When did we get so big?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Just looking at the roster, excluding tokarski only 4 players under 6'0 tall? when the hell did that happen
Smurf days are long gone. I thought it was funny the other day reading how we were the softest team going into the playoffs...

We're not a bunch of bruisers by any stretch but this team can't be pushed around the way it used to. We can play pretty physically actually.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Might I say, this team looks really big.

It's a real... pleasure to watch them.

We'll see how long it lasts. The team seems a lot more entertaining than the regular season version, but it could just be the crowd is actually involved in games now and we're facing a team we dislike. Will a series vs Detroit really be that interesting?

Analyzer*

Our "biggest" player is Carey Price at 6'3.

That should tell you something.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
We'll see how long it lasts. The team seems a lot more entertaining than the regular season version, but it could just be the crowd is actually involved in games now and we're facing a team we dislike. Will a series vs Detroit really be that interesting?

Yes because it doesn't matter we would be 4 wins away from the ECF again. I'd be just as pumped.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013

Too be fair we have a lot of thick guys. Subban and DSP in particular are probably the heaviest players in the league at their height. If we replaced DD/PAP with a couple bigger guys with skill we'd have a pretty great league wide lineup. Perhaps Scherbak and McCarron. Then it wouldn't be as big a deal to insert a guy like Ghetto or Hudon into the lineup.

Cameron Diaz

Nov 19, 2013

His emphasis on Big and Pleasure makes me wonder.....:sarcasm:

Analyzer*

Or Petry, also 6'3". Neither distribute that many hits, though. ;)

My bad. I thought the habs website had him at 6'2. Pateryn has been listed at 6'3.

And that is what, aside from meaning Price is tall?

Our team goes from 5'7 - 6'2, while most teams don't have has many midgets as us and usually their midgets throw body checks.

Weaver is out. Mitchell is likely gone. Desharnais is hopefully gone.

Plekanec and Gallagher as the only smaller players isn't bad.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
With Weaver, Cube and Diaz gone, our D has gotten a lot bigger. We simply don't get pushed around below our goal line like we used to.

With the additions of DSP, DLR we've added more size upfront.

The only players under 6 feet in our line-up now are Mitchell, Pleks, Gally and DD.

We are slowly getting there...

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world

Jacob de la Rose and Petry are both listed at 6'3".

Then we have Eller, Malhotra, Pacioretty, Weise, Beaulieu, Emelin, Gilbert, Gonchar and Pateryn all at 6'2"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad