GDT: WHC - Finland vs USA

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Sami Kapanen is between the benches and noticed that the US bench was quiet and Jones was kinda in his own world. Basic stuff.

I can't watch the game because it's nowhere broadcasted here in Switzerland. Is Finland playing so well or USA playing so bad? The PP seems to be very good by the Finns or is the PK of the USA so bad?
USA has been utter crap

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Although you never know what you can expect from the USA because sometimes they are good and sometimes not at WHCs I'm surprised about the clear result so far.

Uups I just realized that I can watch the game. Swiss TV broadcast it!!!!

Reactions: karhukissa

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Although you never know what you can expect from the USA because sometimes they are good and sometimes not at WHCs I'm surprised about the clear result so far.

Uups I just realized that I can watch the game. Swiss TV broadcast it!!!!
US never had their head in the game. They seemed to be more intrested in dirty play than scoring from the get go. Result is no suprise considering the game events.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Happy with the win, but still bit dissapointed as i was hoping to see a close game. Oh well 3points is the main thing.

Jarvinen

Mar 27, 2022
Meh. I never understood why you stop playing. It is a short tournament and in just a week you might meet the same opponent in an elimination game. You should go full steam the whole game. If anything, a 7-8 goal victory might give you an advantage going forward.

Not really confident in this team. The 5 minute pp was the difference maker.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
Ok the tournament runs well for Finland so far. This year USA doesn't seem to be very strong. They won already against Austria only in overtime.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Meh. I never understood why you stop playing. It is a short tournament and in just a week you might meet the same opponent in an elimination game. You should go full steam the whole game. If anything, a 7-8 goal victory might give you an advantage going forward.

Its just between the ears when we are leading 4-0

vergji

May 4, 2022
I'm all Team Finland, but what are the refs doing?
What? They did good. Only questionable was the mäenalainen call not being 5 min and even that was not something that was clear 5min. Some referees give 5 and some give 2 for that

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019

Sometimes this site just blows my mind. If you said that to me in person, i'd ask you to repeat that slowly and then maybe for the 3rd time to check if i really heard right.

Game was over, finished, finito. It was also very overheated game, USA wasn't threatning our lead so let's focus to defend it, why? A) To avoid injuries B) No need to grind 1000%, you said yourself it's a short tournament, every single second of recovery is a bonus.

How are games usually won in these tournaments? Powerplay/Shorthanded. Our PP is world class. Goalie is world class. And you are not confident based on 3rd period after 4-0 lead?

Last edited:
Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad