GDT: WHC - Finland vs USA

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Maybe USA should party a little more, maybe that would get them going

member 305909

Everyone said that Finland, the Czechs, Sweden and the USA would easily go to the QFs. I wouldn't be so sure about the USA though.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Was just thinking to myself that Finns just need to play it safe in the 3rd period and not do anything stupid.

Should have specified that i meant more like in the rest of game, Mäenalanen didn't get that memo.

Reactions: FinPanda

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
By the rules it's not a major, if it was to head = major. Boarding major? Nah.

But then again, very stupid and unnecessary. Mäenalanen is the new Ruutu, fought in the first game and now this.

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Like what Mäenalanen was thinking? We are leading 4-0 and the game is on our control. 5+20 from that, US scored 2 and its a new game.

Keep calm and play the game.

Reactions: jj cale

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Should've been a major, from a game management stand point as well. This might get even more out of hand, if USA thinks they're getting screwed by the refs.
Exactly what I was thinking, they're losing 4-0 and get that feeling of injustice just before second intermission. Because tbh I felt that that was boarding major considering all, the guy went head first into the boards and Mäenalanen didin't seem to be careful at all with the hit.

Shocker

Dec 20, 2019
Something positive that if USA starts gooning it up in the 3rd after that, their most smoothbrained player is already out of the game.

Reactions: FinPanda

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Like what Mäenalanen was thinking? We are leading 4-0 and the game is on our control. 5+20 from that, US scored 2 and its a new game.

Keep calm and play the game.
Concussions are a real problem in hockey and especially in these situations what we saw, it's totally unnecessary to deliver that hit. Accidents happen but to hit a guy who was in such a vulnerable position..

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I can't watch the game because it's nowhere broadcasted here in Switzerland. Is Finland playing so well or USA playing so bad? The PP seems to be very good by the Finns or is the PK of the USA so bad?

Reactions: karhukissa

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
Should've been a major, from a game management stand point as well. This might get even more out of hand, if USA thinks they're getting screwed by the refs.
That's a good point too.

I can't watch the game because it's nowhere broadcasted here in Switzerland. Is Finland playing so well or USA playing so bad? The PP seems to be very good by the Finns or is the PK of the USA so bad?
USA is playing like a streetgang on skates. All PP goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad