Whats up with Sam Reinhart? wow

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Not a surprise that a guy having a contract year is also having a career year at the same time. He shouldn't be paid based on it, he's a 70ish point guy who gives you 25-30 goals per year. I'd put money down that he will regress back to that after he gets his retirement contract.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Not a surprise that a guy having a contract year is also having a career year at the same time. He shouldn't be paid based on it, he's a 70ish point guy who gives you 25-30 goals per year. I'd put money down that he will regress back to that after he gets his retirement contract.

That's still a $7-8 million player in the NHL.

We won't be able to afford all 3 of Montour, Forsling and Reinhart unless they all take discounts.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
That's still a $7-8 million player in the NHL.

We won't be able to afford all 3 of Montour, Forsling and Reinhart unless they all take discounts.

True, I would give him around 7x8 but looks like the best option is to let him walk. Trading Ekblad would be the other but that creates a bigger hole on defense and trading in this cap environment is really tough, you get pennies for the dollar. I think he simply walks. Unless Zito can pull off some magic again.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
In all honesty though, even if he keeps this up or doesnt, Or if it is a one time thing. Cool. What sets Reinhart apart is he is honestly a two way forward and is a damn good one at that. He can play in the D Zone, can kill, etc. And he is a valuable asset for that.

Verhaeghe is a better scorer than Reinhart, but Reinhart is a more complete player. It's Tkachuk, It's Barkov, then 3rd is debatable. To me it's Reinhart

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Might be a fun thread idea breaking down our team (lets say forwards only for now) into tiers:

Tier 1 - Franchise players. Team is dependent on them being healthy and productive

Barkov
Tkachuk

Tier 2 - Top guys who are part of our identity

Reinhart
Verhaeghe
Could make an argument for Bennett in this tier as well. ERod may be here soon enough

Tier 3

Lundell
Luostarinen

etc

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
S Tier - Tkachuk, Barkov

A Tier - Reinhart, Verhaeghe

B Tier - Bennett (He's always hurt otherwise A), ERod (he's only 6 games in this is fair)

C Tier - Lorentz, Stenlund, Sourdif, Samo, Lockwood, Lomberg

D Tier - Lundell (Playoff Lundell was an A)

ShitTier- Cousins (Playoffs when he was promoted to Nick Brother was a B)

Bonus

D-Men

S Tier- Get Real Bro

A Tier - Keep Dreaming
B Tier - Montour Ekblad Forsling
C Tier- OEL, Mikkola
D Tier - Mahura, That guy EXTRA loves
F Tier - Failikov

• Haha
Reactions: batting1k

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I was really impressed with Reinhart during the cup run. He makes a lot of little smart plays that typically go unnoticed, or at least unappreciated if you don’t notice it. But like Maurice says he’s a really smart player, you see it in those little details. Even with his early struggles last season he was still a 30g scorer. He’s scored 30g in both seasons and is tracking for another. Not only did he make the smart little plays in the playoffs but he produced well and stepped up in big games. Not only that but he’s been what? The 2nd best PP goal scorer in the league over the past several years? Kinda hard to believe but that’s been incredibly important too.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I was really impressed with Reinhart during the cup run. He makes a lot of little smart plays that typically go unnoticed, or at least unappreciated if you don’t notice it. But like Maurice says he’s a really smart player, you see it in those little details. Even with his early struggles last season he was still a 30g scorer. He’s scored 30g in both seasons and is tracking for another. Not only did he make the smart little plays in the playoffs but he produced well and stepped up in big games. Not only that but he’s been what? The 2nd best PP goal scorer in the league over the past several years? Kinda hard to believe but that’s been incredibly important too.
Reino’s behind the back pass from behind the goal, feeding Lundell, was one of those absolute gems against Toronto.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Surprised at some comments wanting to let Forsling go? IMO he's arguably the most important defensemen to keep going forward?

Probably recency bias, Forsling has been bad to start the season. Leads the Panthers in giveaways and his defensive play has been shaky. It does raise some questions though.

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
Surprised at some comments wanting to let Forsling go? IMO he's arguably the most important defensemen to keep going forward?
People are actually saying this? Outside of tkachuk he’s probably been my favorite players since we got him. He’s so important and reliable, he’s been such a rock back there and I always rave about him. even if he’s struggling a little now (didn’t they try him on the right side? Now they got OEL on the right side I believe), that just means he’s bringing that AAV down on the longterm deal
IMG_3681.png

Lock him up for as long as you can. He’ll be back to his awesome self once everyone is back and he’s not looked upon to be the #1. Whether he was forced onto the 1st line with Weegar, montour, or Ekblad, he’s always looked amazing. Having to be the #1 and with new teammates, I’m not worried in the slightest with him.

I know +/- isn’t a perfect stat, but it’s funny how he’s a +5 on the season so far and doesn’t have a single game as a minus, and that’s with his struggles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad