What's wrong with Kopitar?

Jul 22, 2012
Meh. I wouldn't put much stock into it. As a Ducks fan, I'd love for him to continue this suckage, but it isn't gonna happen. He'll bounce back, that I'm sure of.

Taze em

Apr 20, 2012
Getting into the playoffs may be a tougher nut to crack than it has in the past. Not at all saying LA will miss but they could really flirt with it this year.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Perfect time to swoop in and get him. Clarkson + his weight in gold for Kopitar.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I love Kopitar but I think he might be closer to a prime Mikko Koivu than he is to a Toews. Still a very good player but maybe not quite the world beater some thought. Again I could be jumping the gun here but the numbers are pretty bad.

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
I love Kopitar but I think he might be closer to a prime Mikko Koivu than he is to a Toews. Still a very good player but maybe not quite the world beater some thought. Again I could be jumping the gun here but the numbers are pretty bad.

I wouldn't judge how a good a player he is based on the uncharacteristically bad year he's having. He's been a consistent 70+ point player over the years, but he's on pace to score about 40 points this season. And he's failing on other areas of the game, not just scoring.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012

Toews is in the 'world beater' tier of players? Kopitar has been at Toews' level his entire career. I don't think a sluggish first 2 months (at least production wise) of the current season warrants a downgrade.

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Never understood why threads are made when a player has a slow point in a season. This coming from a Hawks fan.

Reminds me of the knee jerk people saying "trade Kane" "trade Kane for Ryan miller (lol!)"

Kopitar will be fine. Both our respective teams will likely win many more cups being the two elites of the NHL and both will do it with their stars producing in the PO's where it counts. Unlike the Crosby/Malkin/Stamkos of the world they get compared to who fail to come through in the PO's.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Never understood why threads are made when a player has a slow point in a season. This coming from a Hawks fan.

Reminds me of the knee jerk people saying "trade Kane" "trade Kane for Ryan miller (lol!)"

Kopitar will be fine. Both our respective teams will likely win many more cups being the two elites of the NHL and both will do it with their stars producing in the PO's where it counts. Unlike the Crosby/Malkin/Stamkos of the world they get compared to who fail to come through in the PO's.

But i thought the most important trophy was the Art Ross? :sarcasm:

icekoob

4th Liner
May 16, 2010
VALPO/chicago
Toews is in the 'world beater' tier of players? Kopitar has been at Toews' level his entire career. I don't think a sluggish first 2 months (at least production wise) of the current season warrants a downgrade.

Tangibles or not he may produce at a similar level as Toews but any team would build a team around Toews over Kopi. It's been well documented straight from numerous coaches/players/writers mouths. I think they're a little more knowledgable than HFboarda.

That said, not bashing him at all, refer to my comment above this one defending him. Toews and Kane have disapeared as well as Kopi/Brown etc... Yet I think both of our teams are doing a - ok.

Bee Sheriff

Bad Boy Postingâ„¢
Nov 9, 2013
Tucson
Tangibles or not he may produce at a similar level as Toews but any team would build a team around Toews over Kopi. It's been well documented straight from numerous coaches/players/writers mouths. I think they're a little more knowledgable than HFboarda.

That said, not bashing him at all, refer to my comment above this one defending him. Toews and Kane have disapeared as well as Kopi/Brown etc... Yet I think both of our teams are doing a - ok.

Yup, both have been pretty quiet this season but as soon as it's Round 1 of the playoffs the spotlight will be on them more than anyone else.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I wouldn't judge how a good a player he is based on the uncharacteristically bad year he's having. He's been a consistent 70+ point player over the years, but he's on pace to score about 40 points this season. And he's failing on other areas of the game, not just scoring.

Koivu was a 70 pt guy for awhile. He was hurt frequently but that was usually his pace. Kopitar is an excellent player and I think he is going to end up better than Koivu for sure . Just stating that maybe we jumped the gun (myself included) in labeling Kopitar as a top 5 center

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012

Perhaps... I Don't think that necessarily means Toews is viewed on a completely different level than Kopitar though. NHL folks may prefer having Stamkos over Seguin but it doesn't mean the former is on a totally different tier than the latter.

theMajor

Feb 9, 2012
Socal
Koivu was a 70 pt guy for awhile. He was hurt frequently but that was usually his pace. Kopitar is an excellent player and I think he is going to end up better than Koivu for sure . Just stating that maybe we jumped the gun (myself included) in labeling Kopitar as a top 5 center

i dont think 3 bad months out of one season takes him out of the top 5 conversation. hes top 5 no doubt. he's been the best center in the playoffs 2 out of the last 3 years

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad