When Did You Start To Notice A Slip In Gretzky's Game

oilexport

Aug 29, 2010
Suter hit took away some of his quickness I thought. The 1991 Canada Cup was the last time that I could see Gretzky being described as "quick" to an extent. Watch his highlights in the 1991 season, he has times where he is like a waterbug out there. Not blinding speed of course, because he never had that, but quick and shifty and unpredictable and mysterious. He always had the last two and that's why he was still good after the Suter hit, but he lost some of his quickness.

I don't know if we can blame Janet for much though. She was a popular target at one point but I think the whole "Yoko Ono" thing wore off eventually with people. She was not a big movie star, and after her and Wayne got married she was basically barefoot and pregnant. So I don't think this idea that his wife lured him to Hollywood ever had any bearing.
Good thoughts sir. But the Janet thing I was referring to, was not really Yoko ono stuff. I just think Wayne fell hard for her, and it took away from his game. You would have had to spend a lot of energy on that hot chick !

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Good thoughts sir. But the Janet thing I was referring to, was not really Yoko ono stuff. I just think Wayne fell hard for her, and it took away from his game. You would have had to spend a lot of energy on that hot chick !

I mean, lots of hockey players have hot wives. I think for whatever reason hockey wives are almost always bombshells. So Wayne isn't the first guy to get married in his prime. Phaneuf was a pylon before he married Elisha Cuthbert and that woman could take your mind off of anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad