Wheeler should be captain now.

White Out 403*

Why waste time? Wheeler is the heart and soul of this team. He's such an obvious leader that I can see it from the couch in my house. Give him the C. It's Wheelers team now.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Wouldn't surprise me if he gets the C - he's been handling most of the media relations lately anyway.

That said, it also wouldn't surprise me if they ran with A's for the rest of the season. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Has anyone else been wearing an A since Stu got hurt? It leaves only Wheeler with a letter now.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Wait till offseason.

yep, no C until next year. Wheeler is the leading candidate but maybe he asks to get out as well, or maybe the Jets still end up signing Ladd, in which case he likely gets the C back.

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman
Dont see them naming a new captain this season. It will likely be over the off season.

If Ladd was to come back in the off season, you think he would get the C back?

Dont get me wrong, I feel Wheeler should have it anyway, but didn't know what you did in that situation.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
There won't be a captain the rest of the year. Even if they offered it to Wheeler right now he'd turn it down. That's how things are done with class. Wheeler will take over in the off-season.

Derfel*

Drop an 'A' on Buff, wait until the off-season. No need to have a Captain on a tanking team.

See what moves happen in the off-season, and then announce it in September.

There is a chance Ladd comes back, in which case he gets the 'C' back, no question.

Robinson2187

Registered Schmoozer
Nov 22, 2015
Comox BC
Drop an 'A' on Buff, wait until the off-season. No need to have a Captain on a tanking team.

See what moves happen in the off-season, and then announce it in September.

There is a chance Ladd comes back, in which case he gets the 'C' back, no question.

Agree with all of this except the "no question" part.

hexrae

Jun 29, 2006
Peg City
Unless Ladd re-signs, I bet they won't formally announce a Captain until either (just a day or two) before the first pre-season game or regular season game. But internally the decision would have been made way prior to either.

Analyst365

Oct 24, 2011
Victoria
There won't be a captain the rest of the year. Even if they offered it to Wheeler right now he'd turn it down. That's how things are done with class. Wheeler will take over in the off-season.

Jeez. You realize Ladd was traded and didn't perish in a plane crash, right? Flags at half mast in Winnipeg tomorrow? :)

Brominator

Sep 12, 2009
WPG
Wheeler IS the Captain now.

Don't see any reason to wait. Give him the C now.

hqdefault.jpg

An oldie but a goodie.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
I think the players should vote on it but that's me.

Wait until the off-season and give the C to Wheeler and the two As to Buff and Scheif.

spades0faces

Jun 19, 2013
im thinking Wheeler has the upper hand in becoming the C... im thinking Buff could also carry that title.. or if they wanna go with the youth movement.... Scheifele?

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'd go with 3 A's for the rest of the season: Wheeler, Buff and Stuart.

Wait until you're certain Ladd is not going to come back and then give the C to Wheeler.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00