Confirmed with Link: Wheeler's extension: 5 years, $8.25M AAV

Jack722

Mar 3, 2018
Yup - we had a few guys that were making that a habit LY -
If that continues, especially with our "New" D, we are pooched.

I think we play better as underdogs. I think we got a bit too high last season and hopefully we see the down to earth jets again who play aggressive D and scrape and claw for every advantage. I think if we play like that, our new D might be workable.

Reactions: LowLefty

Halberdier

May 14, 2016
Do we Know how many empty points he got last year?

Empty netters? At least he was like always on ice when the opponent pulled the goalie so he had a lot of opportunities for those. Don't know stats for the last season, but I did once run to some old stat page that claimed Wheeler had by far the most empty netter points for some other season.

If I have to have a blind guess, I think Wheeler had some 10-15 EN points, probably couple of more, but still less than he got last season.

Unfortunately empty netters for and against seems to be counted for "even strength" and usually "5-on-5" stats, which is just wrong and makes those stats very unreliable.

Edit:

I found out that the Jets made 18+0 EN goals last season + playoffs and also 13+5=18 EN goals a year before. It's pretty safe to assume Wheeler had about 10-13 EN points in both seasons, counted as "even strength points".

Last edited:
Reactions: thegr8one66

Imcanadianeh

Nov 1, 2015
This thread is starting to remind me of any Patrik Laine thread during his rookie season....the horde has moved on to complaining about empty net points just for something to complain about and diminish Wheelers accomplishments.

Reactions: ERYX

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This thread is starting to remind me of any Patrik Laine thread during his rookie season....the horde has moved on to complaining about empty net points just for something to complain about and diminish Wheelers accomplishments.
It's almost like people believe helping to secure a win is a bad thing :dunno:. If someone comes up with some evidence that the Jets were below league average when the other team has a pulled goalie, then make the argument otherwise it is just complaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad