What's your favorite matchup to watch, outside of PITT?

F L Y E R S

Orange & Black
Aug 27, 2009
Philadelphia, PA
1. Capitals - I've been a big fan of the games we've had lately with Washington. Entertaining games with some hard hits and fights. The hatred has seemed to grow over the last few years, with their move into our division. Wilson seems to be helping with that. Ovie is always a treat to watch.

2. Canadiens - Always look forward to playing them. Some damn fine history with them. Subban is definitely an exciting player on the ice.Always has a target on his back. Loved when Schenn went after him a few years ago. Plus, it's always nice to get a W in Montreal and shut up their fans with their 'OLE OLE' crap.

3. Blackhawks - I understand we don't play them that often, but we've really had some entertaining games against them.

--On the flip side, I can never really get up for a Lightning game. Even though they're a cup contender and all, I find our games against them, lacking much of....well... anything. Kind of a bore TBH

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I'll second the Capitals. Those games are always really entertaining.

01-Caps
02-Blackhawks
03-Bruins

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
100% agree about Lightning games. Those games just lack something.

Outside of Pitts:
1) Caps
2) Bruins
3) Ottawa, games are usually pretty gritty
4) Kings, it's just so satisfying if we beat them. Especially when they were all joking about that Flyers West crap.

I think Isles match-ups will get more exciting over the next few seasons

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I don't know about you guys, but I enjoy watching the Flyers play against teams I hate the most. So:

Capitals
Bruins
Islanders
Rangers
Canadiens
Blackhawks

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
It won't be a popular opinion, but for me I like when they play the Ducks. Specifically at the Pond because I get to go see them play.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I came here to say the Caps too. They have just been consistently great games the last few years. I think the league is catching on too...I think I saw a couple of their games are on national TV. I am thinking of going down to DC for one as well as seeing one here.

I am still pissed with how the league handled the PHI/PIT games this year. Two of the biggest division rivals in the game should not have to wait until the end of January to play...nor should one of their games be wasted on the likely meaningless last day of the season. I really wanna know what the hell they were thinking.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
It won't be a popular opinion, but for me I like when they play the Ducks. Specifically at the Pond because I get to go see them play.

actually I'm with you I like it when the play the ducks. In fact I'd like to see them at the pond.

they play ducks sharks kings around new years. whats dumb the NHL put the shark game in the middle, so they go to LA to bay area back to la.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The Ducks seem to beat us a lot, so I don't like playing them. Lol.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I would say the Capitals as well but I'm biased since I live in DC. They have definitely been some entertaining games though. Being 31, I grew up hating the Devils more than anyone so they still get my vote for #2 just because my blood boils when we play them.

Also, this past year's Flyers game in DC was my 10 minutes of fame...

bb12

Aug 21, 2014
USA
Florida Panthers...

Seriously it's caps Rangers and Detroit

I'd say Bruins but I live in New England and I'd probably rather get punched in the face all game then listen to Jack Edwards broadcast their games

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Florida Panthers...

Seriously it's caps Rangers and Detroit

I'd say Bruins but I live in New England and I'd probably rather get punched in the face all game then listen to Jack Edwards broadcast their games

I hear ya, I'm suprised NESN hasn't canned edwards. Kinda like when joe buck does eagles games. I'll mute him and put Merrell reese on radio while i watch game

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Pens, Caps, Isles, Lightning recently

I will always hate the Rags and Debbies the most but the ones above are the games that I feel have the most hatred recently

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I am still pissed with how the league handled the PHI/PIT games this year. Two of the biggest division rivals in the game should not have to wait until the end of January to play...nor should one of their games be wasted on the likely meaningless last day of the season. I really wanna know what the hell they were thinking.
Who cares, the schedule is fine as it is. And for all we know, that last day could mean life or death in terms of playoffs for one or both of the teams. The league should make schedules as they see fit and not try to accommodate perceived desires of fans. You want it this way, others want it that way.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I wish the league would go back to the older schedule format where you play your divisional & conference opponents the most (divisional 5/6 games & conference 3/4 games while the rest gets filled out with selected out of conference games). I really don't care enough to play every out of conference team twice a year.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
I wish the league would go back to the older schedule format where you play your divisional & conference opponents the most (divisional 5/6 games & conference 3/4 games while the rest gets filled out with selected out of conference games). I really don't care enough to play every out of conference team twice a year.
I'm the complete opposite. If it were me and there weren't travel issues, I'd have each team play against every other team the same amount of times. In essence, I'd get rid of divisions and conferences altogether and just have one big league. I know it's not realistic (yet), though.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004

The ducks along with the Blues are two of my favorite West Teams, always look forward to those games.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Growing up for me it was NYR, TOR, NJD. Pitt wasn't really a factor for like a decade or more so that rivalry didn't really exist up until recently. Now I'd say NYR, especially since they had our number for a while and beat us in the playoffs last year. Toronto is not a factor anymore and the Devils really haven't been relevant for a while either, though I have a lot of Devil fan friends so it still is fun.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Who cares, the schedule is fine as it is. And for all we know, that last day could mean life or death in terms of playoffs for one or both of the teams. The league should make schedules as they see fit and not try to accommodate perceived desires of fans. You want it this way, others want it that way.

He does, obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad