Whats up with Sam Reinhart? wow

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Yeah, calling Ekblad "the "leagues worst dman" is insane hyperbole lol.

And Forsling the best defensive defenseman in the league? I highly doubt most of us watch enough teams to confidently say that. It's not necessarily something that can be measured statistically either (unlike offense)

But if it were the case he'd probably be getting at least a few Norris votes. As it stands he's never had a single vote thrown his way, maybe that changes this year though.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz

And Forsling the best defensive defenseman in the league? I highly doubt most of us watch enough teams to confidently say that. It's not necessarily something that can be measured statistically either (unlike offense)

But if it were the case he'd probably be getting at least a few Norris votes. As it stands he's never had a single vote thrown his way, maybe that changes this year though.
A few votes, yes maybe. Doesn't score enough for a real consideration even if he were by far the best defensive Dman in the league. Goals and assists always weigh more

Reactions: Jakeybonz and MaWa

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018

No, its just insane accuracy. Ek cant skate, shoot, pass, defend without holding/tripping/slashing, and is just all around the ugliest player on the ice. I wont miss him when hes gone. Weve had plenty of time with him injured in which i didnt miss him at all. And yes, i watch enough other teams to know forsling is the worlds premiere defender. There is no one above him. No d man will ever win the norris without scoring. Like it or not its a mostly offensive trophy. He's the best DEFENSEman. Every advanced and less advanced metric combined with the eye test show it. And its not this season. This is a 3 year long running fact.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
Since 2014-15:

Ekblad is 6th in goals among all D.
I get most love whipping him but to say he can't shoot/score is beyond ridiculous.
Ek has two things going for him: scoring and a nose for the puck. Without those high positives, I wouldn’t care that his skating sucks.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
Since 2014-15:

Ekblad is 6th in goals among all D.
I get most love whipping him but to say he can't shoot/score is beyond ridiculous.
The only way i can explain this is he made a deal with the devil. His shots are never good yet his floaters used to find their way in past a maze of bodies. He cant stick handle or skate in the o zone to open up space for himself or get into better shooting position. He just lobs pucks at the net weakly that used to go in and dont anymore. He was never a skilled goal scorer. He had one thing ever. A good stick/poke check. Thats all. Thats the entirety of his usefulness. Hes been carried by defense partners his entire career. I cant wait till hes traded next year. I know zito wont let him finish his contract here. All it takes is basic sanity to see he needs to go. And zito has more than just that. Heres hoping he'll take advantage of a gm who doesnt.

Last edited:

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
Give the other teams a chance. :sarcasm:

Make the other players feel better about themselves and their body's?
Well Makar is so far ineligible because of the 2018 ban. That opens up a D spot

Imagine MacKinnon watching Ekblad eat

joe-biden-disgust-look-utuvc3jf6b1uoj05.gif

Chelis Chili

Proud HFB member since 21 years [sic!]
Dec 26, 2002
Hockeytown
Atlantic Division’s top three teams triumph Thursday
The Panthers (40-16-4, 84 points), Bruins (35-12-14, 84 points) and Maple Leafs (34-17-8, 76 points) logged victories to increase their lead on the Red Wings (33-21-6, 72 points), who occupy fourth place in the Atlantic Division and fell to the Islanders:

* Sam Reinhart scored on the power play and penalty kill to eclipse the 40-goal mark and help the Panthers stage a comeback, capped by Anton Lundell’s shootout-winning tally, en route to passing the idle Rangers (40-17-3, 83 points) for top spot in the NHL’s overall standings. Florida (1 day) joined Vancouver (42 days), Winnipeg (10 days), Boston (4 days) and New York (3 days) as the fifth different team to occupy first place in the League standings since Jan. 1.

* Reinhart leads the NHL in power-play and shorthanded goals (tied) in 2023-24 with 23 and five, respectively – his five on the penalty kill are tied for the second most in a single campaign in Panthers history. Only three players have concluded a season leading the League in both power-play and shorthanded goals (tied or outright): Mario Lemieux (2x: 1995-96 & 1988-89), Wayne Gretzky (1983-84) and Max Bentley (1945-46).
FLANo1_Media-01124725.png

sauce: https://media.nhl.com/public/news/17776

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
Well Makar is so far ineligible because of the 2018 ban. That opens up a D spot

Imagine MacKinnon watching Ekblad eat

joe-biden-disgust-look-utuvc3jf6b1uoj05.gif

Makar should very obviously not be banned. He wasn't in the group that was charged now that everything is public, and indeed the reason for that is that there is hard proof that he wasn't even there.

Reactions: harv33173

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad