Post-Game Talk: What's your favorite win against Chicago?

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Anyone with fast hands needs to do the Patrick Kane method. Make 100 moves skating in as slow as molasses. The goalie will bite on one of them, when he does, flick it in. It's totally unfair for the goalie because yes, if you're Kane or Tats, you can make a bajillion moves on the way in and unless you're perfect at shootouts, you're probably going to get faked out on one of them.

Also, as per usual, terrible first period, better second and third.

Were both our goals against with the 4th line on the ice? Ugh.

uhhh? about Datsyuk

Last edited:

icKx

Vanek 4 Prez
May 7, 2010
Intertubes
I don't know what more people want out of a goaltender for $5.2mil

Howard always seems to bring his A game against the Hawks.

Detroit/Chicago SCF. The gods will it.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
TautNiceCottontail.gif

The sell with the head and the shoulders, is just ridiculous.

Licklas Nidstrom

Jul 2, 2009
Some Computer
I love not having to stay up late for as many games now that we're in the east...but I don't think there's a team out there that I enjoy beating in the regular season more than the Hawks.

Tats was great, Helm was great, Howie was outstanding. Good

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Tatar redeemed himself from a really bad game. Even with his regulation goal. It just looked like the puck bounced off his stick left and right all game long.

Helm has really been carrying this team this last handful of games. His energy and hustle and tenacity are getting things done. 5G, 8pts in the last 8 games.

Gator played some hard-nosed hockey. Zetterberg had a couple of decent shifts.

Everyone else was really mediocre. We spent 40 minutes trying to make really cute plays, especially out of our zone. Tighten up your chin strap and get dirty.

jerrymac

Oct 24, 2011
GB
Still hate the shootout. Any other game and I would say the move Tatar made was dumb but seeing against Kane right after me missed feels good

LeighDx59

Nov 23, 2011
Detroit, MI
Wishful thinking, but I'm hoping now with this shootout win that'll get the monkey off of Howards back and he might start getting better at them? Confidence would be huge.

Regardless, awesome win against Chicago. Now lets keep going and win some more games here on this trip!

DanZ

Mar 6, 2008
We haven't been outplayed this bad during all season than we were at first 34 minutes.

Luckiest win of the season.

Both of their goals were lucky as ****. It was really only the first period after our first penalty where they had the decisive edge. Not as bad as you're making it out to be.

sean3250

Feb 7, 2015
We haven't been outplayed this bad during all season than we were at first 34 minutes.

Luckiest win of the season.

Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. I do agree that Chicago controlled play for the most part. I'll sure take the W, though.

UncleSam19

Jun 16, 2013
was at the game tonight, AWESOME WIN.
the first period and a half was just brutal, nothing generated, couldnt get out of our zone, noone could catch or make a pass. jimmy had a great game, was seeing the puck very well, minus that weak attempt at stoping the wrap around.
what i noticed was that the officials were ok, missed a few against us, but missed 1 or 2 the other way as well. but the linesman were brutal.. the iceing, offsides, were almost everytime to chicagos benifit.
the D was solid, did a good job letting howie see the shots. Big E, smith and marchenko all had a very strong game. im really liking the smith marchenko pairing.
i had mixed feelings on the line combos, kept expecting to see nyquist go back to Z, but the balance, especially towards the end of the game was really nice in keeping pressure on Chicago. pav wasnt flashy but had a very, very good defensive game tonight.
i cant tell you guys how amazing it was to see us win the game on a flukey goal, then see them tie it on a even flukier goal, go to the s/o with howie in net Vs chicago. only to see pav come in and look uninterested, then toews ripes it past jimmy. at this point i was so over the game. then boom gus embarrasses crawford, jimmy gets kaner finally, tats does the kaner in everyones face, and jimmy has all the confidence in the world to stop sharp like he was nothing. UNREAL

side note: idk if tats and hoss got into a fight back home or something but tats tried to line him up open ice almost every shift hah.

8snake

Aug 3, 2005
IMO you can't have a good game as a d-man when you give up the puck for prime scoring chance right in front of your net and get caught up ice at least twice...so for those saying Smith had a "good game", I don't agree at all. As a matter of fact, the Smith/Marchenko pairing looked extremely suspect defensively, especially in their own end and were VERY fortunate not to give up at least two goals. I thought Marchenko kind of stabilized as the game wore on, but that pair needs a ton of work just to be competent on defense.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
IMO you can't have a good game as a d-man when you give up the puck for prime scoring chance right in front of your net and get caught up ice at least twice...so for those saying Smith had a "good game", I don't agree at all. As a matter of fact, the Smith/Marchenko pairing looked extremely suspect defensively, especially in their own end and were VERY fortunate not to give up at least two goals. I thought Marchenko kind of stabilized as the game wore on, but that pair needs a ton of work just to be competent on defense.

Just needs a player on the left side not named Smith or Kindl or Lashoff. Simple really.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway
Tid was a big win for the team

and a huge one for Howard.
1-1-1 or 1-2
Howard stopped 3 out of 4 vs Jets and was close to winning that SO.
Then he matched Price and the lone goal was not his fault.
And now he beats the mighty Hawks in The SO.
This looks very promising and great.
I won't go around, I will say I do not like the record of 1-2 (1-1-1). But so far so good.
It's a tough road trip ahead of us, it has started pretty good.

Why can't we beat the b/East?

mindfly

Happy camper!
Jan 7, 2011
Bloomfield Hills, MI
i'm just, what they say... flabbergasted? that Crawford didn't know that Nyquist ALWAYS go backhand between the legs, just keep your legs tight and Nyquist can't score.

UncleSam19

Jun 16, 2013

ok, smith had a really bad turnover in his own zone and they almost scored from it, jimmy was ready and nothing happened. u can make a bad play and make up for it in the rest of the game. if giving the puck up, only even 1 time means u didnt have a good game then i dont think a single red wing had a good game.

We dont have a real #1 guy on the backend, Kronwall is the guy but hes a mess defensively, him and dekeyser both had 5x as many turnovers as smith last night, but were not talking about them. The hawks dominated the wings in their own end, for most of the game, so when i see a d pair figure it out, especially when they are a #3 pair and 1 of them isnt a full time NHLer. And they start, jumping in on the rush, moving the puck well, getting in the lanes and breaking up plays, taking away chances, when pair 1 and 2 continue to have rough games both in our own zone and offensively. I think its fair to compliment smith and marchenko on having a "good game"

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I don't know what more people want out of a goaltender for $5.2mil

Howard always seems to bring his A game against the Hawks.

Detroit/Chicago SCF. The gods will it.

What? Howard is making $6 million. I'm sure of that because 99% of the posts here about him say $6 million, and surely they wouldn't all just be rounding up for no reason...

Kronwall is the guy but hes a mess defensively

Since when is Kronwall a mess defensively? :dunno:

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
What? Howard is making $6 million. I'm sure of that because 99% of the posts here about him say $6 million, and surely they wouldn't all just be rounding up for no reason...

Since when is Kronwall a mess defensively? :dunno:

Since he screened that GWG against the Habs and chipping the 2nd GA in the other night. Let's trade him. He's destroying our stable defense. :sarcasm:

Hunting Bow*

As folks know I'm very critical of Howard.

With that said he played very well in the last two games. If he can sustain the Wings are suddenly contenders again.

Other than a few gaffs the team looked very good!

Last night was two huge points and a great start to the road trip.

Keep it going boys!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad