What's up with P. Kane?

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
Under PPG, on on pace for 74 points and just 29 goals (not bad tho). The last 2 seasons, he averaged 97.5 points per game and 40 goals. What happened?
I think team successes inflate personal stats. When everyone in team has chemistry with thier linemates, they just get more points. That means, Kane might play same level as in previous seasons, it's just he has less chemistry and, my guess, his team play worster, so opposite best defensmen have easier job to shutdown his line because other lines aren't that scary.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Less talent (around him, not himself) combined with a few years of high achieving, he's probably just having an off year. Even great players are sometimes prone to this. It's hard to fault him after all of the hockey he's played over the last 5 or so years. That's not even considering that the rest of the team is struggling this year. I expect him to rebound a bit next year, but probably already past his peak season(s).

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The team is struggling. It happens. It happens to players of every caliber. Even if Chicago takes 1-2 years off for a tiny fix, they will be back and a thread will pop up saying "The resurgence of P Kane!"

inthe6ix

Oct 3, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Kane can drive his own line, so the loss of Panarin was supposed to be offset by an uptick in production for Toews with Saad riding shotgun with him again.

So much for that.

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
He needs more bread, lay off on the schmaltz liquor.

0008.gif

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yea it's Panarin. I'm a huge Kane fan but not enough credit was given to Panarin for his emergence as the league's top scorer.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
He was at a point per game until we lost 8 in a row. The whole team is playing bad. Kane will be fine. Plus you do know there are 20+ games remaining for him to catch back up to his pace. Just another Chicago bash thread. Keep them coming.

Dack

Jun 16, 2014
He plays with scrubs.

I think Debrincat-Anisimov-Kane would be great. Debrincat has a great shot.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Has nothing to do with Panarin. Schmaltz has replaced his production. It's the fact that Q refuses to put Kane with the best possible linemates, which includes DeBrincat. Instead Kane is playing on a line with Lance Bouma right now because Q is Q. Going to be fired in two months, but it's helping the tank efforts so whatever.

It's not Panarin people. Kane was putting up PPG numbers before Panarin was even playing professional hockey.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Weird, always kinda thought he was gonna take Panarin's spot on Kane's line.

I'm guessing the loss of Hossa has messed up a lot of things for the Hawks from a forwards perspective.

Loss of Hossa and Saad having career worst year. Gives them no incentive to use Hossa's LTIR money to improve team. And Q is a moron and has Wingels and Bouma on the 1st and 2nd line atm. Not sure if it's tank efforts or Q likes their 'grit'. But he basically hates DeBrincat, unfortunately for Q, Cat has scored 20 goals this season and could never do what he has wanted and that's get him out of the lineup.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
Weird, always kinda thought he was gonna take Panarin's spot on Kane's line.

I'm guessing the loss of Hossa has messed up a lot of things for the Hawks from a forwards perspective.

It's a big reason why a lot of Hawks fans are fed up with Q, The mismanagement of the roster leaves us scratching our heads every game with the lines he puts out.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Well obviously playing with another all star always helps. Panarin to Saad is a huge downgrade. Doubt he comes anywhere close to winning the art ross now that Panarin doesn't play with him.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
One goal in his last 13 games, and that one was a last second goal in a multiple-goal loss

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad