What's with all the negative threads?

Bunk Moreland

Mar 16, 2010
Long Island
No they don't. As recent as 2004 the Leafs won a playoff series. And they won quite a few series before that from 1993-2003. We haven't won a series since 1993. Leafs fans have seen their team have a TON more success since 1993 than Isles fans have and it isn't even close.

I might be mistaken, but I think with Phoenix's win last season we are now the the team with the longest drought with no playoff round victories.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
that would make too much sense! funny but all those guys you mentioned have more NHL Experience than our coach?

Shh! Pretty soon all the teams will be hiring unexperienced scrubs coaching in the Boston area! (Wang's battle cry after the ice girls idea)

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You're not asked to do anything. You choose to follow the Isles. As an Islanders fan, you need to understand that Wang is going to run this organization the way he wants, whether it's a smart hockey move or not. You need to accept this.

I've accepted it and learned to look at things as positive as I can, for example, we have a glut of young promising players in the system and a top five player in the league who wants to be part of the solution.

That's the right attitude to take.

Sitting back and cursing Wang/Snow just leads to frustration.

OlTimeHockey

Dec 5, 2003
home
And maybe gets Milbury fired and maybe gets the one reputable coach we've had since Clinton was President hired.

But aside from that, it accomplishes nothing. :D

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
My one question would be why we didn't, with TOP TALENT DRAFTED (and some ready like Tavares, Hamonic and Moulson, Grabs, etc), hire a Ken Hitchcock or other experienced, quality coach?

What makes you think a top tier coach would want to coach here? Even if Wang was willing to overpay for an experienced coach I couldn't see a Ken Hitchcock taking a job here right now.

Losing isn't really good for a coach's resume.

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
What makes you think a top tier coach would want to coach here? Even if Wang was willing to overpay for an experienced coach I couldn't see a Ken Hitchcock taking a job here right now.

Losing isn't really good for a coach's resume.

But he was cool with Columbus? The ONLY team in the past 10 years WORSE than the Isles? In my best Charles Barkley voice.... "come on man!"

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Im getting so upset with the negativity around here when I believe this team has a bright future and Garth has the team headed in the right direction. This young team plays an exciting brand of hockey.

we are going to be a lottery team again for the 6th year in a row.. Are you serious about going in the right direction?? We are negative because this organization has been run to the ground by a cheap owner and an ass kissing staff who are YES men. Sorry dude but this lockout made me forget just how terrible we are. Cant wait till we go to Brooklyn but if Charles should be spending money now in order to build the excitement to carry over into Barclays.

I want John Tavares to grab the microphone on the last home game like Derek Jeter did at the old Yankees stadium and say " hey fans we have a great history of championships and through the good, the bad and the ugly you stood by us" Were moving a few miles west.. and if you thought the 2 years at this coliseum were rocking, then wait to we go to Brooklyn and well see you all at the Canyon of Heroes as we win the Stanley Cup"

Instead at the rate we are going with the waiver pick ups and inexperienced coaching - Its going to be "will the last person who leaves tonight, please shut off the lights"

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
But he was cool with Columbus? The ONLY team in the past 10 years WORSE than the Isles? In my best Charles Barkley voice.... "come on man!"

At least Columbus looked like they were trying to compete. They finally made the playoffs under Hitchcock and tried making moves to improve their team.

Have you seen anything like that going on here?

Twine Seeking Missle

Go monkey go!!!
Dec 30, 2004
Suck-town
At least Columbus looked like they were trying to compete. They finally made the playoffs under Hitchcock and tried making moves to improve their team.

Have you seen anything like that going on here?

Trying to compete and competing are two different things. Yes, on the surface at least it kinda looked like Columbus cared more than we do now but they were still a horrible hockey team. And your point was about how losses don't look good on a coaches resume. No one has done more losing than the Jackets in recent years.

And no. I have seen nothing here to suggest trying to ice a competitive team. All I see is draft high and fill in the blanks with waiver pickups. So yes, no coach in his right mind would come here... unless the money is right. It's time Wang understood the importance of good coaching. I know the players play but a good coach can change a lot. Scotty Bowman in his best days wouldn't make this team a contender but he sure as hell would get everything he possibly could out of them. Cappy, his fault or not, doesn't do that.

Bert Marshall days

Oct 31, 2006
I want John Tavares to grab the microphone on the last home game like Derek Jeter did at the old Yankees stadium and say " hey fans we have a great history of championships and through the good, the bad and the ugly you stood by us" Were moving a few miles west.. and if you thought the 2 years at this coliseum were rocking, then wait to we go to Brooklyn and well see you all at the Canyon of Heroes as we win the Stanley Cup"

Sweet. Followed by HELLO BROOKLYN!

:yo:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad