Player Discussion When are Juulsen and Mete going to produce points?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Mete is only 20. Ellis and Krug didn't start hitting their stride until they were 22 or 23. Two or three years make a big difference for defencemen at that age. Expectations in terms of production should be very low for quite a while yet whether he's playing in the NHL or the AHL.
Same with Juulsen.
In fact neither Krug nor Ellis were full time NHL dmen until age 22

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Mete I'm a little surprised and would think he would have been a little more on the score sheet with the pp time he also gets
Juulsen I don't see him being that offensive producer and I'm ok with that.
Mete in 8 games has seen a total of 8 PP mins

he really hasn't been used all that much on the PP.

In fact, other than Petry...no Dman on the Habs gets a lot of minutes on the PP.

Reilly is 2nd on the team at just over 12 mins total.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
They are not mediocre lol.

Like, people of HFBoards: Ds do not have a career year for multiple years after their first one. I still consider them both rookies, nobody has 82 games played.

Give them their rookie years now, we need them to reach their potential and that takes about 250-300 NHL games for a D. No amount of time in the AHL changes that. Reason: we need to be able to trade Petry and Weber in the next 2-3 years, so some parts of our D core need to remain stable. That's Reilly (we seem to have found a gem), Mete and Juulsen. Hopefully we can draft a top-pairing potential LD this year and trade for one with Weber-Petry (+). So we'll need Mete and Juulsen to have some games in the counter to stabilize these arrivals.

Byram - Honka <--- we should aim for something like this, both Petry and Weber are no longer top pairing cup winners.
Reilly - Juulsen
Mete - Romanov?
They're absolutely mediocre as point producers. They're worse than mediocre, in fact.

The reality is that if they remain 10-20 point d-men, they'll never be useful in a top3 dman role. It's too early to give up on them, and pigeonhole them as bottom3 dmen, I think.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
8 games, 16:22 TOI this year, 0 pts
49 games, 15:35 TOI last year, 7 pts

that's 57 games, 7 pts for a .12 ppg which over 82 games would be 10 pts.

I know he's not going to produce like say Subban who in his first season puts up 14 goals and 38 pts on a team that had 1 player get over 49 pts. Still would have rather they not rushed him and let him develop in the AHL. Guess we'll see how it works out.

Reactions: Sorinth

CoopersFalls

Director of Armchair Operations
Mar 5, 2010
Central Ontario
Juulsen will eventually put up 20-30 points consistently. You see his instincts come through quite often, he’s just playing it safe.

Mete should get PP time. This coaching staff is dead set on Petry, where I think he should be rotated with Reilly and Mete. They don’t have his shot but both have better hockey sense IMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad