GDT: WHC - Finland vs Sweden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finnswiss

Apr 28, 2013
I'll start by saying that I think that Czechs will take full 3 points from USA, because I'm not impressed by USA at all and my feeling is that the Czechs will improve more when the tournament goes longer compared to USA. I don't see Czech losing anymore against any of the underdogs.

So I think that they will be 3 points behind of Finland before the FIN-CZE game. It is true that OT loss is enough for Finland in that scenario, but Czechs have a lot to gain in that game vs Finland and Czechs got a good Finnish coach who knows Finland very well and I see that as a problem.
Well, I had in mind that the Czechs played already 4 games. For this reason I calculated only maximus 13 points for the Czechs even if they win all games remaining in regular time. You could be absolutely right in your thinking. For the Czechs it's an advantage to have a good Finnish coach who knows very well the Finns and already coached also the Finnish NT. I estimate them also stronger than the USA. So the key game for the second place in this group will be the game between the Czechs and Finns. It's funny that name of both coaches are Jalonen, Kari Jalonen by the Czechs Jukka Jalonen by the Finns.
But possibly the loss against Austria in OT will cost the Czechs the 2nd place. But we will see.

Reactions: Mestaruus

Snowsii

Jan 6, 2014
Have to admire Swedish D. Got out of forecheck easily, while our D seemed to hold the puck for too long occasionally... Hopefully Heiskanen and Lindell could improve that.

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Late congrats to Sweden. But don't forget your place: you are the fifth.
rankings.jpg

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
I don't play 1X2 on penalties that I consider as a bloody joke. But Bingo Lotto-Swedes may think other ways.
I understand why. You guys lost to the mighy Kazaks last year on Penalties.

But no, we swedes dont want things to end with penalties. They should keep playing OT until first team scores.

And its time for people to start man up and play chess .

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Got 1 point, deserved 0.

The hope's that "you can't defeat the same team twice" but it didn't work at WJC-u18s. Hopefully Heiskanen helps, the defense is absolutely brutal. Especially Ohtamaa who's awful year after year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad