frauds last night. The Bruins :dunno:

There are only 2 teams that scare me in a 7 game series - Montreal for all the usual drama and Washington - any other team I like the Bruins chances to advance.

If Montreal truly goes All in like the rumours suggest can't see a team in the Atlantic that could beat them.
Their window is the next 2 years and they want a Cup.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
this bruins team will be like the 2008 playoff team.

they have the fight and goaltending to make it out of the east if they get the right matchups.
they are in every game and they dont lay down when trailing.

they slso have a pp threat for the first time since 09.
the team to avoid st all costs is wsh

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
they slso have a pp threat for the first time since 09.
the team to avoid st all costs is wsh

As long as the Bruins finish in the Top 3 in the Atlantic they don't have to worry about Washington until the third round and the Caps have to figure out a way to beat NYR in the playoffs.

If the Bruins are the wild card and meet Washington in round 1 - Fugetaboutit

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
What would be the purpose of this ? That would be foolish gming , Eriksson needs to go on or before the deadline.

Agreed but I guess the other option is to sign Eriksson to a team friendly deal (if he agrees) with NO NMC/NTC attached, let him stay for the playoffs and then shop him at the draft or next year at the 2016 trade deadline.
Basically trying to have their cake and eat it (with frosting) too!:naughty:
BUT: If he won't sign a "team friendly" deal move him at or before the trade deadline.

Having the player for the playoffs.

See above.;)

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
Team is still developing and I'm not sure any of us know what's gonna happen. Trade deadline you will know what the plan is.
Hope it's go for it all.....

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada

I wouldnt be terribly upset if they made a small move that didn't empty out the cupboard. However at this point I still see us as sellers or at the very most staying as is and letting the kids play. This is a rebuild, its going better than expected thus far, but still a rebuild.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
If Montreal truly goes All in like the rumours suggest can't see a team in the Atlantic that could beat them.

Habs aren't winning a cup without adding at least 2 maybe 3 significant players, team lacks scoring and size, built more for regular season play. Their coach squeezes the most out of a pretty average roster outside of Price, Subban and Pacioretty. The team that should win the East is Washington, they have everything needed to win except playoff success, maybe adding Justin Williams will help alleviate that.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Team is still developing and I'm not sure any of us know what's gonna happen. Trade deadline you will know what the plan is.
Hope it's go for it all.....

If you take a look at the Eastern Conference standings ,there are 8 or 9 teams all fairly close points wise . The Bruins could finish in the top 4 in the Conference . If they continue to play well and move up ,expectations to make some noise in the playoffs will increase .

Fenway

Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

It all depends on Price and right now they don't know for sure if he can avoid surgery.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It all depends on Price and right now they don't know for sure if he can avoid surgery.

If he has to then its a different game and would be brutal for them, like I said the rumours say their Gm knows their window is 2 years before the next huge contracts and missing their 1st year due to Price injury would be awful for them but not for us.

Right now they are missing their Marchand, then if All in they want to add another top6 winger to that and suddenly their wing group isn't a weakness anymore, + another D-player.
Then it would be really difficult to see team beating them in the Atlantic.

How much will also San Joses pick play into this, if it's looking like a top5-10 pick will it be easier for Sweeney to keep Lou/trade our own 1st for deadline help?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad