What's your second team

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
Now I know we're all huge Sens fans here of course.. but what's another team you enjoy watching in the league/ don't mind cheering for ?

I personally like Philly. I think they got some great great players on that team. Guys like Giroux, Simmonds, Hartnell are some that come to mind. I really liked Richards when he was with them too. Yeah, the team is a bit of a gong show at times, but they're entertaining to watch. The fact they own the Penguins in the playoffs is an added plus. They play with a lot of heart.. esp against a team like Pittsburgh and they have an ability to make huge come backs in the playoffs.. I swear they came back down 3-1 to Buffalo in a playoff series not too long ago.

Chicago is fun to watch as well... very entertaining style of play and they're always contenders for the Cup even if they've lost some pieces from previous championship runs.

Even though we can never beat them.. Boston is also another good team to watch. Not as flashy but they're ridiculously disciplined and they've been contenders for years..

Only cheer for these guys if Ottawa is not in the playoffs at all or eliminated from them of course

Old5oh

Mar 21, 2013
Edmonton. It's my home town. Being an Oil fan in the 80's was kind of fun...not as much now.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
As long as nobody says Toronto or Montreal, you're cool with me.

With the Sens out of it, I pretty much just cheer for these 2 teams to get eliminated.

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I think I can honestly say I dislike Montreal as much as as I don't like the Leafs..before I was completely indifferent to them but that playoff series changed that completely.

I think I now understand why leafs and bruins fans dislike them so much.. finally see why after all these years

Old5oh

Mar 21, 2013
As long as nobody says Toronto or Montreal, you're cool with me.

With the Sens out of it, I pretty much just cheer for these 2 teams to get eliminated.

THIS.
My Canadian support is saved for the Olympics and such.

TrueGrit

Jul 3, 2006
Dallas, was my #1 growing up in the cup years, was always pretty passionate about the Sens too, even back to '97 but every kid wants a winner first.

Still go to the Stars games every time they're in Ottawa.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Not to sound like a 'look at me I'm a die-hard', but I don't have a second team.

I'm on board with the cheering for TO to be eliminated thing, though.

I still watch playoff hockey cuz it's great, and for specific matchups I 'cheer' for whichever team I dislike the least. I end up watching the game pretty objectively, though. I tend to surprise myself how different it is when I view a hockey game without my homer glasses.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Oilers :(

Had both my teams in consecutive finals, but its been a pretty disapointing stretch since then

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
No second team. Usually it doesn't take long to pick out the team I want to cheer for in the playoffs but they change from series to series.

melnyk budget*

dont really have a second team. if i had to choose...boston? since i hate the habs and i live in mtl and sens are golfing come playoff time. the old sens connection makes sense too.

ill just watch the playoffs and enjoy it, without feeling nervous.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad