What's wrong with Pacioretty???

ThePriceIsRight44

Feb 6, 2014
:sarcasm::sarcasm:.

Seriously though I can't believe people want this guy traded he is our only consistent goal scorer.

Pro patchy
- Top 10 wrister's in the league
- 40 goal scorer with a real #1 C
- Amazing contract

Bad patchy
- Lazy without the puck
- 6' 2 220, plays like he's 5' 10 185
- No grit
- most hits are bumps to make the score sheet look better
- refuses to play without DD. He does this because he knows DD gives him the puck 100% of time which is the only time patchy shines.

I like him on my team because he's the only pure scorer for now, and his contract makes it a very good deal. I'd trade him for someone like E.Kane for obvious reason's that I've mentioned on another thread.

Odelein24

Sep 17, 2009
Montreal
Pro patchy
- Amazing contract

Bad patchy
- Lazy without the puck
- No grit
- refuses to play without DD. He does this because he knows DD gives him the puck 100% of time which is the only time patchy shines.

I like him on my team because he's the only pure scorer for now, and his contract makes it a very good deal. I'd trade him for someone like E.Kane for obvious reason's that I've mentioned on another thread.

I don't think he "refuses" to play without DD. I've seen Max play PK with Eller and Plekanec and he's looked good.

ThePriceIsRight44

Feb 6, 2014
I don't think he "refuses" to play without DD. I've seen Max play PK with Eller and Plekanec and he's looked good.

I'm not making this up, I've said this at least 10 times this year when he didn't have DD at centre. He does not want anyone centering him other than DD. Pay attention during games, players actions and reactions to things speak volumes.

PS: patch isn't stupid enough to expect MT to put DD on the PK....

Last edited by a moderator:

Carey Chant

Jul 13, 2007
Toronto
Very curious to see him play with higher end talent on team USA. If he can score with a smurf at center just imagine what he can do with an allstar C. Just don't let him take penalty shots....:laugh:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
he totally blew off gallagher last night after his second goal.

edit: 4:56

Last edited by a moderator:

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC

Well to be fair, there's nothing wrong with wanting to salute the guy who made the nice pass to give you the goal. If it was Gallagher who fed him and he blew him off to go celebrate with DD, that would be weird :laugh:

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Well to be fair, there's nothing wrong with wanting to salute the guy who made the nice pass to give you the goal. If it was Gallagher who fed him and he blew him off to go celebrate with DD, that would be weird :laugh:

Lol, yeah that would be weird. I noticed it last night watching but I didn't pay too much attention, but when ThePriceIsRight44 made his comments a light bulb kind of went on.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Pro patchy
- Amazing contract

Bad patchy
- Lazy without the puck
- No grit

Fewer goals would result.

Nico Cauzuki

Jul 19, 2009
King Of The North
Pro patchy
- Amazing contract

Bad patchy
- Lazy without the puck
- No grit

not a big DD fan but hes a great playmaker and thats what snipers love

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
MaxPac has no business being more physical because he always has the puck. He's a great possession driver and a shot-generating machine. If he were more physical it'd mean he was less effective.

And where does the notion that he's lazy come from, anyway?

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
Pro patchy
- Amazing contract

Bad patchy
- Lazy without the puck
- No grit

He didn't seem to mind playing with Gomez or Statsny, so where does this thing about him refusing to play with other centres come from? I actually thought him and Eller looked really dangerous together at the beginning of the season, but then Patches got injured.

samsquanch9*

MaxPac has no business being more physical because he always has the puck. He's a great possession driver and a shot-generating machine. If he were more physical it'd mean he was less effective.

And where does the notion that he's lazy come from, anyway?

hes a big lanky guy and his stride looks really really effortless. it sometimes makes it look like hes lazy but i dont think he is

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

His love for Desharnais is actually kind of annoying. Blows off Gallagher and goes right to DD for a quick makeout session.

:help:

He didn't seem to mind playing with Gomez or Statsny, so where does this thing about him refusing to play with other centres come from? I actually thought him and Eller looked really dangerous together at the beginning of the season, but then Patches got injured.

Probably faked an injury so he could get off that line and go back to DD's line

:sarcasm:

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
People wanted to trade Plekanec before the season started, too. I guess what I'm trying to say is that dumb ideas travel through time.

MathMan

Jan 20, 2006
hes a big lanky guy and his stride looks really really effortless. it sometimes makes it look like hes lazy but i dont think he is

That's the case for a lot of guys with that frame, actually. There's also the expectation that they'll hit everything in sight and/or spend their life in the crease, even if it's not the most productive thing they could do.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
People wanted to trade Plekanec before the season started, too. I guess what I'm trying to say is that dumb ideas travel through time.

Well if they ever want to move Galchenyuk at center, trading Plekanec is got to be the option. DD probably would be very hard to move therefore you move Pleks to open that spot for Galchenyuk

The return should be a decent one if the Habs would want to move him. Maybe not right now but in the off season they're going to have to think about it depending on where they want Galchenyuk to be playing down the road

Hab-a-maniac

Sep 28, 2003
Toronto via Calgary!
Visit site
Only on HFboards would fans want trade a guy who could score 40 this year (in 73 games no less)! His contract is also highly awesome. We've got him another 5 years after this for 4.5M per. Do you know how much he could make if negotiating his deal this year? Could command at least 6M and would get more on the open market. I'd rather get whatever I could for DD, Bourque, Gionta, Briere, hell even Gorges! But not Maxpac. He's only behind Subban, Price, Galchenyuk and Markov in untradeable assets on this team for me. He needs a real centre and he could be a 40 goal scorer consistently.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Well if they ever want to move Galchenyuk at center, trading Plekanec is got to be the option. DD probably would be very hard to move therefore you move Pleks to open that spot for Galchenyuk

The return should be a decent one if the Habs would want to move him. Maybe not right now but in the off season they're going to have to think about it depending on where they want Galchenyuk to be playing down the road

You don't move Galchenyuk at center unless you're confident he's able to play there. Plekanec has been the most consistent player for the last 5 years and hopefully he's still here because this team wouldn't stand where it is now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad