Player Discussion When are Juulsen and Mete going to produce points?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Juulsen: 8gp, 1 assist to show for it, +9.

Mete: 6gp, 0 points, +0.

They were similarly unproductive last season too. If they won't put up points I think their effect (and value) as d-men in the modern NHL will be limited. What's the situation here?

Goodbahd

Dec 17, 2017
Juulsen is amazing, he’s a very efficient defenseman and is rarely out of player when defending. Points will come naturally for him, but don’t expect him to be an offensice orientated defenseman.

Mete is still young, but you can see the talent and opportunities are there, it’s only a matter of time he’ll start producing.

We’re really lucky to have these 2 on the back end going forward, two home grown talents.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Mete looked a lot better to start last year, only early but he doesn't seem to be jumping into the rush or moving the puck up ice as much - maybe his injury is causing him issues or he is reigned in, would like to see him get the green light to go

Juulsen will likely alway be the anchor on his pairing, he's mobile enough to not get trapped in his zone but don't really see him cracking 20 pts/yr

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
If you evaluate these player withs number of points. Your going on the wrong way. Juulsen have the best +\- and solid along the board. Good first pass. He just doesnt shoot on the net often. For mete. Good stickhsndling. Play smart in his own zone... this is whant you want to see for a dman first. If juulsen have 2 goals. 3 assists and -4. Thats not better

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Put things into perspective. Dermott has 1 assist in 9 games for the Leafs playing in a similar role as Mete and Juulsen. And Dermott plays on a stacked roster up front so why does he only have 1 assist and he is a -5?

Mete and Juulsen are concentrating on being reliable and learning how to do the little things right. They are on good development tracks if you ask me. The only thing I don't like it Mete's size down low in our own end.

Reactions: Zorba and KKWG11

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Very good young players - they will likely form a solid pairing together in the near future for the Habs. Points will come, but the development in their respective games is undeniable. Juulsen has been a rock so far, and Mete has had some bad luck but looked very good, jumping into the rush: Mete is also one of the youngest defensemen in the league, and coming off another hand injury, so he’s likely limited in what he can do at the moment. I wouldn’t be concerned about these two players, they are both trending in the right direction.

member 256847

Mete and Juulsen looked amazing together during training camp. I'd like to see them back together at some point. Reilly with Weber when he comes back. Petry with Schlemko.

Reactions: BabyPanda

cactusjack

Apr 3, 2015
i think there is way less break-out stretch passes than previous years and way more passes between the fowards. So D-men will probably less points. We are playing 4 fowards on the PP too. Don't really care about points TBH. I'm looking more at scoring opp for/against (esp. high danger ones) .

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Noah has never been a point producer, just a solid Dman who can shut things down and clear the defensive zone. He's doing that in the NHL, its perfect. Mete is on the bubble, his speed will only take him so far before he has to start doing something.. he's too small to be effective in a shutdown role. Not sure what the team sees for him in the future.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
I think we have just mismanaged Mete recently. We should accept him to be a Young NHLer who makes mistakes and let him takes offensives initiatives whatever it costs.

I thought everybody pasted on him on his draft for that reason and not us, right? I dont want us to hold talent again just to fit in a mould

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
I think people overestimate Mete's offensive game because he's undersized and super fast. I don't think he'll ever get more than 30 points in a season but as long as he can play good defense his speed will help us win. It's been said before but Mete-Juulsen should be our 2nd pairing for the next decade

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I think people overestimate Mete's offensive game because he's undersized and super fast. I don't think he'll ever get more than 30 points in a season but as long as he can play good defense his speed will help us win. It's been said before but Mete-Juulsen should be our 2nd pairing for the next decade
Agreed...have said so many times.

Reactions: ginomini

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
I personally don't see them as top 4 defenseman on a contender unfortunately. That being said both have their place in the NHL.

Reactions: Fixxer

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
They are rookie defenseman...
Dahlin has only 2 more pts than Juulsen despite being way more talented

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
All Juulsen and Mete need to worry about is defending well and getting the puck up to the forwards quickly, and getting the puck on net from the point.

Reactions: scrubadam

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
All Juulsen and Mete need to worry about is defending well and getting the puck up to the forwards quickly, and getting the puck on net from the point.
Agreed...which will eventually lead to more points.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I'm going to wait until he gets more comfortable and seasoned to predict his point total. Once he does, I think he'll be jumping up into the rush a lot more.

It's his shot that may limit how many points he can generate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad