Speculation: When are the floodgates going to open?

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Looks like my post got deleted but I think JVR committing toa team might open up some trade. It's a basic case if you are looking for left wings why buy a cow like Patches or Skinner when you can get milk for free(JVR)

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
With teams potential giving 10 million to Tavares a lot will be staying put until he signs somewhere then teams will start to look elsewhere

steinerecliner

May 15, 2018
Once Free agency opens when we will see more action. Trade wise will be more active I think once Tavares is signed. Any team who doesn't get him, will be seeking else where.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
As soon as the high-profile UFA's find new homes, you can be assured the GM's left standing out in the cold will start to panic.....particularly if one of their divisional opponents has 'loaded up'. That's when you'll see the dominoes start to fall....but the 'floodgates'?....not so sure that will happen this year.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
There has been 1 player trade so far during the draft and it was before the draft even started. When do the floodgates open and all those big names speculated to be moved are finally moved? Is it during Free Agency or during the next couple of days or hours?

Now that you can talk to pending free-agents, trades should start happening fairly soon. Once you have an idea of who you might be able to get in free-agency, you can start looking at which guys you can move for assets and potentially replace through free-agency. In the next couple of days, the floodgates will open. Once Tavares signs, the floodgates are going to be blown off their damn hinges.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Assuming the Senators are serious about bundling Ryan with Karlsson, June 30th. There'll be a July 1st deadline to make the trade because Melnyk most likely won't want to pay Ryan's 2M signing bonus and then deal him.

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
So JT is talking to 5 teams... Why will floodgates open after he signs? When hes only likely to sign with 1 of 5 teams... What about the other 25 or 26 teams?

Im gonna go ahead and say this week sometime.. B4 July 1st.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
Jesus...

We had the Hoffman trades what, five days ago?

Then we had Colorado-Washington four days ago, best G on the market there.

The draft was two days ago.

Yesterday a huge trade between Calgary and Carolina.

I realize a lot of you are younger than 20, but what exactly do you want here? Sometimes, nothing happens and we must learn to be patient.

Edit: and I post this, have a shower and Carlson signs for 8x8...dammit people!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad